PDA

View Full Version : Can Someone tell me what's wrong with me?

NJGIRL
04-04-2013, 08:06 PM
I am sitting here watching Twister on TV for probably the 100th time. I don't know why but I just love that movie. It's not a work of art....I'm not a HUGE Helen Hunt or Bill Paxton fan......I dislike disaster movies.....I don't live in a tornado zone......the ending is terrible...but I will watch it every time it's on TV, I just love the movie. :blush:

It defies logic. I even have the DVD just in case it hasn't been on TV recently. And I do watch the DVD too.:D

joonyer
04-04-2013, 08:37 PM
Are you a weather freak? Do you like to watch storms, close up? Wanna be a stormchaser?

NJGIRL
04-04-2013, 08:43 PM
Are you a weather freak? Do you like to watch storms, close up? Wanna be a stormchaser?

No, I never watch the weather unless we have something planned to do outside. I am an indoor person. I can't explain it. I have seen it so many times I can quote most of the movie.

BTW it is being played back to back and I am watching it again as I type

"Dusty we have debris"

greengeen
04-04-2013, 08:51 PM
And now it's starting over again... and I'm still watching! Only seen it six or seven times. It's just an interesting movie I guess.

NJGIRL
04-04-2013, 08:55 PM
And now it's starting over again... and I'm still watching! Only seen it six or seven times. It's just an interesting movie I guess.

So I have a partner in crime. lol :D

"the days of sniffing the dirt are over"

SBETigg
04-04-2013, 08:58 PM
My husband watches it a lot, too, but I know for him that it's Helen Hunt in tank tops. But why ask why? You like it, so just keep on enjoying.

NJGIRL
04-04-2013, 09:05 PM
My husband watches it a lot, too, but I know for him that it's Helen Hunt in tank tops. But why ask why? You like it, so just keep on enjoying.

It's on ABC Family right now.....just saying. :D

"are we going to chase this tornado or just catch the next one"

conan617
04-04-2013, 10:00 PM
Maybe it's the flying cow.
"Debris! We got Debris!"

Niecyboo
04-04-2013, 11:23 PM
Many years ago right after my DH and I moved to Ames Iowa we found out they were filming a movie called Twister in town! So I decided to try out as an extra. That's about as far as my claim to fame goes since they took my questionnaire said thank you and I never heard from them. (I think the whole town tried out).

We did get to see some of the houses/outdoor scenes they used before they began filming. Came across them completely on accident, and nothing was going on, but they had all the equipment there. Never got to see anyone famous, but we got to see a house that would soon be destroyed. LOL

Strmchsr
04-05-2013, 08:05 AM
I watch it for a good laugh. "Cow." Still gets me every time. :D

Face it Rita, you're a closet storm chaser. :thumbsup:

Melanie
04-05-2013, 08:23 AM
And being the Universal fanatic that you are, how many times have you done that attraction? :D

Actually, I get a kick out of that attraction, but haven't seen the movie for years!

NJGIRL
04-05-2013, 09:00 AM
Many years ago right after my DH and I moved to Ames Iowa we found out they were filming a movie called Twister in town! So I decided to try out as an extra. That's about as far as my claim to fame goes since they took my questionnaire said thank you and I never heard from them. (I think the whole town tried out).

We did get to see some of the houses/outdoor scenes they used before they began filming. Came across them completely on accident, and nothing was going on, but they had all the equipment there. Never got to see anyone famous, but we got to see a house that would soon be destroyed. LOL

How cool....Sorry you weren't in the film.

"We're going in!"

azcavalier
04-05-2013, 09:00 AM
When we lived in Illinois (Springfield), we used to have Tornado warnings from time to time. When those would occur, we would take the kids down into the basement and turn it into a slumber party. And we always watched "Twister". It was my wife's idea. Not sure it was a good one. That's kind of like watching a slasher flick when you're hiding from someone trying to kill you....

NJGIRL
04-05-2013, 09:01 AM
Maybe it's the flying cow.
"Debris! We got Debris!"

:thumbsup:

"We got cows"

NJGIRL
04-05-2013, 09:03 AM
And being the Universal fanatic that you are, how many times have you done that attraction? :D

Actually, I get a kick out of that attraction, but haven't seen the movie for years!

It's funny because I liked the movie before they had the attraction, but the movie may be why I like the attraction so much. :D

"He's actually in love with himself, I thought it was just a summer thing"

NJGIRL
04-05-2013, 09:06 AM
Face it Rita, you're a closet storm chaser. :thumbsup:

And in the closet is where I am staying Chris lol.

I had a co worker that moved back to Nebraska. Before he left I ask him if they had tornados there and he said yes. I told him if I ever saw a real tornado I would probably pass out.

" Jo you've been chasing these things since you were a little girl"

Katzateer
04-05-2013, 09:17 AM
Grew up in Indiana and lived in Texas panhandle so have seen a lot of tornadoes. Nothing like watching a tornado miles and miles away from your kitchen window with the tumble weeds blowing around.

I used to watch Stardust over and over and though "Why??". Enjoyed but haven't seen it for awhile. I was excited when we almost lived in NJ and there is a town named Wall. Maybe I expected Claire Danes and the rest of the cast to live there lol

BrerGnat
04-05-2013, 12:29 PM
Twister is a horribly good movie. If I had known it was on last night, I would have watched it too. :blush:

Same thing happens to me with Titanic...

SBETigg
04-05-2013, 01:14 PM
Also, there's Cary Elwes. I think it was Phillip Seymour Hoffman's first movie. Jami Gertz is really good in it, too. Love it when he finally manages to chase her away.

Hammer
04-05-2013, 01:17 PM
Add me to the list of people who is a fan of Twister and I don't know why. It is a horribly good movie! Wish I had known it was on, would have watched after the Phillies game.

Jami Gertz with that bad Southern accent, "I can't talk right now, we've got cows!"

Phillip Seymour Hoffman- "Tasty cow, Aunt Meg"

DisneyDINK
04-05-2013, 03:16 PM
Well, I have no idea what is wrong with you and really have nothing to contribute except to say "This thread is cracking me up!", so thanks. :)

NJGIRL
04-05-2013, 11:10 PM
I'm glad I'm not the only one. Maybe we should have "Twister Anonymous" meetings. ;)

MizMissy
04-10-2013, 02:06 PM
I am sitting here watching Twister on TV for probably the 100th time. I don't know why but I just love that movie. It's not a work of art....I'm not a HUGE Helen Hunt or Bill Paxton fan......I dislike disaster movies.....I don't live in a tornado zone......the ending is terrible...but I will watch it every time it's on TV, I just love the movie. :blush:

It defies logic. I even have the DVD just in case it hasn't been on TV recently. And I do watch the DVD too.:D

Terrible ending? I'm not sure I have ever watched the end. This is one of those films that I will stop and watch pieces and parts, but I'm certain I've never watched the whole thing. But, yeah, the corny lines make it. And, I love Philip Seymour Hoffman.

Bethis26fan
04-10-2013, 04:29 PM
add me to the list of people that love the movie & have no clue why

Dragongirlx
04-11-2013, 04:00 AM
You can add me too. I love to watch it and have no idea why but will put it on everytime I see it much to my sisters dismay

NJGIRL
04-12-2013, 09:39 PM
Terrible ending? I'm not sure I have ever watched the end. This is one of those films that I will stop and watch pieces and parts, but I'm certain I've never watched the whole thing. But, yeah, the corny lines make it. And, I love Philip Seymour Hoffman.

The ending is over the top unrealistic. :D

Ruth & Beth I will sign you up for our TA meeting. haha

"Who are these people......I don't think soooooo"

Janmac
04-16-2013, 12:42 PM
Wish I'd found this thread sooner. My grandniece LOVES this movie. Especially when she was about 6. She would watch it over and over and over until we'd put a stop to it (hide it even).

And then she'd play Twister. Calling all of us by names from the movie - usually I got to be Bill (gender change for him). When we'd go somewhere in the car, she'd rush around as we were leaving, telling us to get the dish off the roof while she'd grab up pencils and notebooks.

She's fixated on tornados, which is part of the interest, but the other part is the quest thing. That's a big draw. Finding the tornado, getting Dorothy to fly. Belonging to the group, too.

She also has a major crush on Dusty.

The farm implement distributor that gets engulfed by a tornado belonged at the time to the woman, and her husband, who is now my niece's assistant manager. They used to live near Des Moines.

The ending IS awful - I don't know how many times I've told my grandniece how unrealistic it is.

But I'd sure like some of Meg's wind art . . .

"I think it's the same cow"

Jan

SlinkyDog
04-16-2013, 08:26 PM
This is so funny I watch it every time I catch it as well. Its not a great movie but for some reason I always get sucked in. Strange.

NJGIRL
04-17-2013, 08:43 AM
Wish I'd found this thread sooner. My grandniece LOVES this movie. Especially when she was about 6. She would watch it over and over and over until we'd put a stop to it (hide it even).

And then she'd play Twister. Calling all of us by names from the movie - usually I got to be Bill (gender change for him). When we'd go somewhere in the car, she'd rush around as we were leaving, telling us to get the dish off the roof while she'd grab up pencils and notebooks.

She's fixated on tornados, which is part of the interest, but the other part is the quest thing. That's a big draw. Finding the tornado, getting Dorothy to fly. Belonging to the group, too.

She also has a major crush on Dusty.

The farm implement distributor that gets engulfed by a tornado belonged at the time to the woman, and her husband, who is now my niece's assistant manager. They used to live near Des Moines.

The ending IS awful - I don't know how many times I've told my grandniece how unrealistic it is.

But I'd sure like some of Meg's wind art . . .

"I think it's the same cow"

Jan

That is so funny. I think she may be the youngest to have to join our TA group.

"Well let me enlighten you people"

NJGIRL
04-17-2013, 08:47 AM
This is so funny I watch it every time I catch it as well. Its not a great movie but for some reason I always get sucked in. Strange.

I do really like the movie. There are some things that are over the top....but the ending is really bad...but for some reason I can over look that.:D

"Bill we both know he'll never get that thing up"

The Horned King
04-17-2013, 09:20 AM
Same thing happens to me with Titanic...

I just can't watch that film without crying. Not at the film, but more on behalf of the set designers and builders who watched there hard worked torn apart after weeks of shooting by gallons of water. lol