PDA

View Full Version : Snacks-Treats DIG DEEP

cer
04-10-2013, 03:18 PM
Here is a challenge for you.

We are looking to try new and different treats/snacks on our trip in June.

I am looking for things that are off the beaten path. It does not have to be on the dining plan. I know Dole Whip, Cream Cheese Filled Pretzels, hand dipped ice cream cookie sandwiches, caramel corn in Germany, Cinnamon Rolls at Gaston's.

I am looking for things like what is your favorite/unusual cupcake and where? What your favorite treat from the Confectionery? The carrot cake cookie at Writers shoppe would be an example of a snack that not everyone knows about - less popular, but worth trying.

My husband is on the path to try new and fun things (snacky) I just mentioned the cupcake b/c he mentioned a place on the Boardwalk that sells one that has a whole strawberry in the middle.

It can be a resort treat or at Downtown Disney as well as the parks. It can be sweet or savory.

It can be your favorite dessert from somewhere (We are going to Ghiradelli's for the first time - any recommendations, there?)

Please, please help me. He has been asking me to make a list and I know there are things out there I am missing.

Anyway, I am sure you get the idea.

Ready???

GO!!! :mickey:

Cheshire_Girl
04-10-2013, 04:10 PM
Frenchtoast Cup Cake from Baby Cakes at DtD
Best. Cupcake.Ever
They are pricey, but worth it.I was skeptical because they are gluten free (at least I think that's what I read) and usually no gluten means no taste to me...
I dream of these cupcakes...
They are that good.

cer
04-10-2013, 04:24 PM
Frenchtoast Cup Cake from Baby Cakes at DtD
Best. Cupcake.Ever
They are pricey, but worth it.I was skeptical because they are gluten free (at least I think that's what I read) and usually no gluten means no taste to me...
I dream of these cupcakes...
They are that good.

See, this is exactly what I mean. I have never heard of that! It sounds wonderful.

Thank you!

Davy Crockett
04-10-2013, 04:47 PM
Here's one for you

Ghirardelli Soda Fountain & Chocolate Shop - DTD

The Haight Ashberry - Very Berry Sundae
Strawberry cheesecake ice cream topped with sliced strawberries, under a layer of vanilla ice cream with blueberry topping, whipped cream, chocolate-covered blueberries and finished with a homemade, chocolate-dipped waffle roll.

Ummmmm Ummmm Good!

BrerGnat
04-10-2013, 06:43 PM
Dark Chocolate Sea Salt Caramel Square-Karamell Kuche

Chocolate Chip Supreme Cookie-Main Street Confectionery

Nutella/Strawberry/Banana Waffle Sandwich-Sleepy Hollow @ MK

Egg Rolls-Lotus Blossom Cafe China Pavilion

Butterfinger Cheesecake-Seasons Food Court Land Pavilion

Cheesecake Brownie-Boardwalk Bakery

Onion Rings from Flame Tree BBQ-AK

My favorite thing from Ghirardelli is actually a milkshake. It's chocolate, called the Nob Hill or something like that. It's basically a hot fudge sundae you can drink! It's amazingly good!!!

cer
04-10-2013, 08:03 PM
Yes, yes, yes!

A list is forming! :thumbsup:

buzznwoodysmom
04-10-2013, 08:28 PM
Red velvet cupcake with cream cheese icing. We got this at Disney Quest, but I think the exact cupcake is sold at Staring Roll at DHS. It was really, really good.

Honestly, any of the chocolate or caramel items in Germany are to die for.

Both the smores cupcake and the carrot cake cupcake at Wilderness Lodge were good.

Mickey2011
04-10-2013, 09:20 PM
Zebra Domes - BOMA or Mara at AKL

cather74
04-10-2013, 10:05 PM
Jalapeņo cheese
filled pretzel animal kingdom......yum!

TheHD
04-10-2013, 10:27 PM
Red velvet cupcake with cream cheese icing. We got this at Disney Quest, but I think the exact cupcake is sold at Staring Roll at DHS. It was really, really good.

Yes, very good.

These were amazing!!

Jalapeņo cheese
filled pretzel animal kingdom......yum!

I tried this last trip as well, delicious!

It's amazing how much having the DP helped us find so many different places to eat we never knew, or cared, existed.

AgentC
04-10-2013, 11:57 PM
Dark Chocolate Sea Salt Caramel Square-Karamell Kuche

My favorite thing there. They are so yummy. :cloud9:

MississippiDisneyFreak
04-11-2013, 08:56 AM
My favorite and what I used left over credits to bring home last trip are the mega chocolate covered caramel pecan patties at the candy store on Main St....soooo good

AvonleaCF
04-11-2013, 11:39 AM
My favorite (assuming it's still there; haven't been in two years) is the frozen mocha at Writer's Stop at the Studios. I get a couple every trip and like to walk around with it, or sit in a shady place and people watch.

On our last trip, which was in October, my sister's goal was to get as many pumpkin snacks as she could, as that's her favorite. She especially liked the pumpkin fudge at Goofy's in Downtown.

Another goody are the make-your-own-treats at Goofy's.

And I'm all for the chocolate mousse at the French bakery.

Tygger7
04-11-2013, 12:52 PM
Everyone talks about the Dole Whips, but there is another little treasure close by: the Citrus Swirl at the Sunshine Tree Terrace in MK. The orange part is real, frozen orange juice..it's tart and next to the vanilla ice cream, heavenly. I'll also cast a vote for the Nutella & Fruit Waffle...had one for the first time and can't wait to have one again in May!

awaggett
04-11-2013, 01:09 PM
Another vote for Goofy's Candy at DTD. You can make your own caramel apples or dipped pretzels. But my favorite is the gingerbread cookie with chocolate Mickey-ears--yum!

cer
04-11-2013, 01:35 PM
Thank you so much for your responses!

Tygger7 - I had heard about the Citrus Swirl making a comeback but I have never tried it. So excited.

On a side note, I told my husband that I had started this thread and he is so happy to have a "snack quest"!

cer
04-11-2013, 01:37 PM
My favorite (assuming it's still there; haven't been in two years) is the frozen mocha at Writer's Stop at the Studios. I get a couple every trip and like to walk around with it, or sit in a shady place and people watch.

On our last trip, which was in October, my sister's goal was to get as many pumpkin snacks as she could, as that's her favorite. She especially liked the pumpkin fudge at Goofy's in Downtown.

Another goody are the make-your-own-treats at Goofy's.

And I'm all for the chocolate mousse at the French bakery.

The only sweet treat I have tried at the French bakery is the Napoleon - last time we had it we were less impressed. I need to try the chocolate mousse!

cer
04-11-2013, 01:42 PM
I heard that at the Boardwalk there is a kiosk that sells Fried Ice Cream. Can anyone confirm this? We love fried ice cream and I am surprised that I have never heard anyone mention it here which makes me think maybe it isn't good or isn't actually there. :confused:

cer
04-11-2013, 01:52 PM

Welcome to Intercot!

Glad you are here!

:rocks:

vamaggie
04-11-2013, 01:52 PM
Yes, yes, yes!

A list is forming! :thumbsup:

Maybe we could get the Mods to sticky this or add a "super secret Snack List" to info central?

badkitty
04-11-2013, 05:41 PM
Many of my favorites have been said but I didn't see this one mentioned yet:

Carrot cake cookies at The Writer's Shop. Yum!!

Dawn,DeniseandDiane
04-11-2013, 09:58 PM
Diane's favorite: Coconut Puff Cake in France. Cross between angel food cake and a melt away sponge cake. They are HUGE!(You can go there at 9am too! It is not roped off. That was a great tip from a special cast member. They redid the bakery and have more options and way more seating.)
Dawn's favorite: She loves to go to China and get her favorite Jasmine Iced Tea to go!
Denise's favorite: When we go in December, we love to go to the Poly. At the bar upstairs, you can order Christmas Cookies with your drinks or hot chocolate! Yummy!

Dawn,Denise&Diane:wave::wave::wave:

Katzateer
04-12-2013, 08:38 AM
Maybe we could get the Mods to sticky this or add a "super secret Snack List" to info central?

:thumbsup: We ought to make a "Snack around the Word" passport and see how any interesting foods we can sample.

These snacks sound great!

Another I can add- not really a snack but we used to go to Kona's for a treat right before they closed. 5 different desserts for 5 of us and sample them all. The girls loved to do this sharing dessert party.:cloud9:

Katzateer
04-12-2013, 11:48 AM
One new item I want to try is the school bread in Norway. Looks and sounds yummy!:thumbsup:

PopPhan
04-12-2013, 12:41 PM
Here's one for you

Ghirardelli Soda Fountain & Chocolate Shop - DTD

The Haight Ashberry - Very Berry Sundae
Strawberry cheesecake ice cream topped with sliced strawberries, under a layer of vanilla ice cream with blueberry topping, whipped cream, chocolate-covered blueberries and finished with a homemade, chocolate-dipped waffle roll.

Ummmmm Ummmm Good!

That sounds too good to be true! I'm going to have to make a special trip to DTD to try this one out on my next visit!

Sylvia
04-12-2013, 06:42 PM
A few favorites (some already mentioned):

Norway -
Sweet pretzel with almond slivers - my favorite take-back-to-the-room treat. This is delicious.
School bread

France - Chocolate Mousse

Ghirardelli - Sundae - Raspberry Ice Cream with Chocolate sauce

Goofy's Candy Company - Design your own treat - marshmallows with chocolate sauce, nuts, jimmies (and/or other coatings of your choice). Unless they've changed, you get a bonus; they use a Mickey staw as the skewer for the marshmallows.

Dole Whip and a fresh juicy pineapple spear - great on a warm day as a nice treat or a light lunch.

Anyway in the World - Mickey Bar

MrPeetrie
04-12-2013, 06:48 PM
Beignets at Port Orleans French Quarter. They make them fresh to order.

Apple Charlotte at Main Street Bakery.

beksy
04-13-2013, 06:11 PM
I hadn't seen anything about the fried ice cream...is this available and where is it?

I really enjoy the cupcakes at Starring Rolls in DHS. Last time I had the Butterfinger cupcake and it was wonderful.

Mitzie
04-15-2013, 09:36 AM
We tried this roll at the new bakery in France about a week ago..looked like a cheese danish, but it had garlic in it..very good. Also noted though that they had a ham and cheese on croissant that could be had with a snack credit. We thought that was a very good use of a snack credit.

Pop Centurion
04-15-2013, 12:44 PM
Caramel Aplle Cookie @ Karamell Kuche
Pineapple Rum Cream Cheese Cupcake @ Contempo Cafe
Guava Cream Cheese Cupcake @ Sunshine Season's
Brownie Frosting Sandwich @ Earl of Sandwich
Paw Print Brownie @ Kusafiri Bakery
Gelato Cookie Sandwich @ the Italy Pavilion in Epcot
Strawberry Shortcake Sundae @ Storybook Treats

I heard there's a new Chocolate Beer cupcake at captain Cooks that supposed to be pretty good.

SBETigg
04-15-2013, 12:52 PM
King Cupcake at Pop Century resort- chocolate cake, filled with banana custard, topped with peanut butter frosting and candied bacon.

Pina Colada Cupcake at Grand Floridian's Gasparilla Grill. They also have a PB and J cupcake at Captain Cook's at the Poly.

There's a Disney food website that offers a cupcake guide to WDW. I have it on my Pinterest page. But I find that it can be inconsistent as far as what cupcakes they have in stock at certain locations (but generally accurate).

I also love the lemon tart in France's new bakery, Les Halles. And the crepes from the crepe stand in France, with chocolate or strawberry sauce and ice cream.

vamaggie
04-16-2013, 05:26 PM
King Cupcake at Pop Century resort- chocolate cake, filled with banana custard, topped with peanut butter frosting and candied bacon.

Pina Colada Cupcake at Grand Floridian's Gasparilla Grill. They also have a PB and J cupcake at Captain Cook's at the Poly.

There's a Disney food website that offers a cupcake guide to WDW. I have it on my Pinterest page. But I find that it can be inconsistent as far as what cupcakes they have in stock at certain locations (but generally accurate).

I also love the lemon tart in France's new bakery, Les Halles. And the crepes from the crepe stand in France, with chocolate or strawberry sauce and ice cream.

OMG!!! My son is gonna freak when he hears about the King Cupcake!!! All his favorites in one!!! My list of must do snacks is growing and growing!

cer
05-30-2013, 04:02 PM
Ok, my trip is getting closer....just wondering if anyone had anything they would like to add!

IamBelle
05-30-2013, 05:55 PM
At Ghirardelli, I heard very good things about the Sea salt caramel hot chocolate. I also heard the drinking chocolate there is amazing, they market it as a drink that tastes like a melted ghirardelli chocolate bar! Both are definite must-trys when I go back in August (sure its a little hot for a warm drink, but the ac in Florida sometimes is soo cold!)
For other less-known snacks, I really like:
MK: The chicken and waffle sandwich at Sleepy Hollow---it can be a meal on its own or a snack if you split it with someone else.

DHS:I don't know if you know about this but Starring Rolls has amazing huge cupcakes. My favorite is the butterfinger cupcake, but I also heard the chocolate peanut butter one is delicious!

AK:White-chocolate elephant cupcake at Kusafari Bakery...it is like two snacks, a cupcake and a chocolate elephant lollipop!!

EPCOT:So many good snacks in Epcot! One of my favorite things are the little candies sold in the Mexico pavillion in the marketplace near San Angel Inn. In the past two years, they have had different snacks. My favorites are the marzipan (which was made with peanuts) and the obleas (which are thin wafer sandwiches with a gooey caramel in the middle).

Sylvia
05-30-2013, 10:57 PM
This is a great thread. We usually have the same treats on every trip, but thanks to so many terrific sounding suggestions, we'll branch out on our next trip.

So, now besides making a list of TS and CS locations, we'll make a second list of treats we want to try and where they can be found. Normally, I always have the tie-dyed cheesecake at POP, but next trip, it'll be the King Cupcake.

Thanks for all of the great ideas.

TheDuckRocks
05-31-2013, 03:01 PM
My favorite - The Cappuccino Cupcake at Pizza Planet in the Studios. And I hate, hate, hate coffee.