PDA

View Full Version : Best Deluxe Resort for toddlers

dizzy123
04-01-2013, 03:12 PM
We will be traveling to Disney for our twins 2nd birthday. My parents will also be going with us for xtra assistance! Any recomendations on Deluxe resorts / villas? With babies just turning 2, whats the safest place for them to sleep? Do most people put them in their own bed? They refuse pack n play's now, so I can't imagine them sleeping in one a year from now. Please help! :party:

ginny57
04-01-2013, 08:39 PM
I think I'd consider Poly. It provides monorail to MK and you can walk to TTC and hop the monorail to EPCOT. If you get a room on the ground floor, you could put the kids to bed and sit on the patio...its beautiful there at night. Plus their rooms are the largest standard rooms which is a plus.

SBETigg
04-01-2013, 09:13 PM
My choice would be two rooms at the Poly or Grand Floridian but the Contemporary and Bay Lake Tower have become more desirable options lately, walkable from MK, no wait for transportation. If you prefer to be all together in a 2 BR villa, Bay Lake Tower or Beach Club would be great. Two rooms at Beach Club is also a good option if you prefer the Epcot area resorts.

I think you can get bed rails at resorts on request? Not sure about that, but it might make you feel better about your toddlers maybe sharing a regular bed.

Kairi_7378
04-01-2013, 10:39 PM
I would consider Bay Lake Tower (walkability to MK), the Poly (for proximity to Epcot Monorail, easier with strollers), or Beach Club (walkability to Epcot.) The AKL could be fun for that age, but it is a bit out of the way if you are relying on WDW transportation to the MK.

You can get bed rails upon request at the resorts. My son slept in a "big bed" for the first time in WDW. He is quite an active sleeper, and the rails were great for him on a queen bed.

BrerGnat
04-02-2013, 07:57 AM
If you want an MK resort:
Contemporary

If you want an Epcot Resort:
Boardwalk Inn or Beach Club

I might give a slight edge to BWI with 2 year olds because it is closer to DHS making that walk a lot easier as well. It also has a playground which will come in handy with 2 year olds. In addition, the pool is smaller and there is a kiddie pool, all in close proximity, making it easier to play with the kids at the pool. Plus, Jellyrolls is right there, so after the little ones go to bed, and the grandparents are watching them, you and your husband can go have some fun. ;)

If you want to be close to MK, Contemporary is the way to go. It is SO nice to walk to MK, and you can also walk to the MK bus stop to easily catch a bus to ANY other resort! This is a huge plus for dining ADR's if you tend to eat at other hotels. You can also monorail to Poly and GF, or boat over to WL (where there is a great little playground perfect for 2 year olds).

dizzy123
04-02-2013, 11:39 AM
:mickey:Great tips - thanks everyone!