PDA

View Full Version : Another 24 hour event?

DizneyFreak2002
03-30-2013, 02:31 PM
A blogger and several others on fan sites have started to spread word that Disney has planned another 24 hour event for Disneyland and WDW's Magic Kingdom... The rumored date is May 24th... If you check out your calendars, that is the Friday of Memorial Day weekend...

This event may be included as part of the limited time magic promotion and will (if the date is true) will take place on one of the busiest weekends of the year...

Melanie
03-30-2013, 03:05 PM
Interesting. What could the 'theme' be though? I have a hard time imagining something that could beat 'Another Disney Day' tied into Leap Day. That was cool, and I'm glad I went (although I don't remember much of it ;) :sleepin: ).

Quadstriker
03-30-2013, 03:15 PM
The theme is making $$$$.

First one was a huge success for them.

Melanie
03-30-2013, 03:20 PM
First one was a huge success for them.

Hey! That's when I met you. But I recall someone else being tired. ;)

VWL Mom
03-30-2013, 04:50 PM
The rumored theme is the kickoff for the "Monstrous Summer" campaign. One can only wonder what that will bring.

potzie
03-31-2013, 02:28 PM
I hope not. We are supposed to be there that day as we have a dinner reservation for Be Our Guest. If it's a mad scene that day it will not be fun, and there is no chance of us getting the reservation for another day that weekend at this point.

DizneyFreak2002
03-31-2013, 04:07 PM
I hope not. We are supposed to be there that day as we have a dinner reservation for Be Our Guest. If it's a mad scene that day it will not be fun, and there is no chance of us getting the reservation for another day that weekend at this point.

That weekend is one of the busiest of the year... It is going to be a mad scene anyway... Which is why I question who in their right mind picked that date?

Kenny1113
03-31-2013, 05:59 PM
The theme is making $$$$.

Funny! :D

This is around DSs bday. Would be fun...but if going to be mad house.No thank you. :(

potzie
03-31-2013, 08:31 PM
It's the weekend after we get off the Dream so we're already there. The Crowd Prediction site shows that it's actually not that bad that weekend. I was surprised by the numbers they are predicting but they haven't moved them up.

Quadstriker
03-31-2013, 11:12 PM
Hey! That's when I met you. But I recall someone else being tired. ;)

A day that will live in infamy...

AgentC
03-31-2013, 11:49 PM
That was cool, and I'm glad I went (although I don't remember much of it ;) :sleepin: ).

I think I'm sick. I have an urge to do it again to prove I can, but that would be :goofy:

potzie
04-01-2013, 07:46 AM
It's the weekend after we get off the Dream so we're already there. The Crowd Prediction site shows that it's actually not that bad that weekend. I was surprised by the numbers they are predicting but they haven't moved them up.

Now today they have changed the predicted levels from 4.4 yesterday for May 24th to 10.0 today. Guess we'll have to miss the park this short visit and see it all in November when we have more time.

DizneyFreak2002
04-25-2013, 10:09 PM
The event is going to be themed around Monsters U...

And confirmed to be held during Memorial Day Weekend...

Carol
04-26-2013, 02:11 PM
Disney Parks to Kick Off a ‘Monstrous Summer’ With 24 Hours of Magic on Both Coasts

Spaceship Earth Transforms into “Monsters University” Star Mike Wazowski To Announce
All-Night Parties for Walt Disney World, Disneyland Resorts

ANAHEIM, Calif. and LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. (April 25, 2013) – Walt Disney World Resort and Disneyland Resort will kick off a Monstrous Summer bykeeping three theme parks open for 24 hours nonstop on Memorial Day Weekend, the traditional start of the familytravel season.

The Magic Kingdom Park in Florida and Disneyland Park and Disney California Adventure Park in California will stay open from 6 a.m., May 24 to 6 a.m., May 25, 2013, local time* marking the beginning of a summer of fun inspired by the upcoming Disney•Pixar comedy adventure Monsters University.

The oversized fun of a 24-hour Disney park “All-Nighter” called for an equally epic announcement, and the huge sphere of Spaceship Earth was transformed from
Disney Parks icon to Disney Pixar “Eye-con,” becoming a 180-foot-tall, fully animated Mike Wazowski, the loveable green-bodied, one-eyed monster who joins best pal James P. Sullivan (“Sulley”) in the prequel to Monsters, Inc., this summer as college students with hopes of becoming Scarers.

Walt Disney World President George Kalogridis joined Mike to share the news of the first-ever, three-park All-Nighter. “This summer, Disney Parks are bursting with a monstrous lineup of new thrills, shows and happenings,” said Kalogridis. “Guests can start Memorial Day Weekend with a 24-hour-marathon of memory-making as three Parks stay open all day and all night to celebrate the bi-coastal kick-off of a Monstrous Summer at Disney Parks.” Mike and Sulley will take a break from collegiate life and their Scare studies at Monsters University to host the All-Nighter, dropping in to scare up some school spirit. Guests will scream and giggle with delight at the lineup of thrills and entertainment that promises to make this a day and night to be remembered for a lifetime.

In Florida, the Magic Kingdom will feature a Monsters University theme where Mike and Sulley will be the Grand Marshals of the “Celebrate a Dream Come True” day
parade – complete with pomp and circumstance – and make appearances in Tomorrowland. Guests also will find extra entertainment throughout the day and night,
including characters in their pajamas in Town Square during the late night and early morning, and late-night dance parties in and around the courtyard of Cinderella Castle.

In California, guests can partythe night away at both parks with special entertainment, including a Monsters University “TLT Monstrous” Dance Club and Star Wars
characters in Tomorrowland, and late-night Character Pajama Partyin Mickey’s Toontown at Disneyland. The new Fantasy Faire Royal Theatre at Disneyland will become a Royal Dance Hall late at night with a live band and dancing, and guests of Disney California Adventure will find Monstrous photo opportunities with new Monsters University “Dorms” in Hollywood Land and a new Monsters University float leading the Pixar Play Parade.

All three parks will feature limited-edition specialty merchandise and food and beverage offerings plus other surprises throughout the entire day. The All-Nighter is just the beginning of the fun. In California, vacationers at “The Happiest Place on Earth” will see how Disneyland Resort “Just Got Happier” with great new attractions such as the “Mickey and the Magical Map” stage show. It is also the first summer for guests to experience the new Fantasy Faire with Disney Princesses at Disneyland, and theycontinue to enjoythe exciting new offerings of Cars Land and Buena Vista Street at Disney California Adventure.

Walt Disney World Monstrous Summer includes new offerings and popular favorites in all four parks. This is the first summer for New Fantasyland, which has received rave reviews from guests since its December grand opening as the largest expansion in Magic Kingdom history. Guests also will find new, engaging offerings for the entire familythroughout the Walt Disney World Resort this summer such as an interactive “Pirates Adventure” game at Magic Kingdom, the newlyre-imagined Test
Track at Epcot, the new DisneyJunior show, featuring Sofia The First and Doc McStuffins, as new additions at Disney’s Hollywood Studios, plus Wilderness Explorers at Disney’s Animal Kingdom that will bring families together in exciting new ways.

ABOUT “MONSTERS UNIVERSITY”
Ever since college-bound Mike Wazowski (voice of Billy Crystal) was a little monster, he has dreamed of becoming a Scarer—and he knows better than anyone that the best Scarers come from Monsters University(MU). But during his first semester at MU, Mike’s plans are derailed when he crosses paths with hotshot James P. Sullivan, “Sulley” (voice of John Goodman), a natural-born Scarer.

The pair’s out-of-control competitive spirit gets them both kicked out of the University’s elite Scare Program. To make matters worse, theyrealize they will have to work together, along with an odd bunch of misfit monsters, if they ever hope to make things right. Screaming with laughter and oozing with heart, Disney•Pixar’s “Monsters University” is directed by Dan Scanlon (“Cars,” “Mater and the Ghostlight,” “Tracy”), produced by Kori Rae (“Up,” “The Incredibles,” “Monsters, Inc.”) and features music from future Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inductee and award-winning composer Randy
Newman (“Monsters, Inc.,” “Toy Story 3″). For more information, like us at facebook.com/PixarMonsters University, and follow us on twitter.com/disneypixar. The film opens in U.S. theaters on June 21, 2013, and will be shown in 3D in select theaters.

cer
04-26-2013, 02:29 PM
Interesting. What could the 'theme' be though? I have a hard time imagining something that could beat 'Another Disney Day' tied into Leap Day. That was cool, and I'm glad I went (although I don't remember much of it ;) :sleepin: ).

So, previous posters said it is themed around Monsters University, but did you catch that they are calling it an "All-Nighter"?

I think it's clever. :)

MOJoe
04-26-2013, 05:47 PM
I'm in. :party: :crazy:

EeyoresBestFriend
04-26-2013, 06:22 PM
I would give just about anything to see the Wazowski Epcot ball!!! How KEWL!!! :thumbsup:

Unfortunately, there is not even a slight chance of that . . . I sure hope that there are some great picts posted of it.

crltkcagle
04-26-2013, 09:00 PM
:joy::joy::clappy::mike: THIS IS HAPPENING ON THE SECOND DAY OF OUR VACATION AND I WOULDN'T MISS THIS!! MIKE IS MY ALL TIME FAVORITE CHARACTER AND NOW I AM GOING TO GO RE-PLAN OUR TRIP SO WE CAN BE IN MK THAT DAY. CAN'T WAIT!!! :here::woohoo::woohoo::yay:

DANAM
04-26-2013, 10:44 PM
The one year we decide to splurge for a Christmas trip and skip our regular Memorial Day trip something exciting happens. Just my luck! Hope everyone that gets to go has a great time. My family is super jealous!

CajunDisneyDad
04-27-2013, 10:37 AM
We will be there! good times :D

Aurora
04-27-2013, 10:59 AM
I would give just about anything to see the Wazowski Epcot ball!!! How KEWL!!! :thumbsup:

Unfortunately, there is not even a slight chance of that . . . I sure hope that there are some great picts posted of it.

There are pictures on Disney's Facebook page and the Disney Parks blog, along with a really fun video on the blog:

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2013/04/first-three-park-all-nighter-kicks-off-monstrous-summer-at-the-walt-disney-world-and-disneyland-resorts/?CMP=SOC-WDWFY12Q2FBDM0550

There are also some good YouTube videos of the same announcement with the crowd noise in the background.

Aurora
04-27-2013, 11:00 AM
Does anyone know how they do admissions for this day? How did they do it for the Leap Year Day admissions? Do they kick everyone out at 6 a.m. the next day and then let people in for admission that day?

Won't be able to go this year :(, just curious.

Scrappy2
04-28-2013, 02:05 PM
Ok. So how long will the Epcot sphere be transformed to look like Mike Wazowski? Is it just for that one night? We will arrive at Disney on May 24th and would love to see it!

DizneyFreak2002
04-28-2013, 10:41 PM
Ok. So how long will the Epcot sphere be transformed to look like Mike Wazowski? Is it just for that one night? We will arrive at Disney on May 24th and would love to see it!

It was just for the one night...

tundramom
04-29-2013, 10:43 PM
May 24th- my 50th Birthday!!! 10/10 crowd levels- "not for all the tea in China" as my grandmother used to say. We arrive May 30th which was originally a "2" day but they keep jacking the number up:(. I'm sure we'll have a wonderful time- 10 days and DD celebrates HS graduation and turns 18 this trip:cloud9:

DonaldDuckUSA
05-02-2013, 09:24 AM
Am I able to arrive at one am? I'm assuming it will be populated, but not swarming with people at 3 AM? What do you guys think? :secret:

Melanie
05-02-2013, 09:37 AM
Am I able to arrive at one am? I'm assuming it will be populated, but not swarming with people at 3 AM? What do you guys think? :secret:

You can arrive anytime you want, or at least that's how it worked for One More Disney Day.

During One More Disney Day, the Magic Kingdom at WDW really cleared out after I'd say about 1am. Comparing tweets from both coasts, Disneyland was much more crowded than WDW. So if I had to predict, no, Magic Kingdom will not be swarming with people at 3am. The only difference may be that this is a holiday weekend.

MOJoe
05-02-2013, 11:17 AM
You can arrive anytime you want, or at least that's how it worked for One More Disney Day.

During One More Disney Day, the Magic Kingdom at WDW really cleared out after I'd say about 1am. Comparing tweets from both coasts, Disneyland was much more crowded than WDW. So if I had to predict, no, Magic Kingdom will not be swarming with people at 3am. The only difference may be that this is a holiday weekend.

I have been to MK during Spring Break with 3 A.M. EMH hours. It was pretty crowded until after 1 A.M. then the crowds started thinning out fast. But EMH is only for resort guests.
So i wonder how much more crowded it will be since anyone with a ticket can enter, say at 1 A.M.?
Thoughts?