PDA

View Full Version : No expiration tickets on request?

Aurora
04-04-2013, 08:59 PM
Has anyone tried to purchase non-expiring tickets recently? I know when news first came out that the no-expiration option had been removed from Disney's site and ticket signs, that you could still get it on request "as long as tickets were still available."

Does anyone know if this is an option, or has "no expiration" expired for good?

MickeysBestPal
04-04-2013, 10:34 PM
Has anyone tried to purchase non-expiring tickets recently? I know when news first came out that the no-expiration option had been removed from Disney's site and ticket signs, that you could still get it on request "as long as tickets were still available."

Does anyone know if this is an option, or has "no expiration" expired for good?

Nothing at all has changed with non-expiring tickets.
They are still available, and work the same way as always.
You can purchase them by calling Disney World, if you like, or buy them at the ticket booths, Guest Relations, and resort concierge desks at WDW.

Davy Crockett
04-05-2013, 01:28 PM
I just logged on to Disney and mocked up a vacation package utilizing the summer travel discount and in the ticket option section all normal options appeared and can be chosen - Park Hopper, Water Park Fun & More and No Expiration.

All looks Normal!

Aurora
04-05-2013, 01:45 PM
Great! It was taken off the web for awhile and I hadn't checked! Thanks!

PAYROLL PRINCESS
04-07-2013, 09:10 PM
I just went on the website and couldn't add the non-expiring option and this is what it said:

Select the Number of Days

Each ticket provides access to one theme park per day. All ticket days must be used within 14 days of first use.

To purchase tickets that never expire, call (407) 939-7679†.

Davy Crockett
04-07-2013, 09:42 PM
I don't know why you're getting that response...
I just did exactly as I previously did on 4-5 (10 day ticket, PH, WPF&M, no expiration option as well) it gave me the ridiculous no expiration add-on price, but it allows me to purchase if I want to.
If I could I'd embed a print screen as proof.
This is interesting........:confused:

Aurora
04-08-2013, 05:53 PM
I just now looked for tickets only, and it had the "no expiration" option.

Goofy4TheWorld
04-09-2013, 08:15 AM
I think the reason some people get the option and some people do not is that you are using different browsers to access the Internet.

As stupid as that sounds, I think Disney supports only IE for the "new" Disney website (which does not have the no-expiration option) but is directing most other browsers (Firefox, Chrome, etc) to the old site, which does have the no-expiration option.

But that is just my understanding of what was going on....based on what a bus driver told me :mickey:

mechanic
04-09-2013, 03:34 PM
The bus drivers are always in the loop.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
04-12-2013, 11:04 PM
I think I figured out why people are getting two different results. I was going to PARKS AND DESTINATIONS, and that does not have the non-expiration feature. However, if you select PRICE YOUR VACATION, then click tickets only, that gives you the non-expiring options. I knew I had gotten the non-expiring option after everyone said it had gone away, but then I couldn't find it again.
And this was using Firefox and IE.

Mrs Bus Driver
04-13-2013, 10:33 AM
As much as I like firefox many times I have to use internet explorer. You will find many websites are setup for IE and will have problems with other browsers. So I have IE on my computer for just those times. Hope this helps. :mickey:

Aurora
04-13-2013, 01:56 PM
I think I figured out why people are getting two different results. I was going to PARKS AND DESTINATIONS, and that does not have the non-expiration feature. However, if you select PRICE YOUR VACATION, then click tickets only, that gives you the non-expiring options. I knew I had gotten the non-expiring option after everyone said it had gone away, but then I couldn't find it again.
And this was using Firefox and IE.

That's it! Weird that they have two different menus on different spots, but I saw the same thing you did. Maybe that's why I thought the non-expiring tickets were removed in the first place. They may always have been there on the one menu.

Even "curiouser," I only get text, no photos or graphics, when browsing in Safari on the Disneyworld.com site. But it looks fine with Firefox. Ah, Disney computer logic!