PDA

View Full Version : Sanaa or Boma

goofy89
03-30-2013, 09:58 AM
Help me decide! Husband wants Boma because he is a fan of buffets and wants to be able to try different foods. I like the look of Sanaa and the animal views. If you had to pick one which would you choose and why?

CanadianWDWFan
03-30-2013, 11:01 AM
Sanaa hands down. We do like Boma but for us the selection of food as well as the view from Sanaa won us over. Sanaa is more of an Indian flavour with curries, samosas and other south Asian type dishes.

While we do enjoy the food at Boma we tend to find Boma very busy, especially at the mac and cheese and chicken strip lines. :confused: I don't understand why one would pay for Boma to get food that you can get at any quick service location.

There are so many exotic dishes to try out as well as an excellent carvery at Boma.

SBETigg
03-30-2013, 12:15 PM
Honestly, I love them both. Boma, for the variety of delicious food, Sanaa for both the atmosphere and good food.

If he's into variety, he should know that there are a few samplers on the menu, both appetizer and entree, dishes where you can try more than one thing at once at Sanaa. This could be your best of both worlds option. For entrees, I love the "Slow-cooked in gravy" options in which you choose to try two of six possibilities with rice.

But really, you can't go wrong with either choice. There's not much by way of atmosphere at Boma, but so many good things to try. If you have been to Boma, I would go with the new and try Sanaa. If you haven't been to either, it's a really tough choice but I would probably start with Boma.

gardenia
03-30-2013, 01:39 PM
Love them both, but Sanaa is a better overall experience. And Boma is more expen$ive. I love the salad sampler at Sanaa and often order it as my entree. And I prefer the view at Sanaa. One note - if you don't get a window table, please don't go stand next to window tables where others are seated to check out the view! I've had strangers practically sit at my table in order to see out the window. Just go to the public viewing area after dinner if you want to see animals.

moe513
03-31-2013, 10:57 AM
We have been to Boma's twice. Found it crowded and rushed. We went to Sanna's once and found it less crazy. It's much smaller. I liked the food better at Sanaa's too.

ThanxForNoticin
04-01-2013, 12:48 PM
Two or our favorite places to dine - can't go wrong with either. If you decide to do Sanaa for the view of the animals, make sure you are sitting down to eat during the daylight hours - it's a much better experience! Enjoy!

jjmouse
04-01-2013, 01:06 PM
If he likes to try different things Sanaa could be a good choice but I went with Boma because he has the the whole buffet at his hands and he can pick and choose what he wants as opposed to having to make a decision on what to order.

We didn't have the best experience at Sanaa unfortunately and we were looking so forward to it so that also plays a factor for my choice. We have eaten at Boma and we did enjoy it.

While Sanaa has some good animal views, if you don't have a window seat (and we did) it doesn't have that "wow" factor. The animals are still a little ways away and there's a great overlook to go out to (actually a few) before or after your meal.:thumbsup:

AgentC
04-01-2013, 03:42 PM
I have been to both and I give the edge to Sanaa. In fairness however part of the reason is I do prefer traditional dining to a buffet.

I think Sanaa has an excellent menu with quite a bit of variety. I enjoyed the bread sampler a great deal. The atmosphere is calmer and more relaxing. We did not have a Savannah view but it did not bother me.

Boma does have a very nice variety but I actually like more dishes on the Sanaa menu than Boma. I also find Boma to be louder and the wait tends to be longer.

Tinkermom
04-01-2013, 10:45 PM
Definitely Sanaa! Although we enjoy Boma the views and the food at Sanaa is amazing. The bread sampler and the braised short ribs are a favorite of both myself and DH. Save room for the chai cream dessert! :mickey:

PlutoPlanet
04-02-2013, 12:53 PM
Boma is far better IMHO. Boma has unique dishes. The "African inspired" theme isn't done anywhere else.

SBETigg
04-02-2013, 02:29 PM
Boma is far better IMHO. Boma has unique dishes. The "African inspired" theme isn't done anywhere else.

Well, it actually is at Sanaa, too. African/Indian. And at Tusker House.

MyDisneyworld
04-03-2013, 09:23 AM
Both are great but depends on what you want out of your dinning experience. I tend to like Boma more for the variety so I can try new things. At Boma if I don't like something I just go back up and try something else. I normally go up and just get a very small amount of everything to sample then go back up to get the things I really enjoy.
Either way i'm sure you will enjoy your meal.
Have a great trip.

darthmacho
04-03-2013, 04:48 PM
Sanaa looks great, but Boma is one of our favorite WDW restaurants. The kids really loved it, and that makes me happy. I can't get enough Zebra Domes!

Kairi_7378
04-03-2013, 07:57 PM
We have said for 3 trips now that we are going to try Boma, and haven't been able to squeeze it in yet. However, my 4-year-old requested Sanaa for his birthday meal in September. We made a very early ADR and were able to sit at a window.

My husband has travelled to India a few times and he said that a few of the dishes made him feel like he'd returned. He has never said that about a restaurant at home.

hauntedmansiongirl
04-04-2013, 12:12 AM
We love Boma. The soups are amazing! And you gotta love the zebra domes!

lawgirl
04-05-2013, 09:28 PM
I love them both, but I LOVE the atmosphere at Sanaa. Its pretty magical, compared to the relative chaos at Boma. But you can't go wrong with either.