PDA

View Full Version : The Boardwalk

grumpypima
03-31-2013, 09:23 PM
What are some of the advantages and disadvantages to staying at the Boardwalk?:mickey:

CanadianWDWFan
04-01-2013, 09:37 AM
Location, location, location. This is a huge plus. You are only minutes from two parks. Plus there is always something to do on the Boardwalk when you aren't in the parks.

AgentC
04-01-2013, 10:29 AM
I have stayed at the Yacht Club and Beach Club a lot but had never stayed at the Boardwalk until last December. I loved it. I am really sorry it took me so long to try it out.

Pluses

-Like Brian said- Location- If you love Epcot this is definitely a great choice
-Entertainment - Lots to do on the Boardwalk-Games, entertainment etc
-Table service dining. Many options include Kouzzina and the Flying Fish as well as some more casual choices
-Decor- My whole family enjoyed the theming.
-The Belle Vue Lounge

Minuses

-No Traditional Quick Serves. There are quick a few food options such as the Boardwalk Bakery, Pizza window, the lounge,and the Boardwalk stands, but there is not a single quick serve where you can order and sit down and eat. That was not a problem for us, but I know some don't like it.
-The pool if you have a clown phobia. :clown: It is actually a very good pool with a great slide but the clown turns some people off.

I definitely recommend giving Boardwalk a try.

Dawn,DeniseandDiane
04-01-2013, 01:44 PM
Everything that has been said is exact! Too funny about the clown! Denise has a clown phobia and she still manages just fine. The location is our favorite part for sure. Room service is a bit pricey, but can come in handy too. You can order pizza downstairs, or order hot dogs,fries etc. from the cart when its open. We eat on the tables outside.

Dawn,Denise&Diane:wave::wave::wave:

nat
07-11-2016, 08:38 PM
Does anyone have any updates on the "Flying Fish/Abracada Bar" opening on the Boardwalk?
We are going in September? Just being able to walk around, there is always something going on!!

nat
07-14-2016, 01:43 PM
Anybody lol on the Flying Fish?

BrerGnat
07-14-2016, 04:58 PM
Does anyone have any updates on the "Flying Fish/Abracada Bar" opening on the Boardwalk?
We are going in September? Just being able to walk around, there is always something going on!!

Disney has not released a reopening date for FF yet.

baldburke
07-14-2016, 11:05 PM
We really like staying on the monorail loop, but maybe BW, Beach and Yacht Clubs will be more appealing when Hollywood Studios is reopened with SW and TS lands...

DizneyRox
07-16-2016, 11:05 AM
Boardwalk location us tough to beat. It's a tad further than Beach Club to Epcot, but much closer to MGM.

Its a bit noisy though and parking can be a challenge at times due to guests using it for Epcot/MGM parking. The refurb is bringing it back to its former glory IMHO. It's was getting a little run down.