PDA

View Full Version : Carriage / Sleigh Ride POR or WL?

DANAM
03-27-2013, 10:34 PM
Hi trying to plan a trip during the holidays. I saw that WL offers sleigh rides for the holiday season but I didn't see them at Port Orleans. Port Orleans just has the carriage rides. First of all is there even a difference? Has anyone ever done this? Would my DD11 and DS9 find this entertaining? And which would you pick Wilderness Lodge or Port Orleans?
We will be driving in the night before we head to the parks and I thought this would be something nice to kick off the trip.

hauntedmansiongirl
03-28-2013, 02:47 AM
I'm pretty sure that the sleigh rides are through Fort Wilderness campground, not at WL. I would definitely do that one! The RVers all decorate their sites with lights and Christmas decorations and it is really pretty. And it is huge, so there is lots to see!

If I'm wrong, somebody please correct me!! :mickey:

Pirate Granny
03-28-2013, 06:43 AM
We did the ft wilderness this year....the carriage has runners and looks like a sleigh. We traveled through the RVs and the decorations were great! Money well spent....came with a blanket which we needed to use. Book ahead, we were the last day of November and it was totally pre-booked for the evening.

Katzateer
03-28-2013, 08:43 AM
We planned an evening to eat at Trails End and then a carriage ride from Ft. wilderness through the RV's that were decorated for the holidays. It was a lot of fun! We were at WDW the first week of December.

Dawn,DeniseandDiane
03-29-2013, 11:14 AM
We did Mickeys Backyard BBQ then walked to the stable area and rode the "sleigh". It was early December. It was really nice and a lot of fun meeting many of the campers whom have decorated their places. While we were waiting, we were given a tour of the stables too. It was really a highlight because we are HUGE animal lovers.
Hope this helps.

Dawn,Denise&Diane:wave::wave::wave: