PDA

View Full Version : Annual Pass Benefits

DVC2004
03-26-2013, 01:04 PM
So we haven't had one in years and I just wanted to ask what some current benefits are. In the last year or so we've been visiting Hawaii and Universal. We do get a DVC discount on the annual pass. We booked a very short notice trip on cash for the end of April.

We have all our points tied up in our Aulani reservation for this summer and aren't interested in adding on at this time. We will be in FL for 7 days and currently booked a room only ressie at PORFQ. We are going back and forth about how many days we actually want to spend in the parks. I think we will spend 4 days. Not sure if we will go back again before April next year but we could. A pass would be an excuse to go back in the fall or early winter next year.

I remember a room discount. I wonder if it would be significant enough? We can already buy TIW card being DVC members so that particular perk doesn't matter. Anything else worth noting and any details on the room discount? I can still cancel and rebook.

Also can I rebook for discount when I order the pass or does none of the go into effect until it's activated?

You think I would know all of this but it's been awhile. I don't think I have had a pass since 05 or 06 and after than I worked for Dis so I got in for free.

DizneyRox
03-26-2013, 01:23 PM
You can book an AP discounted room without a pass. Policy is though, it must be actived when you check in, a voucher is not supposed to be acceptable.

faline
03-26-2013, 01:23 PM
I'd suggest working with Magical Journeys (http://yourmagicaljourneys.com/)on your room reservations. They can help you with what discounts are available. You don't need to have an annual pass in your possession at the time you book a room with an annual pass discount but you will need it before you can check in. Annual pass room discounts may not always be available and the discount, if available, may depend on the type of accommodations you're booking and/or whether the rooms from that resort at the discount price are already booked.

If you're only going for 11 days total in the next year and you're not going to spend that number of days in the parks, an annual pass might not be worthwhile but you'd need to do the math.

Other annual pass discounts include discounts on shopping, dining, and tours. I typically recommend you base your annual pass purchase decision based solely on whether or not the number of days you enter the parks makes the purchase worthwhile.

DVC2004
03-26-2013, 01:29 PM
Thank you both- good advice. I will definitely contact Magical Journeys to ask about the room discounts for the pass for the time we are staying- as well as have them rebook for me if it makes sense. I think we will have to have along talk tonight about how many days we will visit between end of April 2013-2014. Thanks again! :mickey: