PDA

View Full Version : Beach club

waymickey
04-03-2013, 10:59 AM
with the new discount for summer travel I am considering going to the beach club for the first time. Our regular hotel is the wilderness lodge and we love it there. But we were thinking of trying something new. It is still a lot of money and I want to be sure it is worth the money. It will be me my DH and DD 20. Anyone with pros and cons? My DH and DD like to rent the mouse racers and we like MK best but think we will like walking into Epcot. does the bus share with another resort? How many bus stops are there?

Any and all info would be appreciated:mickey:.

ledudes
04-03-2013, 12:01 PM
I would definitely try the Beach Club. It is one of our favorite deluxe hotels. The pool is great and the location is great. It is very convenient to walk over to the countries of Epcot at night and you can walk or take the boat over to HS also. We have never had any issues with the buses and they do not share with anyone. You are close to the Boardwalk area which is fun to be around at night also. We like teh convenience of being able to just go have a drink or shop around at night and then take an easy walk back to the hotel.

samandbrismom
04-03-2013, 12:37 PM
Be careful staying there:) We stayed there for the 1st time in 2010 and now we can't stay anywhere else:mickey: You won't be sorry-the resort is beautiful and the location can't be beat. Enjoy!!

waymickey
04-03-2013, 01:14 PM
I would get a garden view is there a good or bad room location in this category? Should I request something in particular? I am looking forward to a new magic experience?

Also please keep any pros and cons to staying at the BC. :mickey:

bruin1344
04-03-2013, 01:21 PM
Be careful staying there:) We stayed there for the 1st time in 2010 and now we can't stay anywhere else:mickey: You won't be sorry-the resort is beautiful and the location can't be beat. Enjoy!!

My thoughts exactly

goofy-4-disney
04-03-2013, 02:01 PM
I've only stayed at the Beach Club once, but I really enjoyed our stay there. It was very convenient to quickly pop over to DHS or Epcot for a quick meal or visit a shop or two. Like others have said transportation isnt an issue when staying here. They do however share busses with the Yacht Club and sometimes the other nearby deluxe resorts as well (at least when we stayed there this was true). Never an issue when we did share with other resorts however.

MinnieMal
04-03-2013, 10:56 PM
A great choice! I love the Beach Club! As others have said, the pool is incredible and being close to Epcot and HS makes for an easy walk or boat ride. We, too, have shared busses with YC; and on rare occasions, the loop may include a stop at Boardwalk, but it was never a problem.

I'd also suggest a stop in Beaches n' Cream - good burgers, fantastic onion rings, and awesome ice cream sundaes. If you want a good seat by the pool (or want a shaded spot), be sure to mosey out by late morning - the seats will typically be taken by then.

stephicakes
04-04-2013, 05:51 AM
Go for it!! By far my favorite resort because of the proximity to EPCOT, HS and the Boardwalk. Can't beat the pool - when we were there a couple CMs were taking drink orders so no need to walk to the bar (I know, I know... but it's the small things!). Theming is so relaxing.

Try it out and enjoy! :thumbsup:

waymickey
04-04-2013, 10:37 AM
Just got off the phone and I took the leap and booked the Beach Club. I saved $200 from a standard at WL Weird didn't think that would happen but hey I am not complaining. I am looking forward to the trip and I got a Garden view. :mickey:

RavsRuleDisney!
04-04-2013, 11:02 AM
We did WL a few times several trips back and totally enjoyed the whole experience there. That said, we did the BC a few trips back and it is a beautiful resort with a great pool, convenience to Epcot and Hollywood....try it, you'll like it!! :thumbsup:

Yo Mickey!
04-04-2013, 12:19 PM

this times a bajillion.

we used to stay at moderates (POR and POFQ) and once in awhile SSR. my brother in law invites us to stay at their villa at BWV for a week and since then we have never stayed anywhere but BWV or BCV. we love both resorts for different reasons but you cannot go wrong in that area.

would have saved me a lot of money (and not buying into dvc) had i not stayed there:thumbsup:

azcavalier
04-17-2013, 11:09 AM
We're going in late August because our school year next year has been delayed until Sept. 4th. So, for the first time in about three years, we're taking our older children and our entire family will be together at WDW. This will likely be the last time we go, just the five of us, for a loooong time. So, I told my DW that we were going to splurge a little to make it memorable (not that every Disney vacation isn't memorable). We decided to pony up and booked a room that sleeps 5 at the Beach Club!

SO EXCITED! I told my DD13, and she freaked out. We can't wait to try out Stormalong Bay. I'm picturing getting up in the morning and wandering over to France and having breakfast at the bakery. Hanging out at the Boardwalk at night to see the entertainment. Having dinner at Beaches and Cream.

Have I mentioned that we're excited? My wife and I stayed at the Boardwalk for our anniversary four years ago, but we've never stayed with our kids anywhere but the Values and POR. I really, really can't wait. 9 days at Beach Club....

RALPH
04-29-2013, 07:14 PM
Just look at my signature.

Mitzie
05-01-2013, 11:06 AM
We have stayed at WL and the Poly over in the MK area..very nice, but MK isn't our favorite park. Mine is Epcot so staying in the BC area is so nice. If you stand on the bridge between YC and BW you can see illuminations and the boat ride into HS is nice. Great food options all around! We would choose YC over BC simply for having the better chance of getting a full balcony. SAB is wonderful! We love how Hurricane Hannah's(newley remodeled) is right there at the pool..great for a lunch spot during that pool time.