PDA

View Full Version : Im planning to try again!

taleasoldastime
03-29-2013, 03:12 PM
So after my disney vacation this january that was full of food poisoning that lasted a week, I was really depressed that I felt like I spent most of my time in my hotel. Its not what I had hoped for. Fortunately that leaves me with an excuse to go back and redo! One of my girl friends has never been, so me and her are shooting to go next january for my birthday again! I can not wait!

things I want to do differently:

if it ends up just me and her going, I would like to check out caribbean beach resort for the first time. If we get a couple more people to go, we would like to try cabins at fort wilderness. What are your experiences with these places?

ive also been considerong doing a prepaid gift card instead of the dining plan. How has this worked for you if you have tried it?

Thanks in advance!

faline
03-29-2013, 03:15 PM
We've stayed at both. I know lots of folks really like the Carribbean but it is not my favorite moderate - most likely it's because our last experience there was not the best. We've stayed at the cabins several times and enjoyed it very much. Some folks do find the travel cumbersome (internal bus tor transfer to park busses).

Pre-paid gift cards should work just fine for your dining expenses.

Hope everything works out well for you!

1DisneyNut
03-29-2013, 07:17 PM
We have really enjoyed the fort wilderness cabins every time we have stayed there. The internal buses can be a bit irritating because you end up waiting on them and then get off and wait on the park buses. Waiting on one bus is bad enough. After our first stay at fort wilderness, on each subsequent visit we rented a golf cart from the meadows rental place and drove it around the resort and to/from the park bus stops eliminating the necessity for the internal buses. It costs a few bucks but its sort of fun just driving the golf cart around the resort sight seeing.....it adds something to the experience.

mgmnut
03-30-2013, 11:56 AM
Last trip we used a pre-paid card and stayed off the dining plan and it worked out fine. In fact we used the card for all the meals as well as all the extras like sodas, waters, snacks, souveniers, etc and still made out better. We didn't really budget either. We ate what we wanted when we wanted, sometimes got apps, sometimes not. I was shocked at how well it worked out.

We are going again in Aug and will do the same again.