PDA

View Full Version : Can you add a hopper to only a couple days of a package?

RaLiErBe
04-08-2013, 08:38 AM
After seeing the hopper thread from March I am wondering if we should add the hopper. We are 36 days out (yay!) so I don't know if that would mean we would be charged $50 for a change. Also, I have things planned out pretty well and know that we would only have the chance to hop on two of the 5 days. So...can the hopper be purchased for only 2 days? What about the fee for a change, will it apply since it is an addition?

buzznwoodysmom
04-08-2013, 08:52 AM
If you add the hopper you must pay full price based on the number of days originally on your ticket. Even if you wait till there is only one day left on the ticket, you will still be charged full price.

You shouldn't be charged any fees toward your package. The best way I have found to add hopper or add days to a ticket is to do it after check in. In the past you could add days or hopper at the front desk of the resorts, a far as I know this is still an option, although I haven't done it in quite a while. You can also have it added at the parks.

KarenP
04-08-2013, 03:01 PM
The park hopping option is a flat rate of $60.71 for 2 days or more.

buzznwoodysmom
04-08-2013, 03:49 PM
The park hopping option is a flat rate of $60.71 for 2 days or more.

That is good to know. I thought there was now a flat rate for the hopper but wasn't sure. We have used the military salute tickets since 2009, so I am a bit out of touch with regular ticket pricing. I did know that you couldn't just add it for one or two days at a reduced rate.

RaLiErBe
04-08-2013, 04:24 PM
Thanks everyone, that is helpful. Even though I would like the flexiblity of hopping it is not worth $240+ for our family to "maybe" park hop on a day or two. The pricing info was especially helpful - thanks Karen.

MOJoe
04-08-2013, 06:03 PM
I had the opportunity to visit WDW for 1 day last month. My wife and i wanted to visit 2 parks that day. So i found the price for park hopping added $35 + tax to the price of my 1 day ticket. Not sure that qualifies as a discount, but i was happy not to pay the $57. :blush:

Aurora
04-08-2013, 07:15 PM
I had the opportunity to visit WDW for 1 day last month. My wife and i wanted to visit 2 parks that day. So i found the price for park hopping added $35 + tax to the price of my 1 day ticket. Not sure that qualifies as a discount, but i was happy not to pay the $57. :blush:

The $35 amount applies ONLY to a one-day ticket. All tickets that are two days and over are charged the $57 plus tax for hopping.

MOJoe
04-09-2013, 10:13 AM
The $35 amount applies ONLY to a one-day ticket. All tickets that are two days and over are charged the $57 plus tax for hopping.

Exactly. And since i always hop, but have never bought a one day ticket, i was pleasantly surprised by the savings.

Wait a minute. Wow. I can't believe i just wrote "pleasantly surprised by the savings" while referring to a Disney Park Ticket. :blush:

CleveRocks
04-29-2013, 11:29 PM
You can add the park hopper option to your ticket during your stay. You don't need to decide in advance. Adding the park hopper option to your ticket during your trip will cost you EXCATLY the same as if you originally bought the ticket with the park hopper option.

So you risk nothing by buying the base ticket. During your trip, if you decide it will be worth the money to add the park hopper, you can go ahead and do it, there's no penalty for adding it after your ticket is partially used.