PDA

View Full Version : Dole Whip Heresy

PlutoPlanet
04-05-2013, 12:50 PM
I'm a devout Dole Whip fan, but I came across a Pineapple frozen yogurt that tastes just about as good as Dole Whip. I imagine the froyo is healthier than Dole Whip too. Has anyone else found a substitute for what may be the most popular dessert in WDW?

SBETigg
04-05-2013, 01:17 PM
I was talking about this in another thread and BrerGnat pointed out that it is actually Dole Whip at the Fro-yo places. Lactose free. Dole Whip is really not so bad for you.

BrerGnat
04-05-2013, 02:54 PM
Yep, it probably IS Dole Whip. It has been popping up at Frozen Yogurt places around the country.

Note: it is NOT yogurt. It is lactose (dairy) free though.

According to the nutritional info, it is one of the healthier options, at just 25 calories per ounce!

Kenny1113
04-05-2013, 02:58 PM
Wow!!! Where are these at??? Is it at a specific chain? I would love that!!!

I had a grapefruit one at a fro-yo place near me. At first it was good, but after a while it just tasted like sour yogurt :(

SBETigg
04-05-2013, 03:08 PM
Wow!!! Where are these at??? Is it at a specific chain? I would love that!!!

I had a grapefruit one at a fro-yo place near me. At first it was good, but after a while it just tasted like sour yogurt :(

I've had it at Peachwave and TCBY.

Melanie
04-05-2013, 03:47 PM
The one local to Natalie and I is Orange Leaf. Yum! :papple:

BrerGnat
04-05-2013, 05:21 PM

Going back for the second time this week in just a few minutes.

I'm kind of addicted...:papple::cloud9:

Melanie
04-05-2013, 05:56 PM

Be warned! I just saw a post on FB that it's swarmed with Marsteller kids right now. :eek:

Kenny1113
04-05-2013, 09:32 PM
Thanks for the replies. We don't have peach tree or orange leaf here. Most of the TCBYs have closed :( hopefully I can find at least one!

vamaggie
04-06-2013, 08:44 AM

Where?!?!?! Where!?!?!? I'm in No Va too and don't know Orange Leaf.

BrerGnat
04-06-2013, 09:12 AM
Where?!?!?! Where!?!?!? I'm in No Va too and don't know Orange Leaf.

There's only one so far in VA. You can find its location by going to Orange Leaf's website.

BrerGnat
04-06-2013, 09:13 AM
Thanks for the replies. We don't have peach tree or orange leaf here. Most of the TCBYs have closed :( hopefully I can find at least one!

You live in South FL? There are several Orange Leaf locations in Florida, including south FL. Check their website to see if there are any near you.

vamaggie
04-06-2013, 09:26 AM
There's only one so far in VA. You can find its location by going to Orange Leaf's website.

Thanks!! Just did and it's not too far but not really close :( Will have to try it when sports send us that way.

Kenny1113
04-06-2013, 11:45 AM
You live in South FL? There are several Orange Leaf locations in Florida, including south FL. Check their website to see if there are any near you.

Thanks closest is in Boca, that's about an hour and a half away. But I saw there is one in Naples, we will be there next month!

SBETigg
04-06-2013, 12:00 PM
Frozen yogurt places are springing up all over the place around here lately. We have Peachwave and Pinkberry (both have FL locations but maybe not near you) and TCBY. I thought all of the TCBYs had closed, but frozen yogurt is experiencing a new wave of popularity and new ones are opening all the time. If you don't have one near you now, I wouldn't be surprised if you do soon.

Kenny1113
04-06-2013, 12:33 PM
We have a pink berry (very close to me). that's where I got the grapefruit one. They have a pineapple /dole whip yogurt now??? :)

SBETigg
04-06-2013, 12:54 PM
We have a pink berry (very close to me). that's where I got the grapefruit one. They have a pineapple /dole whip yogurt now??? :)

They rotate flavors out regularly. I'm not sure if they do or don't, but it's possible. You could always call ahead and check what their flavors are. I don't frequent Pinkberry, so can't be sure on that one.

Melanie
04-06-2013, 01:19 PM
Thanks!! Just did and it's not too far but not really close :( Will have to try it when sports send us that way.

It's about a mile from my house! YUM!

BrerGnat
04-06-2013, 01:52 PM

Uh, more like 2.5 miles. I wish it was a mile. I'd just walk there. ;)

We do plan to bike there when it gets warmer out!

Melanie
04-06-2013, 01:55 PM
:ack:

Yeah, yeah. Straight shot I bet it's a mile. Who needs roads? ;)

BrerGnat
04-06-2013, 01:56 PM
Frozen yogurt places are springing up all over the place around here lately. We have Peachwave and Pinkberry (both have FL locations but maybe not near you) and TCBY. I thought all of the TCBYs had closed, but frozen yogurt is experiencing a new wave of popularity and new ones are opening all the time. If you don't have one near you now, I wouldn't be surprised if you do soon.

SO true Sherri! We already had a few places locally and this new one just opened, and there are TWO more set up to open in the coming months in our little town. It's kind of overkill, honestly. I mean, how many frozen yogurt places can the economy support anyway. ;)

But, I'm not complaining! This new one is the first one in this area to have the Dole Pineapple, so I'm doing a happy dance about it.

To everyone else, the easiest way to find out if they have the Pineapple is to look at any given yogurt place's flavor list/nutritional informtion online. If it's Dole Whip, it will be listed as "Dole Pineapple, Lactose Free."

BrerGnat
04-06-2013, 01:58 PM

No, according to Pinkberry's nutritional booklet, they do NOT carry the Dole Pineapple.

SBETigg
04-06-2013, 02:25 PM
No, according to Pinkberry's nutritional booklet, they do NOT carry the Dole Pineapple.

Bummer. No reason to go a little out of my way for Pinkberry then. I'll stick to the other closer places. Thanks for checking, Natalie.

Kenny1113
04-06-2013, 11:35 PM
:
They rotate flavors out regularly. I'm not sure if they do or don't, but it's possible. You could always call ahead and check what their flavors are. I don't frequent Pinkberry, so can't be sure on that one.

:blush: sorry I thought in the previous post you were listing pinkberry as a location that carried it. My mistake.

Kenny1113
04-06-2013, 11:36 PM

Thanks for checking.

SBETigg
04-07-2013, 01:03 AM
:

:blush: sorry I thought in the previous post you were listing pinkberry as a location that carried it. My mistake.

I can understand the confusion, my mistake. I assumed they did, and then rethought and Natalie actually checked.

CuteAsMinnie
04-07-2013, 11:57 AM
In our town in the Chicago metro area, we have one ice cream shop, two frozen yogurt shops and a TCBY opening directly across from one of them all in our downtown area and all walkable within 5 blocks of each other! :confused:

One does have a lactose free pineapple flavor and it is a close-enough substitute for a treat.:mickey:

vamaggie
04-07-2013, 12:08 PM

Making me jealous!!! Think I need to go to Sweet Frog today and see if they have any Dole like flavors for summer.

PlutoPlanet
04-08-2013, 12:13 PM

Yes, the place we go to is Orange Leaf.

PlutoPlanet
04-08-2013, 12:17 PM
I see what you mean. the Orange Leaf site does call it Dole Pineapple.