PDA

View Full Version : Heat from Refrigerator - Whew!

Granny Jill A
04-11-2013, 03:06 PM
I've noticed that the fridge in the cabinet generates so much heat, I'm almost afraid of a fire.

That can't be good for the appliance.

mdricks
04-12-2013, 09:39 AM
Kills their efficiency too. We always leave the door to the cabinet open or none of our stuff will get/stay cold.

:number1:

faline
04-12-2013, 09:41 AM
I've never been able to figure out why Disney put them into enclosed cabinets like that. They don't work well and they have no place to vent when they are all closed up like that.

#1donaldfan
04-12-2013, 12:37 PM
I have had some luck with them, at least 50% of the time. We have had them freeze our water, and others would barely keep things cool. They can be adjusted on the inside. I would never say to do that, however it can be done. :cool:

JerseyDad
04-18-2013, 11:05 AM
....they are NOT refrigerators ...they are 'SuperConducter Coolers' (made by Avanti) ....and their use / installation instructions, and manufacturers specifications clearly indicate that they need room to breathe and shouldn't be installed in a cabinet (like I saw last time at POP).
A refrigerator ...has a compressor and refrigerant in the system ...these do not and should not be called by the name 'refrigerator'.

....I give Disney a FAIL grade on that little maneuver.