PDA

View Full Version : AKL Nightvision & tips

wdw4wheelo
04-13-2013, 10:20 PM
Excited for upcoming trip to AKL-Kidani Village. :mickey:

Does Kidani Village have nightvision animal viewing or is that only at Jambo?

Also, looking for any tips on things not to be missed at AKL.

Lisa and Alan
04-14-2013, 07:09 AM
Yes, there is a fire pit with story telling times and a cast member has several pairs of night vision goggles for guests to borrow. We loved Kidani ..first bus stop pick up and first to drop off was a wonderful plus.( except for downtown disney,,,Jambo was first pick up) Be sure to take in the artifacts and artwork. There is a separate viewing room with fireplaces and a balcony. Be sure to interact and play with the musicians playing the African drums and other instruments. If you have children, check out community hall. You can also grab any park bus( except downtown disney) and take a short ride to Jambo for more sights to see. There is also paper and crayons available to do etchings from the lobby floor at Jambo. Have fun, and relax.. This resort is wonderful.

ThanxForNoticin
04-15-2013, 12:34 PM
Actually, if I remember correctly from our last trip, the night vision opportunity is available ONLY at Kidani. I don't think they are doing it any longer at the main lookout at Jambo. It is a very interesting experience!

ginny57
04-15-2013, 07:56 PM
I was there in March and they had the NightVision @ Jambo, It was amazing!

ThanxForNoticin
04-16-2013, 12:39 PM
I was there in Feb and they didn't have them at Jambo. Maybe it was just an off night. It makes sense they would have them both places.