PDA

View Full Version : Artist Point, Flying Fish, or Yachtsman Steakhouse?

AvonleaCF
03-29-2013, 09:28 AM
Going on a solo trip with the dining plan and want one signature and can't decide which one (I'm okay with giving up 2 credits for it cause it means I get one day when I don't have any ADRs to plan around). I've been to Le Cellier and Narcoossee's before, and I'd prefer a signature that's in a resort as opposed to a park.

Was thinking Artist Point because I've stayed at WL twice before and love the atmosphere, but I'm staying at BC so Flying Fish or Yachtsman are more convenient.

Any thoughts? Or is there a better sig not on my list? I'm good with any type of cuisine; more interested in a great experience (service, atmosphere, etc.) and somewhere solo-friendly.

TIA!

ETA: my other ADRs are: Biergarten, 50s Prime Time Cafe, Boma, Cape May Cafe, and Rose & Crown.

medic9016
03-29-2013, 10:00 AM
Artist Point. Best meal we have had on Disney property. Food and service were 5 star.

SBETigg
03-29-2013, 10:39 AM
Flying Fish, due to excellent food and service and convenient location. Maybe you can sit at the chef's table for a very special experience (and there's interaction, so you won't feel so alone).

I had a very underwhelming meal at Yachtsman. I don't feel that it deserves the signature status and I won't be back. Not that it was entirely bad, but there were substituted ingredients for listed ingredients or ingredients left off entirely. Not a good quality steak. And the Brussels sprouts were way overdone. Plus, our server was odd, never came back for refills, and when she was there, she kept telling us all about her cat's eating habits. Appetizing.

Dawn,DeniseandDiane
03-29-2013, 11:23 AM
Too funny, but honestly SBeTigg, I think we had near the same experience at YSH! Sounds verbatim what we experienced! Waitress and all! We won't be going back any time soon. We love the FF. We are trying Artist Point in Dec. really looking forward to it because of such good reviews.
We really appreciate all of the friendly Intercot family!

Dawn,Denise&Diane:wave::wave::wave:

SBETigg
03-29-2013, 11:38 AM
Too funny, but honestly SBeTigg, I think we had near the same experience at YSH! Sounds verbatim what we experienced! Waitress and all! We won't be going back any time soon. We love the FF. We are trying Artist Point in Dec. really looking forward to it because of such good reviews.
We really appreciate all of the friendly Intercot family!

Dawn,Denise&Diane:wave::wave::wave:

Wow, thank you! I've seen so many raves for Yachtsman, especially when I posted my review about my experience. I'm sorry you had an underwhelming experience, too, but good to know I'm not alone. It's rare that I won't give a restaurant a second chance, but this is one of those times.

cer
03-29-2013, 12:34 PM
I have heard really good things about Jiko. While I have never been, it sounds like the people who have dined there REALLY love it.

Just throwing that out there....

:)

AvonleaCF
03-29-2013, 04:27 PM
Thanks all! Now I'm between Artist Point and Flying Fish.

The only thing keeping Jiko off my list is that I already have an ADR at Boma, and I'm not sure if I want to trek out to the AKL twice.

SBETigg
03-29-2013, 06:20 PM
I haven't tried Artist Point but I'm sure it's also a good choice. You could make ADRs at one and change as it gets closer if you think you won't feel like one or the other for whatever reason. Considering you are a party of one, I think they could probably fit you in if you switched plans.

phlo8810
03-29-2013, 06:31 PM
I was disappointed with both YSH and AP on my last trip. Both were excellent before but lacked something this time around. Flying Fish however has never disappointed. Best mussells in the world! Also can I throw out Fultons Crab house? By far my favorite place on property or anywhere else for that matter. Ask for Robert to be your server guy is really cool and always goes the extra mile for you.

Kairi_7378
03-29-2013, 08:17 PM
We've had great meals at AP. It is one of the few places where we had a quiet meal in WDW :blush:

AvonleaCF
03-30-2013, 08:14 PM
Thanks for the advice! I'm going to make an ADR at Flying Fish. It would be nice to dress up a little without having to travel too far. :thumbsup:

mrte62
03-31-2013, 02:41 PM
DW and I have eaten at all three over the past two years and Artist Point gets our vote. Food and atmosphere were great. We both had the salmon. Just a really nice relaxing dinner with no odd or strange service!

We are partial to the WL anyway. :mickey:

jjmouse
04-01-2013, 01:24 PM
Wow, they were all of our favs at one time or another, even Jiko, but with the menu changes, etc it varies anymore.

We recently had a nice dinner at AP after a 5 yr hiatus because of a bad experience there. AP has everything to do with "service", as most of the restaurants do, but we had such a bad service issue last time it took us a LONG time to go back and then we got one of the best servers in all of WDW...I remembered this server from 7 yrs ago at another WDW restaurant! The food was good this past time and the service was excellent. I'm just afraid it's a "hit or miss" situation there depending on your server there.

We've always had a good experience at FF but I must say we ALWAYS sit at the kitchen counter as we love this area and will wait for a seat there (we're usually a party of 2 or 3 so it's not usually an issue). GREAT place to go if you're SOLO!:thumbsup: Sit at the open kitchen, very entertaining.:D

YSH was once one of favs but another place we didn't have a great experience at last time we went so still working on that "push" to return. It's quite pricey to still get to that point but I have heard good things about it lately.

Jiko has always been good, they've just taken a lot of the things I've enjoyed off the menu however if you see something to your liking I also recommend sitting at the Cooking Place "kitchen" there. The seating is limited but it's a great chance if you're solo.:thumbsup:

So my choices for you would be, da, da...
FF or Jiko (even if Jiko wasn't one of your choices)...if it's between FF or AP, I'd go with FF...a little more lively atmosphere and lots more to be entertained by if you sit at the open kitchen.:D

cmshelton1979
04-09-2013, 11:43 AM
I'd say Yachtsman or Artist Point. AP is special to me because it is in my home resort, but I had Yachtsman for the first time on our last trip and it became my fav!!!

SurferStitch
04-10-2013, 12:35 PM
Never been to YSH, but have been to AP and FF.

By far, Flying Fish is our favorite on your list. We were just there in October, and I had some of the best scallops ever. The wine selections is amazing. We also loved walking around the boardwalk after dinner to watch the performers and shop.

Artist Point was one of the worst meals we've ever had.... in WDW or anywhere. Terrible service (our server ignored us except to take our order in the beginning and our money at the end - the the place was barely half full). We were stuck in a corner behind a big post and the windows... which overlooked dozens of stacked deck chairs on the deck. Food was terribly bland, and my scallops were half raw and tasteless. Maybe a bad night, but we've never returned.