PDA

View Full Version : Yak and Yeti Restaurant

ASweetLov
03-30-2013, 10:45 AM
I made a lunch ADR here for the day we will be visiting Animal Kingdom. Since Animal Kingdom is a park that closes early and we never stay until closing time I was going to eat dinner somewhere else. But my fiance eats like a cow and I know will be hungry for lunch time. Took a look at the menus and figured that the menu for Yak and Yeti looked good. What are your opinions on Yak and Yeti?

mgmnut
03-30-2013, 11:39 AM
We enjoyed Yak and Yeti very much, both the sit down and the CS. If you are making dinner reservations somwhere else and don't want 2 sitdown meals in 1 day just go for the CS. It's like take out chinese, and it's good! You can add egg rolls on the side etc so you get plenty to eat. Either way I think you will enjoy.

SBETigg
03-30-2013, 12:24 PM
Yak and Yeti is pretty good. It is run by Landry, the chain restaurant people (Rainforest Cafe, T Rex) to give you an idea of what to expect. But that's possibly misleading because the food is much better at Yak and Yeti than I've had at the mentioned chains and it's filled with original art and artifacts that make it kind of intriguing to walk around. That said, there's a chain restaurant feel to the food and drink. Good food, but perhaps not the most unique. The wonton dessert is fabulous, though, a true standout.

Yak and Yeti and the quick service option are very different things, I want to add, considering previous response. You will not find the same kind of food offerings at both. The quick service is very takeout chinese sort of food, and not all that good at that. Not bad, just nothing memorable. If you're looking for quick service, you can't beat Flametree BBQ. But if you're looking for a good sit down in the park, Yak and Yeti is a good choice.

mdricks
03-30-2013, 01:26 PM
I love it but I eat at the bar.(mdricks at a bar, go figure)

If I find myself in AK at mealtime I go here.

:number1:t

akaDisneyDreamer
03-30-2013, 03:34 PM
We love the table service at Yak & Yeti! I had the Shaoxing Steak & Shrimp and it was delicious! My daughters had the Maple Tamarind Chicken and Crispy Honey Chicken and they loved it. We all had the Fried Wontons which are Skewers of fresh pineapple and cream cheese wontons, vanilla ice cream, honey vanilla drizzle for dessert and it was wonderful. This place is a must do again for us!

jillluvsdisney
03-30-2013, 06:33 PM
I have eaten 2 meals there and both were very good. The service was good also.

snowflakegirl
03-30-2013, 09:04 PM
I've eaten there twice and enjoyed it both times. I think I had the Maple Tamarind Chicken both times. Last time my husband had the seared miso salmon and that was also quite good. I loved the mango pie for desert.

NJGIRL
03-30-2013, 10:07 PM
My husband and I ate there for dinner last October and really liked it. We shared the vegetable lo mein and it was good. We had done the Wild African Safari in the morning and had a meal with that, so we weren't overly hungry but the plate was huge and we were stuffed by the time we left.

We actually liked their food more than the Nine Dragons at EPCOT

ASweetLov
03-30-2013, 11:35 PM
Thanks everyone! Cant wait to try it now :thumbsup: