PDA

View Full Version : Candy Cane Inn?

EeyoresBestFriend
03-25-2013, 11:24 PM
For anyone that has stayed there in the last while, what was the breakfast like and were you able to see fireworks from anywhere at the resort? How far a walk from there to the parks?
Is a standard room pretty good?

Thanks in advance :thumbsup:

tinkwest
04-01-2013, 06:42 PM
Typical continental type buffet - pastries, bagels, bread for toast, waffles, fruit, yogurt, cold cereal, milk, coffee, juice - with tables both inside or outside by the pool. Although nothing "special" it was all tasty and fresh. Nothing seemed old and stale.

Walking to the parks is maybe a mile. It is a nice pathway/sidewalk all the way and is a nice option to using the shuttle if you don't want to wait. That being said, the shuttle is a nice option especially at the end of the day when taking one more step may feel like a chore! I think pick up is every half hour if I remember correctly. Very convenient.

Our room was just slightly larger than a standard because we had a group of five and needed room for an extra bed. If you have four or less I think a standard would be quite comfortable.

The hotel property is behind Cars Land so, although I never tried to watch the fireworks from there, I assume it would not be an ideal spot for viewing fireworks.

Lacy
04-16-2013, 09:23 PM
I am a huge fan of Candy Cane Inn and if I don't stay on property than I stay at Candy Cane. The breakfast is always good and like others have said nothing special but I'm picky and always find something I like that gets me through the morning.

I don't think it is even a mile to the park. A very short walk and nice that you don't have to cross major streets.

I have never tried to watch fireworks from there but my educated guess is that you can't see them now even if you used to because Cars Land and Radiator Springs Racers is so close to the property.

I have always been impressed by the customer service and cleanliness!!!

clausjo
04-17-2013, 10:11 AM
We stayed there in October and it was great! Like others have said, the breakfast is nothing fancy, but good enough to get you through the morning and out the door.

The walk is not long, less than a mile and on the same side of the street as the parks.

We had a standard room and it was fine for the 4 of us, very clean. We were there as a belated birthday celebration for my daughter and they had cookies and a card waiting in the room for her; so nice and she was just over the moon about it.

We would definately stay there again.

EeyoresBestFriend
04-18-2013, 08:20 PM
Wonderful!

Thank you so much! :thumbsup:

Disney4us2
04-19-2013, 04:49 PM
I almost booked there, but they could not guarantee a ground floor room. I was told that they do not have elevators and I use a scooter.

tinkwest
04-19-2013, 06:22 PM
Marci,
Last October I booked a Deluxe room rather than a Standard room and asked if I could have a ground room floor. I was having trouble with my knee and was using a cane at time. I was told that all Deluxe rooms were on the ground floor.

Disney4us2
04-22-2013, 12:57 PM
Linda,

I didn't specify what room type. Just wanted a ground floor. I ended up using my points at the Disneyland Hotel. :mickey:

Haunt1000
06-19-2013, 01:32 PM
I stayed at the Candy Cane in July of last year. We specifically asked for a room with a view of the fireworks. We were given a second floor room on the 7-11 side of the hotel. I liked the second floor for the added security as my wife liked to head back with the kids before I would. THat being said the stroller was difficult to manage up and down the stairs. Especially with a sleeping three year old.

We sat in bed each night we were not in the park and watched the fireworks. The view is not the greatest as you are looking over the the rest of the Candy Cane Inn and around some palm trees, but it was perfect for us. You can walk along the south balcony infront of any room and see the show.

The walk to the main gates is a breeze. The last night my wife and kids took the shuttle and I walked. It takes less than 10 minutes each way and again there are no major streets to cross. Just crosswalks at the main Disneyland entrance and drop off area driveways. I would say it more like half a mile. The sidewalk is wide and smooth with many plants around.

The continental breakfast is great all things considered. We brought chocolate chip muffins and fruit into the park each day and walked with our coffee to the gate. Yogurt, cereal, juice, and other pastries were all fresh and tasty. Get down there early in the peak season or you may be chilly out by the pool. The inside seating is tight after 7:30 am on busy days.

Other benefits are the walking distances to 7-11, IHOP, Subway, and other very close resturaunts and stores. I would personnaly hit the ABC Store on my way back for lunch and swimming and enjoy a cocktail by the pool.:marg: It was a perfect break in the middle of the day.

I have stayed at more than 15 hotels around DLR. Candy Cane Inn is at the top of my list!

tinkwest
06-19-2013, 02:48 PM
...The walk to the main gates is a breeze. The last night my wife and kids took the shuttle and I walked. It takes less than 10 minutes each way and again there are no major streets to cross. Just crosswalks at the main Disneyland entrance and drop off area driveways. I would say it more like half a mile. The sidewalk is wide and smooth with many plants around. ...

You're right. Your estimate of a half mile walk is probably more accurate than my earlier mention of a mile.