PDA

View Full Version : Honeymooning in WDW

Alexia
04-05-2013, 05:09 PM
My fiance and I will be honeymooning in WDW this November. We are excited and ready to have lots of fun, but also are on a slightly flexible budget. Any tips and suggestions? Does WDW have any special honeymoon offers/discounts/amenities?

faline
04-05-2013, 06:45 PM
Congrats to you both!

There are not special discounts for honeymooners but there are often discounts. I'd suggest contacting Magical Journeys (http://yourmagicaljourneys.com/)to help with your accommodations. They not only get the best price possible for you but they will continue to monitor your reservation and will apply additional discounts, if and when, they become available.

Be sure you note your special celebration on all your reservations - accommodations and dining - you never know when a little special magic will come your way.

Get the "just married" buttons when you arrive at Disney and wear them - they might also help you get some special magic along the way.

WhiteRose1
04-06-2013, 12:09 PM
you probably already checked out this site, but if not...

http://disneyweddings.disney.go.com/

it's the honeymoon/wedding Disney site, not sure how much info is on it, but I remember when I planned our WDW honeymoon, I was looking at everything!

Advice:

Get the 'just married' pins from guest services

Get the bride and groom hats and wear them at least once per park.

Note on your hotel and ALL restaurant reservations that it is your honeymoon.

Book Cinderella's Royal Table for a meal. Yes I know this might not make sense cause you think it will be full of kids...but it's an awesome experience.

if you can splurge....
Go deluxe.

If you like tours, big meals, maybe even room service, plan on (or want to do) a fireworks cruise, cirque, eating at premium resturants, and do not mind paying up front for the privledge, try the platinum plan. We eat at Victoria and Alberts every 5 years on our anniversary! For our honeymoon and every 5 years after, we pet dolphins, ride segways, and do all kinds of fun stuff on the WDW tours, all included.

We get room service breakfast almost every day and paid for it in advance (by getting the platinum plan) so we did not have to worry about a food bill.

...ok..we did go bit nuts on our honeymoon, but our foodbill would have been more than what we paid for the trip...but since we were on the platinum plan, we paid $0! (now you need to pay the tip, but back 10 years ago that was not the case.)

I only plan on getting married once...and only have one honeymoon..so we saved and spurged and had an amazing experience that was truly magical and romantic.

Oviously you do not have to splurge to have a magical time...just giving suggestions!

Congrats and HAVE FUN!!

brivers222
04-11-2013, 12:23 PM
Congrats!!! We had our engagement celebration, honeymoon and this november we are celebrating our 2 year anniversary with the mouse!

Talk to Debbie at Magical Journeys... she will make your occasion oh so very special!!

Here is my trip report (rather long, but i have heard it was a good read... all 13 pages haha) http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=188477

I apologize that you kinda have to read from end to beginning...

Defintely get the JUST MARRIED pins, you will get oodles of attention from EVERYONE!

Not sure when they start the Carriage rides through the camp grounds (our honeymoon was in december) but that is a MUST!

Dining at California grill or narcoosee's during fireworks is a special treat.

Dulcee
04-11-2013, 12:52 PM
Congrats! We did our honeymoon in December 2012 at WDW and had a blast!

Some thoughts...

Book a spa experience. We did a couples massage and it was one of the highlights of the trip. After the crazyness of wedding planning and the wedding itself it was a welcome treat.

Splurge on nice meals! Again a highlight of our trip. Our favorites: Jiko and California Grill, both really went out of there way for us.

Wear the ears (as long as you don't mind the attention you'll gather)

Sometimes its not all about go-go-go. Some of our favorite moments from the trip were ones where we really slowed down like:

taking the boat launch to our dinner reservation at Artist Point

Deciding after our meal to spend the rest of the evening with another glass of wine and our window seat instead of rushing into a park

Spending a warm afternoon in the hot tub of our resort instead of fighting crowds

MyDisneyworld
04-12-2013, 06:01 PM
Congrats...

We had our honeymoon at Disneyworld 13 years ago and have been going back 1-2 times a year ever sense. It is great to now see our kids enjoy it as much as we do.

On our honeymoon we ate 3 large meals a day and learned quickly that we were spending all our money and time at resturants. Now we just eat 2 meals and just snack along the way. Sometimes we split a meal so we can try some more wonderful snacks. Also just slow down, sit and relax. Some great memories are just sitting on a nice bench, talking and people watching. Enjoy the resort pool.

Have a magical wedding and honeymoon.

PirateLover
04-12-2013, 08:32 PM
We honeymooned in 2010. Definitely look into the honeymoon registry. It's neat, because you "register" for different experiences, but you aren't glued to it. They money just gets placed on a special gift card that you can use on anything you choose. I agree with splurging a bit to stay deluxe, if you can. We booked a honeymoon room at the Wilderness Lodge for 4 days, 3 nights before heading on to Universal Studios and then West Palm Beach. We got the surprise of our lives when we were upgraded to the "Yosemite Suite" which is WL's vice-presidential suite.

We didn't wear the ears-we actually pre-purchased them and wore them for some pictures at our wedding reception, but we didn't want to pack them (DH got the traditional Top Hat version that they don't seem to sell in the parks anymore) and we certainly didn't want to purchase another set. We made out just fine with the buttons. Congratulations and good luck!