PDA

View Full Version : Le Cellier Pricing

LodgeMan
04-07-2013, 08:29 AM
There are no longer separate lunch and dinner menus at Le Cellier. There is one menu from noon to 9 pm. That mid $20 filet mignon at lunch in the past is now a mid $40 selection all the time. We were surprised at the pricing. Food is good, but it is hard to justify those prices for lunch.

DizneyRox
04-07-2013, 11:10 AM
It's been like this for a while, probably close to a year now.

LodgeMan
04-07-2013, 04:42 PM
It was separate pricing when we had lunch in late July 2012.

Davy Crockett
04-07-2013, 08:36 PM
Just confirmed one menu for Lunch & Dinner. Same portion size and same price.

DizneyRox
04-08-2013, 07:05 AM
Here's the thread started back in July 2012 about this change.

http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=192911

Guess we've just been talking about it for close to a year. I haven't been for years, when I was last at LeCellier, I thought it was no better than your local Outback Steakhouse. No way lunch was worth as much as dinner. Dinner wasn't a 2TS meal, never mind lunch. Lots suspected it would get better as a 2TS location, some of us knew better.

It's now off the list for many people, seems people expect more from a Signature location.

Maleficent's Dad
04-08-2013, 05:24 PM
Le Cellier has now, in many folks' opinions, overpriced itself. Proof is in the pudding. Ressies here were once like the golden ticket. Nowadays, it's not that difficult to snag a dinner reservation a few weeks out - and lunch is even easier with their pricing!

Someone was trying to be too greedy on this one.

TinkerbellT421
04-08-2013, 05:32 PM
Haven't eaten there in probably 5 years now. Don't think we will be going back any time soon. Not worth it.

DVC2004
04-08-2013, 05:48 PM
We don't go there anymore either. Honestly the first time we went we didn't feel anything was that special that we wanted to come back. I really disliked the atmosphere more than anything. The tables were so close. I don't think I would go for a $40 steak fo lunch with so many other amazing options at the WS.

mom2morgan
04-08-2013, 10:13 PM
LOVED lunch there in September - don't know I can go back with the new pricing.

azcavalier
04-09-2013, 09:15 AM
We are going to give it a try for dinner on our trip in a few weeks. We haven't been there for a few years, so we have no idea if it is worthy of being called a "Signature" meal or not. We've eaten at Cali Grill and Brown Derby...we'll see where this one fits.

Donald Duck
04-09-2013, 12:29 PM
We have been there a few times before it became a 2TS restaurant. Dinner was good but not great. Would not go back with the new pricing.

I wouldn't waste that much money for a steak in WDW. Not when I can go to Peter Lugers in NY and get steak for 2 for about the same price.

:mickey:

Donald Duck