PDA

View Full Version : Fastpass Enforcement

andypooh
04-11-2013, 10:34 AM
Is it true that they are strictly enforcing the fastpass window on the FP ticket? Is there any leeway? Thanks

faline
04-11-2013, 10:38 AM
That used to be true. More recently, they have moved to strict enforcement of the return times on the fastpass - the only exceptions are likely to be if the ride has broken down during your return window.

Strmchsr
04-11-2013, 11:30 AM
Yep. No leeway at all any longer. I actually missed the time by 3 min in Feb and the CM hesitated but finally let me in because the ride wasn't busy at all, but even 3 min past time was almost an issue.

cer
04-11-2013, 11:47 AM
Yep. No leeway at all any longer. I actually missed the time by 3 min in Feb and the CM hesitated but finally let me in because the ride wasn't busy at all, but even 3 min past time was almost an issue.

Good to know.

kakn7294
04-11-2013, 11:54 AM
Funny though, as strict as they have become, they let a group of our band kids into Expedition Everest about 5 min early on Saturday. We had FPs with the same time as the kids did. We waited until the exact time and went in only to find our kids had entered the line about 5 min before us.

DizneyFreak2002
04-11-2013, 03:19 PM

For 3 minutes? I thought the enforcement times were 5 minutes prior to your time and 15 minutes after? Did they change that again?

MickeysBestPal
04-11-2013, 03:38 PM
For 3 minutes? I thought the enforcement times were 5 minutes prior to your time and 15 minutes after? Did they change that again?

Very, very few CM's will allow that 15 min. "Grace Period."

I've read dozens and dozens of posts on the various WDW fan sites with reports of being denied FP entry outside the printed window times. Period.

(Yes, that ignores the small-type "00:00 GP"
printed on the bottom of each FP.)

PETE FROM NYC
04-11-2013, 04:05 PM
I guess that means that I cannot use a FP from 2011.

MickeysBestPal
04-11-2013, 04:33 PM
I guess that means that I cannot use a FP from 2011.

You can certainly USE it...

(just not as a FastPass.)

;)

WDWdriver
04-12-2013, 10:34 AM
The five minutes before and fifteen minutes after "rule" exists. Those are the limits I use at AK. But like so many Disney CM guidelines these limits are not written anywhere and are applied at the discretion of the attraction managers and CMs. Guests cannot expect these limits to be in effect at all attractions. Technically, you can be denied FP entrance even if only slightly late.

Kenny1113
04-12-2013, 10:40 AM
Agreed. We arrived right at the end time of our FP for soarin'. The CM started like he wasn't going to let us in, until he did a double check of the clock and saw we were OK.

WDWdriver
04-12-2013, 05:20 PM
While we are on this subject, I suppose we should mention FastPass+ which is currently being tested. When FastPass+ is fully implemented the RFID readers at each attraction will determine whether or not the guest's FastPass is valid and within the time window. There will be no built-in grace period as far as we know at this time. So a minute late will be too late. The CMs can override the system, but it requires that we enter a reason for the override. This will be time consuming, and most CMs will be reluctant to do it.