PDA

View Full Version : Supper at Be Our Guest in July . . .

Janmac
03-26-2013, 09:35 AM
Spoke to a dining CM this morning about eating at BOG in July. She said they are not taking any July reservations and cancellations are not going back into the system, as they are overbooked.

Didn't ask her about June or August.

She also said her system was down this morning - 8:30 am CDT - and she couldn't make any reservations anywhere. I had called because I couldn't get through on the internet ressie system.

Only talked to this one CM so don't know how accurate this info is.

Jan

VWL Mom
03-26-2013, 10:13 AM
Spoke to a dining CM this morning about eating at BOG in July. She said they are not taking any July reservations and cancellations are not going back into the system, as they are overbooked.

Jan

My goodness, they really need to stop rolling out the enhancements and start rectifying the MDE site. If they're overbooking restaurants I can't imagine what adding resort wide Fastpass+ to an already overworked/flawed system will do.

megustamex
03-26-2013, 05:44 PM
We were just there last week. I overheard someone asking about dinner reservations and the CM said they were booked through September.

We did lunch instead. I wasn't thrilled with it. It was fine but the food was nothing special. The restaurant is worth seeing. I was glad I didn't pay twice the price for dinner (I did have a coveted dinner reservation that I cancelled after having lunch there).

steph436
03-26-2013, 07:35 PM
My son really wanted to eat at BOG during our July trip. I tried to get an ADR for months - hoping for a cancellation. I guess now I know why it didn't work out. :unsure:

doombuggygal
03-27-2013, 04:17 AM
I got lucky and snagged a reservation last night for 9/19. I just kept checking the website for availability and one suddenly appeared!

If you are not able to get a reservation for dinner, I would do the lunch. If you don't mind the 45 min- 1 hour wait to get in, it's really nice. We did it in February and were not disappointed. Doesn't really feel like counter service because the food is served tableside and you get to pick which room you want to eat in.

ledudes
03-27-2013, 08:19 AM
I made a reservation for September, but I'm not sure if we should go for dinner or just go at lunch time. It sounds like the experience is pretty similar regardless of which meal you go for. Is that true? I don't really love the look of the dinner menu, I just thought it might be more convenient having a reservation since it sounds like the lunch time wait can be long. For anyone who has been, do you think I would see just as much going for lunch as going for dinner?

megustamex
03-27-2013, 09:54 AM
I actually felt like we got to see more at lunch. From what I understand, at dinner, you are assigned seating. At lunch, you get to pick which room you want to sit in. My daughter really wanted to sit in the west wing so we did. We were completely free to wander at lunch and check out all the rooms for as long as we wanted. We only waited 20 minutes, and that was last week.

kakn7294
03-27-2013, 11:17 AM
Gee, I guess I should consider myself lucky that we got our reservation for June.

renecat
04-04-2013, 12:36 PM
We had lunch there in Jan. it was a wait but you should see it at least once. My food was very good.

FLKatie912
04-05-2013, 06:54 AM
My goodness, they really need to stop rolling out the enhancements and start rectifying the MDE site. If they're overbooking restaurants I can't imagine what adding resort wide Fastpass+ to an already overworked/flawed system will do.

Luckily, the MDE has no connection to the "a la carte" system that is used by the Disney Dining line and the resort Concierge. :thumbsup: It's just a system that goes down sometimes just like the room reservation system or the credit card machines at the merchandise locations.

In addition, last time I checked, you were unable to book BOG on MDE because it requires the credit card guarantee like signature experiences and character.

FLKatie912
04-05-2013, 06:56 AM
I made a reservation for September, but I'm not sure if we should go for dinner or just go at lunch time. It sounds like the experience is pretty similar regardless of which meal you go for. Is that true? I don't really love the look of the dinner menu, I just thought it might be more convenient having a reservation since it sounds like the lunch time wait can be long. For anyone who has been, do you think I would see just as much going for lunch as going for dinner?

You will actually "see" more going for lunch because there is an additional room that is open for seating that is not open for dinner time. However, the Beast will not make appearances at lunch time only dinner.

luvkatiebug
04-05-2013, 12:04 PM
Guess I should feel lucky that I got one for July! We are eating there for my birthday - Yeah! :party2:

CuteAsMinnie
04-07-2013, 12:04 PM
Guess I should feel lucky that I got one for July! We are eating there for my birthday - Yeah! :party2:

We were able to get July dinner ressies - thank u IPO!

Seriously.

Janmac
04-11-2013, 04:42 PM
However, the Beast will not make appearances at lunch time only dinner.

I have heard from several CMs that there are no characters at all at the restaurant, lunch or supper.

Jan

FLKatie912
04-12-2013, 08:41 AM
I have heard from several CMs that there are no characters at all at the restaurant, lunch or supper.

Jan

Well, that is correct for lunch. There are no characters. However, it's very incorrect for dinner. I have pictures with the Beast from both times I've dined there for dinner. :mickey: However, it's not a character dining experience where characters come around to the tables.

DisneyGiant
04-12-2013, 03:40 PM

Another lucky July person here. Not my birthday though :)

phlo8810
04-17-2013, 10:13 PM
We just ate there on Sunday and I must say it was terrific! Everything from the food to service to the atmosphere was amazing. The beast makes an appearance every 20 mins or so. He doesn't stop just walks around checks both rooms and returns to where he came from. After dinner you can go into another room to meet him and have a pic taken. I was blown away by the huge window where they made it snow. It wasn't just falling but it was blowing in the wind and swirling all around. Also frost would form on the windows. Very cool. I asked one of our waitresses why is this not a 2 ticket place she said it was because there is a certain criteria that a restaurant must reach to be signature. One of them is having a full bar with top shelf liquors which BOG will never have. Therefore this should continue to be the best deal on property for years to come if you do the DDP.

WhiteRose1
04-18-2013, 03:12 PM
Our IPs got us a Oct 8 ressie for BOG Dinner, but we wanted Oct 6...which is already booked out!!

Good luck with July!!

garthbarth1
04-20-2013, 03:35 PM
What room is there snow in the window? We will have to be sure and check it out. :mickey: we have ADR for Oct for 6 people but we need it for 7! The suggested I call to try and modify to add another person but so far no luck! They said we can also stop in at the restaurant when it opens that day to see if we can add the person. If we wait to do that and they say no then we cancel and have to pay the fee. Here's hoping for a modified reservation!!!

azcavalier
04-20-2013, 11:15 PM
What room is there snow in the window?

It's the main dining room, AKA "The Ballroom". It's the one modeled after the room that Belle and the Beast are dancing in during the movie. One end of the room is floor to ceiling windows, and behind it is projected snow and a landscape. It's pretty neat. I wish that it would change scenes...day to night, various seasons, etc. But i'll take it.

garthbarth1
04-21-2013, 03:03 PM
Great! Thanks for the info!

"SULLEY "RULES!!
04-22-2013, 03:48 PM
My husband & I will be going to BOG restaurant on October 21st...cannot wait!!!!
Made dining reservations yesterday.
I was very pleased that we got all of our choices and times.:congrats:

Next trip: 10/18/13 to 10/26/13
anniversary trip ( celebrating 16 magical years )
:bride::groom:

Checkers
04-22-2013, 10:11 PM
:mickey:Going in Oct. with my niece and her family plus my twin sister and we were able to get BOG dinner reservations on 10/16 for my grandniece's 11th birthday (shhh, it's a surprise). It was just a stroke of luck after several attempts. We also got O'Hana's, CRT (breakfast) & Via Napoli (lunch). The rest we are just winging it.

Good luck to those who are still trying for that BOG ressie!