PDA

View Full Version : Comment on CBR

JoDisney
04-15-2013, 03:25 PM
This customer called into QVC this morning to buy a gauze shirt during an early morning fashion segment. She commented that she lives only 1 and 1/2 hrs. from Disney World. She said she was going to wear it to her favorite resort, CBR. I started smiling because she gave CBR a thumbs up :thumbsup:during her telephone call. Here was a lady voicing her opinion about CBR. It was a cute comment.

kakn7294
04-15-2013, 04:57 PM
We're staying there again in June for our 4th stay since 1993. Love it there!

mousetrapper
04-23-2013, 09:28 PM
That is cute! I agree - CBR is our favorite moderate resort! We've stayed there more than any other WDW resort.

CuteAsMinnie
04-25-2013, 06:03 PM
We stayed at CBR twice; once in Jamica (pre-children) and once in Martinique (we requested a room near a playground for our toddler).

Both stays were lovely!!!

I will say I much prefer the garden view (quiet and pretty) to a water view (seemed to have heavy foot traffic)

MrPeetrie
04-26-2013, 07:31 AM
I have a mixed opinion a out CBR. It's a beautiful resort, but location is really important here.

On our first stay, we were at Martinique; very close to Old Port Royale and the main pool. Buses were great. The resort is one of the largest, complete with an internal shuttle bus. The food court is fun. (I love eating breakfast outside, looking at the lake. There are plenty of recreational options. I'd stay there again.

On our most recent trip, however, we stayed at S. Trinidad (in a pirate-themed room). It was picturesque, like a private island, but that came with a price. We were far from Centertowne. Long walks from the store each night if we had packages to pick up or needed milk or something. And the morning buses were the worst. From our bus stop, we could see buses heading our way. But they'd usually be filled and, instead of coming to our bus stop, they'd turn over the bridge and exit the resort without coming to our stop.

One morning, bus after bus came to the bridge and turned to exit instead of coming to our stop. We saw one empty bus pass by, apparently being a bus-in-waiting. There was a CM at the stop every morning, monitoring buses. After 30 minutes without one coming to our stop, he radiod for the bus-in-waiting to come and we had our own private bus. This one didn't stop at any other bus stops. It took us straight to the Magic Kingdom. That would be the only caveat about staying there.

AmandaChan
04-29-2013, 07:52 AM
I always find myself mentioning WDW.. we bought a van the other day.. I told the salesperson that we needed a bigger car to drive to WDW with.