PDA

View Full Version : Souvenirs

Mojo
03-26-2013, 09:48 AM
Is there a place in Orlando that you can buy the same merchandise that is in the parks? We are heading down Friday and my to kids can't wait!!:thumbsup:

Strmchsr
03-26-2013, 10:05 AM
Not that I know of. There's a bunch of rip-off places that have various kinds of Disney merchandise and even Target and Wal-Mart have Disney World stuff. Some of it is fairly nice, and some of it is junk. Most of the official stuff you find in those off-site places is clearance or outdated. Disney is pretty protective on their stuff - if it's official park merchandise you'll only find it at the park or online at the Disney Store.

azcavalier
03-26-2013, 10:21 AM
Each of the two outlet malls along I-4 have Disney Outlets (called Disney's Character Warehouse) in them with official Disney Parks Merchandise. It's where they clear out the park stuff. We usually hit one of these. We've bought pins, watches, parka/ponchos, photo albums, books, antenna toppers, princess dresses, pajamas, golf polos, fleece blankets, even a Jim Shore figurine. The CM's that work there even pin trade like in the parks. It is as Disney as they come.

Just remember, it's not like you can see something in the park, and then go to the outlet to get it for less. This is clearance stuff.

etibbetts
03-26-2013, 11:44 AM
I would second hitting the character warehouse. You can get some great deals on great stuff!

Capt_redshirt
03-26-2013, 01:46 PM
are you flying in? if so MCO has a disney store in the airport

Mojo
03-26-2013, 02:24 PM
We are driving down. Thanks for the info about the malls. My kids will not be picky about it being last years stuff. They are happy with anything disney. Me and the wife are goint to try and buy some small toys/gifts that the kids don't know about and put them out for the kids to find when we get back. Kind of like a Disney surprise.

sassafras
03-26-2013, 06:50 PM
The "designer" mall down on Vineland has a Disney Character Connection. We've got some really good deals on shirts, sweatshirts and collectibles there.(Even stuffed toys for the granddaughters) The other one at the outlet mall at the end of International Drive also has a good variety of things. Like the previous posters stated, the items sold there are what they have cleared out of the parks. We always find it worth the trip.

PETE FROM NYC
03-27-2013, 04:36 PM
I don't think you can go 500 ft. on any main drag w/o hitting a store selling WDW themed stuff.