PDA

View Full Version : Teardrop still a viable spot for finding characters in training?

zoulicat
03-31-2013, 02:40 PM
Hi all,

Heading down to WDW next week with our 3 DDs.
Wondering if the Teardrop is still in existence and if it is still being used as a training center to introduce new cast members and unusual characters.

If not, where are the best spots (if any still exist) to meet out of the ordinary characters?

Thanks for the insights.

Zoulicat

tinklover
03-31-2013, 04:06 PM
I am interested in knowing this as well, the last time we were there my DDs got to see Baloo. We will be down there in 37 days:cloud9:

Maleficent's Dad
03-31-2013, 04:25 PM
I believe that the Teardrop area was eliminated with the Fantasyland expansion. Not 100% on this as my kids no longer seek out the characters (ah, teens...).

Epcot has 3 good places that train new character CM's.
1. Walkway next to Liberty Inn (American Adventure)
2. International Gateway
3. World Showplace (b/t Canada & UK Pavilions).

tinklover
03-31-2013, 04:28 PM
I believe that the Teardrop area was eliminated with the Fantasyland expansion. Not 100% on this as my kids no longer seek out the characters (ah, teens...).

Epcot has 3 good places that train new character CM's.
1. Walkway next to Liberty Inn (American Adventure)
2. International Gateway
3. World Showplace (b/t Canada & UK Pavilions).
Thank you for this bit of info about Epcot. It has been noted in my phone.

Maleficent's Dad
03-31-2013, 06:32 PM
Just note that the Epcot training sessions are totally random, the characters may leave just before you arrive or 5 minutes after you've passed through... :(

joanna71985
04-02-2013, 11:14 AM
Unfortunately the Teardrop is no longer there

IamBelle
05-28-2013, 02:07 PM
When I went to EPCOT last August, we met the entire cast of the Country Bear Jamboree at what I think was near the international gateway. They were all together, with barely a line, we just went from one to the other taking pictures and autographs. It was very cool to see characters associated with MK in EPCOT!

Susan A
07-02-2013, 09:43 PM
Ok, I've never heard of what you're talking about what is the "teardrop" and how do you/tell that a character is in training?
Thanks!

cer
07-02-2013, 10:22 PM
Ok, I've never heard of what you're talking about what is the "teardrop" and how do you/tell that a character is in training?
Thanks!

OK, so the teardrop was a teardrop-shaped piece of concrete located in Toon Town near the train depot. It is no longer there since the redo of that area. The only way I think I can tell if a character is in training, is that they appear in a location that is not really advertised and the time of their appearance is not scheduled. Also, when you see a character in training, they are usually the less popular or rare characters.

Susan A
07-04-2013, 07:01 PM
Thank you Carrie for the explanation. I guess guests just happen upon them. Sorry for all of the typos on my previous post!

asianway
07-05-2013, 01:36 PM
OK, so the teardrop was a teardrop-shaped piece of concrete located in Toon Town near the train depot. It is no longer there since the redo of that area. The only way I think I can tell if a character is in training, is that they appear in a location that is not really advertised and the time of their appearance is not scheduled. Also, when you see a character in training, they are usually the less popular or rare characters.

This used to be the case, but not so much. They now will steer most of them toward the VIPs as much as they can. You can still find Max, Gideon, Foulfellow, Country Bears and even Launchpad once in a blue moon. But the days of meeting just about any character in existence at a training meet are long gone.