PDA

View Full Version : Which section at Port Orleans Riverside?

DizMagic
04-12-2013, 11:36 AM
Has anyone stayed at Port Orleans Riverside lately? We will likely make a reservation there for a trip in October. We have three young children so we have five in a room. I think we will need to stay in Alligator Bayou. Are the refurbished rooms in Alligator Bayou completed? Which rooms should we ask for? Thanks so much!

#1donaldfan
04-12-2013, 12:17 PM
You will love the AB section !! I am not sure if all the rennovations are completed but I do know the new rooms are very different, and very nice !! I would request one of the preferred buildings. I love bldg 18 and 14, with 14 being the closest to the food court and busses and 18 being the second closest, but with an awesome quiet pool !!!

mook3y
04-12-2013, 01:44 PM
We stayed there in October with 3 kids. We had the advantage of having a co-worker that stayed in 1 of the AB rooms a couple weeks before we went.

With the remodel, there is not as much storage space - drawers. So we brought an over the door shoe holder for extra storage (socks, lanyards, medicines, toys, etc). But, there is very little space with the new doors. We couldn't shut the bathroom door with the holder in place, so we ended up hanging it from the curtain rod. We had a corner room, so we still had plenty of window left.

We also bought a canvas closet pocket hanger - it provided us with 5 spaces to store clothes in. Note that you need to get one that has hooks. You can't take the pole down to slide one of these on.

We were there for over 2 weeks and to us, it was a necessity to have this extra space.

Camaro305
04-12-2013, 02:58 PM
I believe building 17 is a close as you can get to main building without paying for preferred. Might want to keep that in mind as well.

Kairi_7378
04-14-2013, 08:59 AM
We stayed in Building 27 several years ago. It was close enough to be convenient but far enough away to be slightly removed from all of the action around the main building. I'm not sure if that's a preferred building now, though.

MrPeetrie
04-15-2013, 07:53 PM
We love the Alligator Bayou. For me, I enjoy NOT staying right next to the food court because I really enjoy the morning's winding walk to the mill. It's peaceful, picturesque, and one of my favorites.

Kaps
04-17-2013, 12:08 PM
Alligator bayou buildings 14 or 18 I would stay at a preferred building resort grounds are on the big side

azcavalier
04-17-2013, 01:21 PM
Yep, it's Alligator Bayou for you. We've stayed there three of the last four years, I believe. We've never asked for a particular building, so I can't comment on that. However, we've usually wound up back at 36/37 or 25/26. They're the farthest from the main building, but close to bus depots, and 26 is especially close to the bridge to Ol' Man Island.

If you want more information on Port Orleans, there is an entire site dedicated to it. Just google it.

#1donaldfan
04-18-2013, 12:39 PM
Yep, it's Alligator Bayou for you. We've stayed there three of the last four years, I believe. We've never asked for a particular building, so I can't comment on that. However, we've usually wound up back at 36/37 or 25/26. They're the farthest from the main building, but close to bus depots, and 26 is especially close to the bridge to Ol' Man Island.

If you want more information on Port Orleans, there is an entire site dedicated to it. Just google it.

...just to comment on how close to the busses....there are 4 bus depots at Riverside, so most buildings are "close" to a bus stop......

AvonleaCF
04-19-2013, 12:40 PM
I've stayed at POR twice, but both times was in the Mansions. Love that resort.

azcavalier
04-23-2013, 10:01 AM
...just to comment on how close to the busses....there are 4 bus depots at Riverside, so most buildings are "close" to a bus stop......

Sure, but some are closer than others. And when you're carrying a child that is asleep, that makes a big difference.

Actually, in looking at a map, buildings 17, 26, 27, 28, 38, & 39 really aren't very close at all.