PDA

View Full Version : Wait list

disneygirlie11
04-02-2013, 08:17 AM
I called right at 7 months and pretty every resort was booked except for AKL, SSR, & OKW. What do you think my chances of getting a wait listed room at contemporary are? Right now we are booked for AKV, but it is so far out with 2 kids that are 2 & 1! I guess really what I need to know is what type of room would you wait list? I hate that you have to be specific, I just want in the resort! Haha!

VWL Mom
04-02-2013, 08:47 AM
Not sure what size room you're looking for? If it's a 1 bdrm I'd probably go for a Lake View room.

If you did this today I did notice that VWL is available for the that week. So if you're looking to be close to MK you might consider that.

disneygirlie11
04-02-2013, 08:50 AM
I'm looking for a studio. We are going October 17-24 & VWL was booked. I've been calling for weeks :-/.

gardenia
04-02-2013, 01:08 PM
Why not search and book online at the member site? Instead of calling? Also, the Contemporary is not a DVC resort, so maybe you're thinking of Bay Lake Tower. It's very popular!

disneygirlie11
04-02-2013, 01:18 PM
Yes, I am talking about BLT. I can't go through the member site bc it consistently freezes up every time I've been on it in the last 2 months. It will work through my laptop, but my laptop is being repaired. It won't work through my iphone or iPad however without freezing.

gardenia
04-02-2013, 06:55 PM
You can have 2 active waitlists at a time. If I were you I would waitlist both a studio standard view at BLT and a studio at VWL for your dates. I would think you have a decent chance that one comes through. If one comes through, cancel the other.

Edited to add - AKV is my home resort, you would LOVE it, if no waitlist comes through.

faline
04-02-2013, 06:58 PM
Sometimes your wait lists will not come through. I've stayed in all the resorts you list as having room and have enjoyed each of them.