PDA

View Full Version : Disneyland Hotel or Paradise Pier?

Mad About Mickey
03-31-2013, 10:11 AM
Trying to decide between Disneyland Hotel & Paradise Pier. If you had your choice which would you choose & why?

AvaNellMouse
03-31-2013, 12:05 PM
The Disneyland Hotel is amazing. Paradise Pier is as far away as the non-disney hotels. If you want to stay "on property" then you will be happier with the original. The pool is amazing and you MUST go to Trader Sam's! Have a great trip!

Disney4us2
03-31-2013, 12:47 PM
I stayed at the DLH and loved it. We were in the Adventure tower with a theme park view. We were able to view the fireworks from our room with the music piped in on the tv.

Haven't stayed at PPH, but you can cut through the Grand Californian to enter DCA or skip the longer walk through DTD.

If it were me, I would choose the DLH, just for the magic of it and the better pools. My DD loved the Monorail slides....even better than the one at the Grand Californian.

tinkwest
03-31-2013, 08:38 PM
I would choose DLH. It just feels so Disney. Especially if you plan on using the pools, much more resort feeling at the DLH than the PPH, IMO.

BrerGnat
03-31-2013, 09:34 PM
Disneyland hotel.

Melanie
03-31-2013, 09:46 PM
If money is not an issue, definitely go with Disneyland Hotel.

mom2morgan
04-03-2013, 05:23 PM
definitely DHL. PP is further away, and not really themed.

eeyorepoohfan
08-17-2013, 12:47 PM
I have stayed at both and would say if you can afford it, do the DL Hotel! I stayed there before the renovations and loved it. The pics look amazing now! The rooms are actually very large. Toilet and shower share a room and the sink is separate. At Paradise Pier, it's the least Disney themed and farthest walk. The beds are very comfy though! The downside for my sisters and I was that the sink, toilet and shower were all in the same room. That can get tricky for morning routines.

Carol
08-18-2013, 07:37 PM
If money is not an issue my vote goes to the Grand Californian. :cool:

Second choice would be Disneyland Hotel.

That all being said, I've stayed at Paradise Pier a few times and the rooms are very large. It's not that much further away. It's right across from the entrance to the Grand.

BrerGnat
08-19-2013, 09:29 AM
If money is not an issue my vote goes to the Grand Californian. :cool:

Have to agree with Carol. Since it wasn't offered as a possibility, I said DLH, but Grand will ALWAYS get my top vote.

kat621
01-22-2014, 06:16 PM
My DH & I stayed at the Disneyland Hotel and loved it, but this time, we're staying at Paradise Pier. We've been to DL lots of times and stayed in Good Neighbor hotels as well, but we'd like to try something different. Next time after that, GC for sure.

Gator
01-27-2014, 06:44 PM
I stayed at the PPH in November and we really liked it. There's just something about a Disney hotel that feels good. The room we had was really big and the beds were great. The waterslide was a lot of fun for the kids too. And we just walked across the street and right into DCA, which was great. Honestly, it's probably just as far a walk from PP to the parks as it is from the Disnyland hotel, because DH sits farther north on property. Plus, spending over $300 night for the DH just doesn't make sense to me.