PDA

View Full Version : Toiletries in staterooms.

wdwnutz
04-08-2013, 10:34 PM
What toiletries are included in the staterooms on the Dream? Shampoo, conditioner, bath soap, hair dryer, etc? This is our very first cruise ever, so I'm trying to figure out exactly what we need to pack. Thanks!

sara114
04-09-2013, 06:18 AM
The last time I cruised there were small bottles of shampoo, conditioner,body lotion and bar soap available in the bathroom. There was a blow dryer (found it in the vanity area). I never pack these items anymore. I do not require a certain brand and have found the H2O brand Disney supplies to be fine.

DizneyRox
04-09-2013, 07:27 AM
Yep, all provided, although depending on party size it may not enough. Not sure if they are supposed to provide more on request. I've found that sometimes they fill in any used items daily, sometimes not.

I always bring my own just in case...

Ed
04-09-2013, 07:44 AM
Your stateroom host/hostess will provide additional toiletries on request. And they replenish the supply every morning when they make up the room.

BrerGnat
04-09-2013, 08:33 AM
FYI, the hairdryer is awful. It blows very weakly. If your hair is long or thick, bring your own. You will have to plug it in at the desk in the room, as the outlets in the bathrooms are only to be used for electric shavers (they are a very low current).

The bath products on the Cruise Line are H20 Plus SPA, which is, IMO, the best H2O Plus line out there. They use the Sea Marine Shampoo/Conditioner and the Sea Salt Body Wash and face soap bar. :thumbsup:

Ed
04-09-2013, 09:19 AM
FYI, the hairdryer is awful. It blows very weakly. If your hair is long or thick, bring your own. You will have to plug it in at the desk in the room, as the outlets in the bathrooms are only to be used for electric shavers (they are a very low current).

Nat, are you sure you plugged it into the correct outlet? The hair dryers are 220 volt models, and if they are plugged into a 110 volt outlet, they will run but not very well. They will only put out about half the heat and air flow they are designed for. On Dream, there is one round outlet labeled for use with the hair dryer. On Fantasy, the outlet was not marked. :shrug:

The problem is that the hair dryer's prongs will fit in the regular 110 volt outlets. I can't help but wonder why they didn't equip the ships with standard US-style outlets and a plain 110 volt hair dryer. :confused:

marlyn
04-09-2013, 11:39 PM
I agree with Natalie. The hair dryer was very weak. I tried both outlets at desk. Both weak.
The H2O products are awesome! Love them!!

BrerGnat
04-10-2013, 08:53 AM
Nat, are you sure you plugged it into the correct outlet? The hair dryers are 220 volt models, and if they are plugged into a 110 volt outlet, they will run but not very well. They will only put out about half the heat and air flow they are designed for. On Dream, there is one round outlet labeled for use with the hair dryer. On Fantasy, the outlet was not marked. :shrug:

The problem is that the hair dryer's prongs will fit in the regular 110 volt outlets. I can't help but wonder why they didn't equip the ships with standard US-style outlets and a plain 110 volt hair dryer. :confused:

Ed, hair dryers vary by brand. You can have 5 different 220V hair dryers and they will all blow at a different intensity and have differing heat levels. Many of us ladies have difficult hair to dry, for whatever reason. My issue is my hair is VERY thick so I need a hair dryer that can blow hard enough to basically puff out my cheeks if I point it at my open mouth. ;) I have never been impressed by a hairdryer that is provided in a hotel room. I ALWAYS have to bring my own with me.

wdwnutz
04-11-2013, 08:38 PM
Thank you everyone! Are h2o products used at the deluxe resorts? I think that is what we had at the Poly....if so, loved them! Are the hair dryers similar to those used in Pop?

BrerGnat
04-12-2013, 09:12 AM
Thank you everyone! Are h2o products used at the deluxe resorts? I think that is what we had at the Poly....if so, loved them! Are the hair dryers similar to those used in Pop?

The WDW resorts use H2O Plus Aquatics line. It's okay, but the Spa line of Sea Marine stuff is FABULOUS! The only two Disney resorts that use the Spa line are the Grand Floridian and Grand Californian at DLR.

The hair dryers are a regular brand (I want to say they are Conair) and they come in a bag. It's a full sized hairdryer, but it just doesn't work that well for my hair. I use a super powerful ion exchange hair dryer that would probably rocket around the room if I turned it on and let it go. :D

Christine
05-03-2013, 09:30 AM
I never use the hairdryer in the stateroom. I go to deck 10 after my shower and have a cocktail. By the time I'm done, my hair is dry and I go downstairs and finish getting ready for the show and dinner ! :cloud9::marg: