PDA

View Full Version : How many days can I book???

PETE FROM NYC
04-11-2013, 04:15 PM
Our next trip, to BLT, our home resort, is tentatively scheduled for Sept, 2014.
Is there any limit as to how many nights we can book at the 11th month window. We will have almost 2 yrs worth of points to use.
Depending on which view, we are thinking 12-15 days.

DizneyFreak2002
04-11-2013, 04:37 PM
Our next trip, to BLT, our home resort, is tentatively scheduled for Sept, 2014.
Is there any limit as to how many nights we can book at the 11th month window. We will have almost 2 yrs worth of points to use.
Depending on which view, we are thinking 12-15 days.

I thought you could book as many days as your points allow... I don't know any different... I have booked 10 days worth before, never had an issue... as long as there is availability..

VWL Mom
04-11-2013, 04:57 PM
At 11 months you can book 7 nights. You would then call back daily to add on. If you are within the 11 month period for your home resort you can book up to 14 nights.

TinkerbellT421
04-11-2013, 05:03 PM
At 11 months you can book 7 nights. You would then call back daily to add on. If you are within the 11 month period for your home resort you can book up to 14 nights.

Really? I swear we were able to book all of our 9 night stays at the 11 month mark without calling back. I know adrs work that way, but really thought we would book all in one call. Guess I could be wrong as we haven't done that in a couple years. Let me add that I also stink at math and DBF handles all the date schedules and ressies so I'm pretty sure I am confused anyway. Lol

VWL Mom
04-11-2013, 05:44 PM
I thought it was 10 but before I answered I went on the DVC site and that's where I got 7. Really don't know when they changed it.

TinkerbellT421
04-11-2013, 06:02 PM
I thought it was 10 but before I answered I went on the DVC site and that's where I got 7. Really don't know when they changed it.

Wow. Makes snese, I think our longest trip was 11 days. Now I'm curious what DBF did back then, I'll have to ask him just for giggles. Is it different when you book at 7 months?

VWL Mom
04-11-2013, 06:58 PM
Wow. Makes snese, I think our longest trip was 11 days. Now I'm curious what DBF did back then, I'll have to ask him just for giggles. Is it different when you book at 7 months?

7 months at a non-home resort would be 7 days also.

I'm probably explaining this wrong but I'm going to try :blush:

Example:
Home resort today 11 month is November 11 so I could book 7 days. If my 11 month was yesterday, today I could book 8 days. If it was Tuesday, I could book 9 days, etc. Same goes for Non-Home at 7 days......does that make sense? You just can't book more that 7 days from what opens that day.

DizneyFreak2002
04-11-2013, 07:05 PM
That must be a recent change cause I never had an issue booking more than 7 days at the 11 month mark...

Yo Mickey!
04-11-2013, 09:22 PM
7 days is correct if you are up against that 11 mos window to the day. we do this with our holiday booking at bcv and it's been that way at least the past couple/few years, can't attest before that.

i always have to call back for the 8th and 9th day the two following days.

DisneyGiant
04-12-2013, 01:06 PM
Can't you book all of your days for a long stay if its the 11th month window for your last day?

I always book more than 7 at the 11th month on the first day of my time period - and I'm always told that they can book only 7 and I could call back.

And I end up calling them back when the whole time period is in the window - because I'd rather book it all or none.

Then I go through the same thing at the 7th month window. You think I'd learn! :)

Carol
04-13-2013, 10:40 AM
From the DVC Member Page :

Q: Why were 7 nights chosen as the maximum length of stay permitted to book by check-in date at the start of the Home Resort Priority window?

A: Our research has shown that more than 92% of Disney Vacation Club Resort reservations are for a length of stay of 7 or less consecutive nights.

Q: What if a Member would like to reserve more than 7 consecutive nights at the start of the Home Resort Priority booking period?

A: This can be accomplished in more than one way. A Member may call at the start of the reservation booking period to reserve the first 7 nights, and then add to the reservation one night at a time until they reach their desired check-out date. Or, a Member may wait until 11 months and 7 days from their desired check-out date to reserve the entire length of stay in one call.