PDA

View Full Version : Military Salute Tix

nls721
04-12-2013, 09:14 PM
Do you know when Disney will release if they are doing the military salute tix and room discounts after Oct 1st? Going early Oct. Thanks!

Melanie
04-12-2013, 10:03 PM
This past year, it was announced in August. Fingers crossed they do it again for this coming year.

buzznwoodysmom
04-13-2013, 08:44 AM
I am (not so) patiently waiting to see what is offered this year as well. We would love to take a mid October trip for food & wine, so hoping any new military discounts are announced as early a possible! Fingers crossed Disney decides to continue offering these great deals to military. I know how much we all appreciate it, and for our family makes it possible to go as often as we do.

BrerGnat
04-13-2013, 09:24 AM
I really wish they would make this a Jan-Dec deal, instead of the current way it expires at the end of September every year. I mean, not that I'm complaining, because we have taken advantage of this offer every year so far, but it does make planning for fall trips very difficult when they don't finalize the details until late summer.

buzznwoodysmom
04-13-2013, 07:10 PM
I really wish they would make this a Jan-Dec deal, instead of the current way it expires at the end of September every year. I mean, not that I'm complaining, because we have taken advantage of this offer every year so far, but it does make planning for fall trips very difficult when they don't finalize the details until late summer.

Natalie, I don't think the problem is when these new promotions start, it's how far in advanced they are announced.

We often go to Disney for Mardi Gras, which is usually in February. So making it a Jan.- Dec. thing would still be frustrating for those planning a trip early in the year. Basically no matter when they do it, if your planning your trip around that time frame it's frustrating.

Although, I get what your saying, it would make more sense to do full years at a time. I just think the real problem is the "short notice", not time of year.

BrerGnat
04-13-2013, 07:18 PM
Yeah, you are right Denise. I didn't think about it that way.

buzznwoodysmom
05-06-2013, 11:50 AM
Just a little fyi. I get a "military disney tips" newsletter via email. The guy who does these has some Disney contacts. He specifically mentioned in his latest newsletter that he thinks there is a good possibility that the military salute deal will be announced earlier this year than in the past. Funny because we were just discussing that very thing here.

Hopefully that means that he expects Disney to continue this for at least another year. And hopefully,for those of us hoping to book fall trips, it is announced earlier than past years.

Please keep in mind that until Disney announces it....well you all know the deal!

Melanie
05-06-2013, 12:07 PM
Just a little fyi. I get a "military disney tips" newsletter via email. The guy who does these has some Disney contacts. He specifically mentioned in his latest newsletter that he thinks there is a good possibility that the military salute deal will be announced earlier this year than in the past. Funny because we were just discussing that very thing here.

Yeah, Steve seems to have secured a good contact within Disney, and I trust his predictions. He's good about bugging them too. lol!

Hopefully it will be soon! My August DL trip is covered, but I've got 2 more trips I need to worry about. ;)

#1donaldfan
05-06-2013, 12:11 PM
....just butting in here a bit.......I've never really looked at the military discounts, do they offer only active and retired, or do they also offer disabled vets, not retired ?? Thanks !:mickey:

BrerGnat
05-06-2013, 12:28 PM
....just butting in here a bit.......I've never really looked at the military discounts, do they offer only active and retired, or do they also offer disabled vets, not retired ?? Thanks !:mickey:

The offer extends to 100% disabled Vets only.

buzznwoodysmom
05-06-2013, 01:34 PM
Yeah, Steve seems to have secured a good contact within Disney, and I trust his predictions. He's good about bugging them too. lol!

Hopefully it will be soon! My August DL trip is covered, but I've got 2 more trips I need to worry about. ;)

You got it Mel! It was indeed Steve's newsletter.

#1donaldfan
05-07-2013, 12:16 PM
The offer extends to 100% disabled Vets only.

THANKS !!:cool:

ANG
05-07-2013, 12:51 PM
We've used the salute tickets twice. And each year they released them 1-2 months before the deal was "expiring"

Melanie
05-22-2013, 08:26 AM
Just an update: Steve just told me on Facebook that he had a conversation yesterday with Disney and that he's staying on them for us. :thumbsup:

BrerGnat
05-22-2013, 08:48 AM
Just an update: Steve just told me on Facebook that he had a conversation yesterday with Disney and that he's staying on them for us. :thumbsup:

Great to hear! We are waiting on this to book our hotel for marathon weekend. I suggested SOG this weekend and my husband gave me "the look". LOL! He wants to be able to walk to the UK pub. :thumbsup:

Tngirl
05-22-2013, 12:02 PM
I am an active member of Military and have the salute tickets. Can you advise what information Disney takes when they activate the tickets. I have 2 sets of twins:cloud9: so want to have all information ready because the kids will be ready to go in for sure haha..Excited but heard the process was kinda long..

BrerGnat
05-22-2013, 01:14 PM
I am an active member of Military and have the salute tickets. Can you advise what information Disney takes when they activate the tickets. I have 2 sets of twins:cloud9: so want to have all information ready because the kids will be ready to go in for sure haha..Excited but heard the process was kinda long..

I answered on your other post. The process is not long at all. A few minutes at most. Don't stress about it. All you need to provide is your military ID, sponsor's SSN, names, address, phone number and name of your military base.