PDA

View Full Version : My dining list- any other musts?!

dizzy123
04-02-2013, 02:03 PM
We will be traveling to Disney in celebration of our twins 2nd birthday. So far, our sit down dinners include:
Hoop de doo musical review
Trex
BOMA

Any Epcot recomendations? We've done Germany and have enjoyed it (minus kids) and want to try something different.

Also, we are trying with my parents. Do you think we will get hit with gratiuty charges if we dine together with the twins? Are we considered a party of 6 if the twins don't order from the menu?

SBETigg
04-02-2013, 02:22 PM
'Ohana (dinner) at the Polynesian is a great family meal. Served family style, so no getting up and down for a buffet, plus activities for kids.

Not sure how character meals will go over with two at that age, but it might be fun to try, in which case 'Ohana breakfast is also good, or Crystal Palace for Pooh characters.

You are still a party of six for ADR purposes, but I don't think they charge for two and under? Not sure, not having gone with that age group recently. So not sure how that works for gratuities (I'm guessing if they can add it on, they will). But you would tip anyway, right? But they do need to know the actual head count of your group when you make ADRs, so always include the kids at any age. It's for safety reasons (fire limits) as well as making sure they have a space to adequately accommodate your party size.

I also like:
Teppan Edo/Tokyo Dining
Chefs de France
Kouzzina
Grand Floridian Cafe

MississippiDisneyFreak
04-02-2013, 02:43 PM
Ohana is a must do for us

dizzy123
04-02-2013, 03:16 PM
We usually tip 20%, but not as much for buffets. With a big group, and expensive buffet prices, those gratuities add up!
:(

DisneyWFan
04-02-2013, 04:05 PM
They will automagically add the 18% tip to your bill even if the twins dont eat. The tip is based on head count period end of story :( When we went with a 6 week old she counted as person # 6.

TinkerbellT421
04-02-2013, 05:10 PM
'Ohana. Must do. Every time.

phillydan
04-02-2013, 07:11 PM
Give Grand Floridian Cafe a try! We do it everytime - great meal. great atmosphere.

DANAM
04-02-2013, 11:37 PM
Another vote for 'ohana. It is my families must do for every trip.:mickey:

ANG
04-03-2013, 02:48 PM
Last October, we had 4 adults, 1 paying kid, and 1 free kid and were considered a group of 6. Paid 20% at every sit down.

I would consider a character meal for your kiddos!

NJGIRL
04-03-2013, 03:44 PM
I like the restaurants on your list so far. My suggestion in EPCOT would be either San Angels for the atmosphere or Teppan Edo for the "show" while they are cooking your meal.

The kids will probably like the Sci Fi at the Studio