PDA

View Full Version : Prayers for Boston

VWL Mom
04-15-2013, 04:28 PM
My prayers are with those injured in at the marathon. May those families looking for loved ones be quickly reunited. Just terrible.

PirateLover
04-15-2013, 04:47 PM
Had a friend running in it, I just about lost it when I saw the first images. Thankfully she and her crew are OK but sadly the same cannot be said for many others. What should have been a day of joy and accomplishment was turned into a horrific nightmare for so many. All of my prayers go out to Boston... It is just so incredibly sad.

Cinderelley
04-15-2013, 04:55 PM
More prayers going out for those affected by this. There will be a day when things like this will no longer happen. I can't wait for that day.

Maleficent's Dad
04-15-2013, 04:59 PM
This is terrible - hard to fathom... Finishing a marathon with such history is supposed to be a joy.
Prayers for those affected by this tragedy.

There will be a day when things like this will no longer happen.
I love your optimism and pray that you're right.

SBETigg
04-15-2013, 05:02 PM
Heartbreaking and scary, so sad. Prayers for those in Boston and all the affected and their friends and families. I grew up in Massachusetts and still live close in CT.

Maryanne, so glad your friends checked in and are well.

BrerGnat
04-15-2013, 05:02 PM
This is such a horrible tragedy.

The only bright side seems to be that two of the bombs were found undetonated, and are being dismantled. So many more people could have potentially been injured.

Prayers going out to all those affected.

Kenny1113
04-15-2013, 05:04 PM
:(

Zippy 1
04-15-2013, 05:23 PM
:cry: This breaks my heart. Is it no longer safe to be anywhere? My thoughts and prayers to everyone effected by this

MOJoe
04-15-2013, 05:30 PM
Such senseless violence. A very sad day for Boston and our country.:(

buzznwoodysmom
04-15-2013, 05:51 PM
My thoughts and prayers to all involved. Such a sad and senseless act.

ibelieveindisneymagic
04-15-2013, 06:07 PM
Just rotten! I have no words to express how sad and upset this makes me.

Lots of prayers heading down that way, and I'm relieved it wasn't worse.

BriarRose0708
04-15-2013, 06:51 PM
Senseless, sickening, sad, unreal. I pray for everyone impacted and hope for a time when we no longer have to worry about this happening again. :grouphug:

faline
04-15-2013, 06:54 PM
Am still watching it on the news. Such a horrible thing!

Dopey's Girl
04-15-2013, 07:52 PM
I just can't even imagine what drives one human to do this to another. My prayers go out to all those in Boston and their families.

Kairi_7378
04-15-2013, 08:15 PM
I haven't been able to find the words to express how sad this news has made me.

jenperich
04-15-2013, 10:27 PM
My husband was 50 yards away from both explosions as a race photographer. He said the scene was just chaos. Thankfully he is okay and home safely. #prayersforboston

Melanie
04-15-2013, 10:31 PM
My husband was 50 yards away from both explosions as a race photographer. He said the scene was just chaos. Thankfully he is okay and home safely. #prayersforboston

Oh my goodness! So glad he is safe.

This whole thing is beyond comprehension. :(

TinkerbellT421
04-15-2013, 10:48 PM
I can't even wrap my head around it all. An absolute horrible tragedy on so many levels. Prayers for all victims, their friends and family, may you all get through this.

minnie04
04-16-2013, 08:25 AM
Prayers to all in Boston!!! :( A sad day in the US once again.... When is this ever going to stop? I feel for all those involved and look at our future for our children what is it going to be like..Very sad

VWL Mom
04-16-2013, 08:50 AM
Had a friend running in it, I just about lost it when I saw the first images. Thankfully she and her crew are OK but sadly the same cannot be said for many others.

Good to hear they're safe and sound. My thoughts and prayers continue for those not so fortunate.

mydisneygirls
04-16-2013, 09:27 AM

Glad to hear your husband is okay Jen!!!! I have spoken with friends who have relatives that work in the hospitals and to say the least, it was very gruesome and unbearable and they were called in from other departments to the ER. It continues to be a very solemn day here in Boston as we all continue to pray for the victims, their families and the heroic workers who witnessed this tragedy. Also, family members from the Sandy Hook Elementary School were in the stands across from where the first bomb went off as they were there to cheer on their spouses, friends, etc. who were running in memory of those that were lost and we pray for them as well.

jenperich
04-16-2013, 10:19 AM
Also, family members from the Sandy Hook Elementary School were in the stands across from where the first bomb went off as they were there to cheer on their spouses, friends, etc. who were running in memory of those that were lost and we pray for them as well.

I read that! Gosh I hope they are all safe.

DVC2004
04-16-2013, 10:25 AM
What a terrible act. I am praying for all. I hope those responsible are brought to justice. So much sadness in my heart today.

princessgirls
04-16-2013, 10:40 AM
Sad sad day. My prayers are with those in Boston. Senseless tragedy. Just read of CNN that more than 10 people had amputations. Heartbreaking. To be standing one minute and losing your legs the next.

This could happen anywhere too. I live near and go into NYC often, even for big events such as the Macy's Thanksgiving day parade. I'm so sad, that every year we seem to lose a little more of our innocence as American's.
Julie:mickey:

bruin1344
04-16-2013, 01:22 PM
Thank you everyone for your concerns for my fellow Bostonians. Fortunately, I dont know anyone personally that was injured but the stories from people that know people that were there were gruesome. Its scary to hear my friends and family say that they watched the marathon from the spot of the blast in prior years.

darthmacho
04-16-2013, 01:51 PM
As a Bostonian, I want to tell people that while many were hurt and several were killed, maimed, or damaged irreparably by this tragedy, so many more risked themselves to selflessly aid and comfort the victims, and thousands continue to work tirelessly moving forward. I'm proud of our city and grateful to be an American. My thoughts are with the victims and their families.

badkitty
04-16-2013, 02:18 PM
What a terrible, senseless tragedy. My prayers are with the victims and their families and to everyone who risked their lives responding to or witnessed this horrible scene.

DisneyDINK
04-17-2013, 12:39 PM
All those affected by the damage are in my thoughts and prayers, especially the victim and their families.

Back in 2007 I had the pleasure and privilege of running the Boston Marathon. There is NOWHERE that makes the visiting athletes and spectators and visitors feel more welcome. Boston gets behind the race and celebrates it and I love them for that.

I have a good friend who ran this year and I am so grateful he is OK.

And DarthMacho, I'm proud of your city too.

BriarRose0708
04-19-2013, 08:24 AM
With events still unfolding this morning in the chase for suspects that began last night I am thinking and praying for all of our friends and family in Watertown, Boston, and suburbs. Have faith this will come to a quick end and justice will take its course.