PDA

View Full Version : club level for a vegetarian

lapinblanc
04-13-2013, 12:14 AM
we are heading back to the world in january. we are thinking of staying club level. just wondering which resort would have the best food selection for a vegetarian. we are not making the choice based on food but wanted to be able to try a lot of the offerings.

any other opinions on club level most welcomed.

BrerGnat
04-13-2013, 09:31 AM
Well, at all the CL, 'snacks' are the main food offering. If the vegetarian eats cheese, pretty much all of them are equal. In the evenings, they all tend to offer stuff like spring rolls, spinach/cheese spanikopita, and other types of vegetarian appetizers along with 1 or 2 meat/seafood items, like chicken skewers, scallops, etc. There is always a nice spread of veggies and dips, cheese and crackers/breads, fruit trays. The breakfast is all vegetarian friendly...I have never seen any types of meats at breakfast. There will sometimes be hard boiled eggs, but it is mostly pastries, fruit, yogurt, oatmeal, that sort of thing. The midday snacks are stuff like chips, pretzels, gummy candies, and cookies.

Hammer
04-13-2013, 10:49 AM
Well, at all the CL, 'snacks' are the main food offering. If the vegetarian eats cheese, pretty much all of them are equal. In the evenings, they all tend to offer stuff like spring rolls, spinach/cheese spanikopita, and other types of vegetarian appetizers along with 1 or 2 meat/seafood items, like chicken skewers, scallops, etc. There is always a nice spread of veggies and dips, cheese and crackers/breads, fruit trays. The breakfast is all vegetarian friendly...I have never seen any types of meats at breakfast. There will sometimes be hard boiled eggs, but it is mostly pastries, fruit, yogurt, oatmeal, that sort of thing. The midday snacks are stuff like chips, pretzels, gummy candies, and cookies.

Agree with most of what was said here, but just want people to know that cold cuts are offered at the Grand Floridian Club Level, both Main Building and Sugar Loaf. I found that the food offerings at both Grand Floridian Club Levels to be larger than the other deluxes, though I have not seen the setup at the Polynesian.

BrerGnat
04-13-2013, 01:13 PM
Agree with most of what was said here, but just want people to know that cold cuts are offered at the Grand Floridian Club Level, both Main Building and Sugar Loaf. I found that the food offerings at both Grand Floridian Club Levels to be larger than the other deluxes, though I have not seen the setup at the Polynesian.

This is definitely true. The GF is kind of the outlier of the Club Level at WDW. They have WAY more food offerings, but it also costs WAY WAY WAY more money!!!

Hammer
04-14-2013, 09:56 AM
This is definitely true. The GF is kind of the outlier of the Club Level at WDW. They have WAY more food offerings, but it also costs WAY WAY WAY more money!!!

That's definitely true for the Main building, but the price for Sugarloaf concierge and Poly concierge is almost the same. Now the main building price and Sugarloaf is over $100 per night, and the only difference is location. So, I stuck with Sugarloaf when I stayed there with my Mom and sister in July 2010. Mom's dream was to stay at Grand Floridian, which she loved. The price has also gone up greatly since we stayed there.

Hammer
04-14-2013, 12:00 PM
Oh, I forgot to mention that that trip was made possible by the wonderful work of Deb and Nanci of Magical Journeys who were able to get me an AP discount on really short notice, as this stay was planned in less than a week before it happened.

Magical Journeys is the best :thumbsup: !!