PDA

View Full Version : Nascar Experiences

mickeys_princess
04-09-2013, 07:26 PM
Not sure if im in the right category :fingers: but can anyone give me any info on the nascar experiences? Was it worth it? What all was included? About how long does it take? Thanks!! :mickey:

Pastcastmemberdaughter
04-09-2013, 08:35 PM
I have not done the Petty Ride Along in Disney but I have done it in Charlotte, NC @ Lowes Motor Speedway twice.

From what we did at Charlotte it is worth it. My husband and I both really enjoyed it, and if you're a Nascar fan I don't see how you couldn't enjoy it. If you just doing the ride along it doesn't take that long. You get sized with a fire suit and helmet and then it depend on how many people are in front of you to depend on time. It's just a couple of laps but it definatly give you a feel for the car/track. Lots of fun and good memories.

If you do the driving, which I haven't done, expect to take longer. They make you take a how to/safety class from what I understand. That can take some time, but you also get to drive and you can do more laps then the ride along.

Hope this helps

Pastcastmemberdaughter
04-09-2013, 08:37 PM
BTW also at Charolotte they gave us full access to the garage area so we got to snoop around there.

Main Street Jim
04-09-2013, 09:05 PM
Not sure if im in the right category :fingers: but can anyone give me any info on the nascar experiences? Was it worth it? What all was included? About how long does it take? Thanks!! :mickey:Hope the link is OK, as the RPDE is an *official* Walt Disney World partner:

http://www.drivepetty.com/race-tracks/orlando-walt-disney-world-speedway

All of the experiences are listed here :)

"How long does it take?" That depends on the experience you want; on any of the experiences, I'd plan on being there all day. Just a ride-along is only three laps, but you have a bit of classroom time going over safety and stuff like that. The Rookie Experience is 8 laps of *you* driving the race car, following an instructor, on the race track. The highest level is the Racing Experience, 50 laps in five ten-lap segments, a three-lap "qualifying run" with an instructor, and receiving instructions over the two-way radio while driving the car.

The Walt Disney World Speedway is unique in that it actually has five distinct turns in a "quasi-oval" with high banked turns and a distinct "dogleg" on the back straightaway (Google-map it to see the shape!).

I still know a few people that work there at RPDE :thumbsup:

faline
04-17-2013, 08:37 PM
My husband and son-in-law did the 8 lap experience a while back. It took about 1/2 day. They got up early and headed off to the track and got back in time for us to go to lunch together.

They both enjoyed it very much and were glad they had done it.

streets of paris
05-20-2013, 02:02 PM
i did the 8 lap driving experience and LOVED it!

it started early in the AM (8 i think) and i was done by lunch. only a couple of students were on the track at the same time but we were all complete by around 11 i think

the ride-along participants were in and out pretty fast - under an hour i'd say

this is a MUST for any NASCAR fan!