PDA

View Full Version : Spice Road Table Open in Epcot's Morocco Pavilion

Figment!
04-01-2013, 09:18 PM
1/9/14

Epcot Cast have reported that Spice Road Table is scheduled to officially open January 11, 2014.

4/1/13

The official announcement from Disney:

Look for a new waterfront eatery by the end of this year at the Morocco Pavilion in World Showcase at Epcot. Spice Road Table will feature various small plates and refreshments inspired by the cuisine of the Mediterranean. With seating both indoors and out, it’s a welcome addition to the line-up along World Showcase Lagoon.

Details were internally announced earlier this year by the pavilion's operator:

From Tidbits January 2013 (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=197100)

Marrakesh Moroccan LLC, the owner/operator of the restaurants in Epcot’s Morocco pavilion, has reportedly proposed plans to add a third restaurant to the pavilion between the Friendship Boat Dock and the Mo’ Rockin Stage. The proposed restaurant ... would feature small plate dishes, pastries, cocktails and wines. The location is proposed to offer 60 indoors seats, 120 outdoor seats, and a walk-up window. Although the park has not confirmed a time table, the proposal reportedly outlined construction to start Winter 2013 with a grand opening later in 2013.
Construction walls are reportedly in-place around the site.

BriarRose0708
04-01-2013, 10:03 PM
I love the Morocco pavilion and I'm glad to see it will get some updates, but I hope this isn't the start of a trend that every country will now have its waterfront spaces taken up by dining. I understand the popularity of Illuminations and how competitive it can be to get an unobstructed view on crowded evenings especially, but I hope they don't go overboard here. That said, I am looking forward to trying the new restaurant space some day!

Quadstriker
04-01-2013, 10:20 PM
My wife will love this.

ibelieveindisneymagic
04-02-2013, 08:54 AM
My wife will love this.

So will my husband. :)

Mickey'sGirl
04-02-2013, 08:59 AM
I love the Morocco pavilion and I'm glad to see it will get some updates, but I hope this isn't the start of a trend that every country will now have its waterfront spaces taken up by dining. I understand the popularity of Illuminations and how competitive it can be to get an unobstructed view on crowded evenings especially, but I hope they don't go overboard here. That said, I am looking forward to trying the new restaurant space some day!I agree completely Nikki! The table hoarding and seat saving is nuts!

Ian
04-02-2013, 10:05 AM
I think when applied minimally it's kind of nice and special to have waterfront eateries. But if they start slapping a new waterfront restaurant in every open space around the WS lagoon it's going to junk up the view pretty badly and severely limit the already limited viewing areas for RoE.

Can't say I'm in love with this trend.

SBETigg
04-02-2013, 10:58 AM
I love the Morocco pavilion and I'm glad to see it will get some updates, but I hope this isn't the start of a trend that every country will now have its waterfront spaces taken up by dining. I understand the popularity of Illuminations and how competitive it can be to get an unobstructed view on crowded evenings especially, but I hope they don't go overboard here. That said, I am looking forward to trying the new restaurant space some day!

My concern exactly, Nikki. Yes. I'm kind of worried about that space being taken up. But I do love the idea of a new Morocco restaurant.

BriarRose0708
04-02-2013, 11:16 AM
I think when applied minimally it's kind of nice and special to have waterfront eateries. But if they start slapping a new waterfront restaurant in every open space around the WS lagoon it's going to junk up the view pretty badly and severely limit the already limited viewing areas for RoE.

Can't say I'm in love with this trend.

Right, keep the waterfront dining exclusive to two (and now three) countries and leave room for everyone else to enjoy without competing for an ADR if that becomes the only way to get a decent view of IllumiNations.

pdrlkr
04-02-2013, 12:57 PM
Can't wait to try it out!:eat:

DANAM
04-03-2013, 11:33 PM
Is it safe to assume this will be a Table Service?

SBETigg
04-04-2013, 01:16 PM
Is it safe to assume this will be a Table Service?

Yes, it is planned as a table service.

Figment!
01-09-2014, 07:43 PM
**Update**

mickclub1955
01-12-2014, 10:58 PM
The walls were down on the 10th and they were doing testing when we walked by. It looks beautiful.

Terra
01-13-2014, 01:01 PM
Has any menu leaked out yet????

SBETigg
01-13-2014, 03:07 PM
You can find more discussion and a menu here:

Spice Road Table Soft Opening (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=203041)

Terra
01-14-2014, 01:45 PM
Thanks!!!

Melanie
01-15-2014, 10:42 AM
It's beautiful! Great views and nice decor. We snuck in an took pics the night/day it opened. Looking forward to eating there next trip.