PDA

View Full Version : Food Quality at Values

2disneyfans
04-03-2013, 06:32 PM
This will be our first value resort experience-ASMusic. We have stayed at CBR in the past.

Is there a noticeable difference in food quality when comparing values to moderates?

I'm thinking of basic items like for example French fries or hamburgers. Pretty much the same?

Pop Centurion
04-03-2013, 06:50 PM
The quality at Pop & Art of Animation is good. We stayed at ASMusic once but didn't really eat at the Intermission Food Court because it didn't really offer much variety. I believe there's more choices now so hopefully someone else here can be of better help.

Everyone I've ever spoken to all seem to think the values have better CS food than the moderates.

MargaretMessler
04-03-2013, 08:00 PM
I've stayed at values and mods, I don't think there's any difference in quality. There's just maybe a little more variety at the mods, but I have liked the food at the values just fine all around.

Sylvia
04-03-2013, 08:57 PM
I've stayed at ASMusic during my last 5 vacations. I haven't had a problem with the quality of the food. During trips, I typically also visit a couple of my favorite moderates: CBR and POR Riverside and a deluxe: Poly. I usually have CS meals while there. I haven't noticed any difference between the quality of CS food between the deluxe/moderates and the value, other than the variety of choices available.

As long as all goes well, and the doctors OK my traveling to WDW in August, I'll be back at ASMusic for another 2-week stay.

DANAM
04-03-2013, 11:12 PM
I have stayed at Pop several times and we stayed at ASMusic once. I have to admit we don't eat at the hotel really at all. I have had a couple burger's and they were all up to par with the parks. I really suggest trying to eat in the parks. The food is so much better and you have more of a selection. Also you can take to go at most counter services in the park. Just ask for a box or tell them you are leaving with it most places will accomidate you.

AvonleaCF
04-04-2013, 11:42 AM
Doesn't that type of food all come from the same supplier? I wouldn't think there'd be much difference between the burger patties & fries at one CS location vs. another.

Katzateer
04-04-2013, 11:51 AM
Doesn't that type of food all come from the same supplier? I wouldn't think there'd be much difference between the burger patties & fries at one CS location vs. another.

I even think the burgers and chicken nuggets are the same on the cruise ships - must all come from same supplier. And I agree I don't eat at the resorts CS often - if we eat counter service we go to the parks.

But the food at the values is fine.

Disneywarrior
04-04-2013, 01:44 PM
I think the values offer a wider variety of food choices overall. The deluxe and moderates usually have sit down restaurants so their counter service locations serve the basics. At the value resorts, the food court is it! So they serve a wider spectrum of choices.

Madame Leona
04-04-2013, 02:04 PM
The only value I've stayed at is POP but I really enjoyed the food. I tend to stay away from the burgers/pizza/etc and still I've found the variety to be excellent.

Scar
04-04-2013, 02:27 PM
In my experiences, general rule of thumb is:

Values = Good CS - No TS
Mods = Average CS - Average TS
Deluxes = Poor CS - Good/Excellent TS

PETE FROM NYC
04-05-2013, 06:59 PM
No problems w/ food at values.

lawgirl
04-05-2013, 09:27 PM
I was really impressed with the selection and large amount of quality choices at the AoA resort. I don't know about the other values, but the AoA food court went beyond my expectations. I would definitely go back and eat there.

mickeyman42
04-06-2013, 09:07 AM
Having stayed at ASMu several times we have found the food court to be quite good, not great but good. especially when it comes to the non-fried options, like the carved meat,chicken or fish options with mashed potatoes/rice I find that the food court is more than acceptable for a decent price. we usually find ourselves eating there 1 dinner a week, usually after a waterpark day when we dont want to waste a park ticket to eat and are just too tired to beat it to another resort. would I say its better than a TS, no, but is it better than more fries and burgers, yes and for around $10 its hard to beat in my mind.

grumpypima
04-06-2013, 08:44 PM
We've stayed at all the Mods and 2 of the values. It looks to me like all of the food comes from the same supplier, but it seems some food courts do a better job of keeping fresh choices available. We really like the food court at ASSports. The kids like the pizza. I like the turkey/pot roast option at dinner. My husband likes it all. One other huge plus for me, ASSports has diet sprite!!!

dkmwong
04-06-2013, 08:54 PM
We have stayed at Value, Moderate and deluxe resorts and have found the quality to be the same at all resorts.