PDA

View Full Version : Clueless on boarding pass apps for smartphones

Jeri Lynn
04-03-2013, 07:59 AM
Hi Everyone,
My son is going to be flying this weekend. I can print out his boarding pass for his flight out but he will not have a way to print out boarding pass for his flight home.

I was going to have him download Delta's app.

Can someone explain to me how it all works and what he needs to do in regards to checking in online and once he gets to the airport.

thanks so much!!

BrerGnat
04-03-2013, 08:34 AM
First, does he have an account with Delta on Delta.com? That is the first step.

If he downloads the mobile app, he will be able to check in for his flight, and he will have to print his boarding pass out at the airport when he gets there from a Kiosk. However, he can do this even if YOU check him in from home. There is always the option to stop by the kiosks to print boarding passes. He will need his confirmation number.

The mobile app requires that you have an account set up with Delta (usually, a frequent flyer account). So, if he doesn't have that set up yet, do so, and then he will be able to use the app to check in, keep track of his flight, be notified of delays, etc.

VWL Mom
04-03-2013, 08:42 AM
You need to check whether the airport he's flying from supports smartphone boarding passes. I was going to try United at MCO but chickened out at the last minute because I was afraid my battery would die.

When he checks in they will give him an option for a smartphone bp and will email a link for the pass. When you get to the airport you pull up the pass and security will scan it. At the gates it will either be scanned by the gate agent or some airports have a separate line where you scan it yourself.

If he's unsure he can always get a paper bp at the kiosk as Natalie said.

Jeri Lynn
04-03-2013, 09:20 AM
Thanks a bunch! I'll try and check at the airport that he's flying out of on his return home...or maybe I should just have him go to the counter since I don't think Chatanooga is a huge airport!

He's hasn't flown since 2005 and he was just a kid then and I did all the work!

BrerGnat
04-03-2013, 11:15 AM
I am going to go out on a limb and say that Chatanooga airport probably doesn't have mobile boarding pass readers yet.

I used them out of Dulles and Orlando. Both of those are MAJOR international airports, though.