PDA

View Full Version : Just Venting...I am so angry

NJGIRL
04-11-2013, 11:42 PM
After two years of playing games with the kids and their families, we were told our school is closing, The kids are devastated....they werent crying they were sobbing :(

tinkwest
04-12-2013, 01:15 AM
That is really sad. It's like closing down an entire community.

VWL Mom
04-12-2013, 07:10 AM
Sorry to hear :(

TinkerbellT421
04-12-2013, 07:31 AM
Sorry to hear that :(

faline
04-12-2013, 07:57 AM
I'm sorry Rita! That is such a huge change in a kid's life!!

barnaby
04-12-2013, 08:18 AM
After two years of playing games with the kids and their families, we were told our school is closing, The kids are devastated....they werent crying they were sobbing :(

Very sorry to hear.
Sacred Heart?

Katzateer
04-12-2013, 08:45 AM
:( hope you can find a school they like.

BriarRose0708
04-12-2013, 09:02 AM
I'm so sorry :(

ibelieveindisneymagic
04-12-2013, 09:48 AM
I am so sorry ... especially after all of the saga that comes before they actually make the annoucement.

SBETigg
04-12-2013, 11:06 AM
I'm sorry.

PirateLover
04-12-2013, 12:25 PM
Sorry to hear :( I've been through it myself when I taught in the Archdiocese of Phila. It is a hard thing to deal with, especially when you get the final verdict so late in the year.

NJGIRL
04-12-2013, 01:42 PM
Very sorry to hear.
Sacred Heart?

Yes...:(

NJGIRL
04-12-2013, 01:45 PM
I am so sorry ... especially after all of the saga that comes before they actually make the annoucement.

Thanks everyone! I know the kids will be fine, but they love the school and they don't understand this is just a little bump in the road. After the last couple of weeks I really need a :marg:

NJGIRL
04-12-2013, 01:50 PM
Sorry to hear :( I've been through it myself when I taught in the Archdiocese of Phila. It is a hard thing to deal with, especially when you get the final verdict so late in the year.

They tried to shut us down last year because we owed them 300,000.......well we raised almost almost a million....that wasn't good enough.......the school 30 mins away owes them 5 million and they need to collect from them....so closing our school will make all of us go to the other school so they can collect their 5 mil.....or so they think ;)

DVC2004
04-12-2013, 02:28 PM
I'm so sorry to hear this!

Hammer
04-12-2013, 02:47 PM

I'm sorry you are going through this, Rita. If it makes you feel better, they are closing schools in Camden County as well. My friends' kids go to Assumption in Atco and they are closing that school after two years of tug of war. I was glad when I moved to Mount Laurel and became part of the diocese of Trenton. Yes, schools close, but not like Camden. And they spread the money through all 4 counties within the diocese. My friend is sending her kids to my parish school and the tuition is $1000 less than Assumption.

barnaby
04-12-2013, 02:59 PM
Yes...:(

My son transferred to Bishop Schad this year after his school, Saint Mary Magdalen, closed its doors last June. When I moved to Cumberland County, there were 6 area Catholic schools. Now only 2 remain. :( Very sad to see the Catholic school tradition fade away. Catholic schools are a special experience. The feeling of family and community are something you just don’t get at many other schools.

My heart goes out to the students, parents and alumni. After the emotional high of last year having staved off closing (I am not an alumni but was rooting for SHHS), to get the news of the closure this year has to be very hard.

Thoughts and prayers go out to you and the Sacred Heart family

NJGIRL
04-12-2013, 06:45 PM
I'm sorry you are going through this, Rita. If it makes you feel better, they are closing schools in Camden County as well. My friends' kids go to Assumption in Atco and they are closing that school after two years of tug of war. I was glad when I moved to Mount Laurel and became part of the diocese of Trenton. Yes, schools close, but not like Camden. And they spread the money through all 4 counties within the diocese. My friend is sending her kids to my parish school and the tuition is $1000 less than Assumption.

That's the problem here. Although Cumberland County is the poorest county in NJ the diocese will not support any programs here. Elementary school was $4000 per student.....high school is $8500 per student. My sister had her 3 kids at St Cecilia's in Philly and her whole bill was only $6000. We are basically in the same area, same cost of living etc. but her tuition is so much cheaper. Something is just not right. They make the education unaffordable for most families.

NJGIRL
04-12-2013, 06:55 PM
My son transferred to Bishop Schad this year after his school, Saint Mary Magdalen, closed its doors last June. When I moved to Cumberland County, there were 6 area Catholic schools. Now only 2 remain. :( Very sad to see the Catholic school tradition fade away. Catholic schools are a special experience. The feeling of family and community are something you just don’t get at many other schools.

My heart goes out to the students, parents and alumni. After the emotional high of last year having staved off closing (I am not an alumni but was rooting for SHHS), to get the news of the closure this year has to be very hard.

Thoughts and prayers go out to you and the Sacred Heart family

Thanks! You guys weren't even given a chance last year. The smart ones were Notre Dame.....they started their own school and kept 90% of their students. They make their own rules now. My biggest problem with all this, which you went through last year, is the unwillingness to address the people involved and the "what I say goes, don't question me" attitude. Maybe not so much with the younger kids, but with the high school kids, it is putting a very bad taste in their mouths. These kids deserve to be shown respect and when you can't show respect you will not get respect. I thought with the change of leadership last month things would get better, but they are just the same.

Hammer
04-13-2013, 10:31 AM
That's the problem here. Although Cumberland County is the poorest county in NJ the diocese will not support any programs here. Elementary school was $4000 per student.....high school is $8500 per student. My sister had her 3 kids at St Cecilia's in Philly and her whole bill was only $6000. We are basically in the same area, same cost of living etc. but her tuition is so much cheaper. Something is just not right. They make the education unaffordable for most families.

Rita, not sure if your son was in the elementary or high school, but I remember when I was in high school at Paul VI that the high schools paid the same base tuition. I looked at the websites for both high schools and it looks like that is no longer the case, which is a shame.

It has always seemed that Cumberland and Salem counties were ignored by the diocese of Camden. I remember when they closed St. James high school in Carney's Point. Have they said anything to you all about what Catholic high school your kids can attend? I'm guessing St. Joe's Hammonton is the closest and honestly I've never been that impressed with the level of academics at that high school.

Kairi_7378
04-13-2013, 10:38 AM
I'm so sorry to read this news. What a frustrating time for the parents, teachers, and students. I have been through this indirectly with the Philadelphia schools closing in the past 3 years. It's one of those situations that makes me invoke the Thumper Rule!

Hammer
04-13-2013, 11:10 AM
I'm so sorry to read this news. What a frustrating time for the parents, teachers, and students. I have been through this indirectly with the Philadelphia schools closing in the past 3 years. It's one of those situations that makes me invoke the Thumper Rule!

Okay Laura, explain the Thumper rule. It's been a while since I've seen Bambi :).

NJGIRL
04-13-2013, 11:41 AM
Rita, not sure if your son was in the elementary or high school, but I remember when I was in high school at Paul VI that the high schools paid the same base tuition. I looked at the websites for both high schools and it looks like that is no longer the case, which is a shame.

It has always seemed that Cumberland and Salem counties were ignored by the diocese of Camden. I remember when they closed St. James high school in Carney's Point. Have they said anything to you all about what Catholic high school your kids can attend? I'm guessing St. Joe's Hammonton is the closest and honestly I've never been that impressed with the level of academics at that high school.

We can go were ever we want. We did look at St Joe's last year and actually liked it, but it is a good 30 minutes away, but it is the closest school. Someone told me yesterday that Paul VI is no longer a diocese school, I like that fact, but it is an hour away, so it is out of the question. My son will be in 10th grade next year.

PirateLover
04-13-2013, 12:59 PM
Okay Laura, explain the Thumper rule. It's been a while since I've seen Bambi :).

I believe it's "If you can't say something nice, don't say nuthin' at all."