PDA

View Full Version : Links in posts???

Disney4us2
03-31-2013, 01:02 PM
Today I have noticed that links are in posts with certain words. Like Disneyland, hotels etc. Is it just my computer? Or is it a glitch?

When you put the cursor over the link it brings up an advertisement,,,, Just confused:confused: Don't like it, too distracting.

VWL Mom
03-31-2013, 01:13 PM
Marci, is it just one post or many? I'm looking around but can't find it.

Disney4us2
03-31-2013, 01:27 PM
Hi Lynn,
I am on my tablet now, and nothing is showing up. it must be something on my computer.

John
03-31-2013, 02:21 PM
Its not the site... Guessing you installed something that added it to your browser/computer.

Disney4us2
03-31-2013, 02:27 PM
Yeah, I tried to download spell check from this site. I tried deleting it but I still see the links. It doesn't happen on my tablet,

John
03-31-2013, 03:01 PM
From which site?

If you are talking IESpell - I can tell you I don't download anything from CNET anymore. I just tried to grab it from there and there were about 3 add on programs that it wanted to install that you had to decline first. That was using the download button. If you go to the direct download link - it just grabs the program only.

Major Geeks doesn't bundle like that.

If you look at your installed programs in the control panel, my guess is you will see things like shopping add ons and other stuff installed. Remove them.

If you are on a windows computer, you can use a system restore to roll back to a date before you installed the program.