PDA

View Full Version : When to go?

Tri Minnie
03-25-2013, 02:01 PM
While we know our children would likely enjoy DL at almost any age, we are trying to determine when might be the best age to go. Given the distance and flight costs, we figure we might be able to take them twice in their childhood. They are currently 1, 2, and 4. I should also mention that if height matters for a lot, our oldest still hasn't reached 40 inches. One thing I was thinking about was whether we should wait until the youngest was 40 inches. We haven't worried about this at WDW, but we have been fortunate to travel there more regularly. I appreciate any advice. Thank you!

tinkwest
03-31-2013, 08:44 PM
Personally I'd wait a couple of years. While the youngest may enjoy it at one year old, he will not have a memory of it. I think our kids' fondest childhood memories of Disneyland are from between the ages of 5 and 13.

Tri Minnie
04-01-2013, 01:32 PM
Thank you for the advice and for responding. We are definitely leaning towards waiting, but it is always helpful to hear the experience of others.

Disney_pups2
04-07-2013, 03:14 PM
Personally I believe that some of the best memories for YOU are when they are younger!! It is nice to go at different ages so that you can see their personalities grow in the new surrounding. I wouldn't worry too much about height as most things are kid friendly with an adult along of course. For us, cost is always a factor and frankly, you aren't paying more than lap for the younger ones for flights and no tickets into the parks which is nice for all! I'd say go for it. We have done those ages in Disney several times over the years and never regretted it!

eeyorepoohfan
05-02-2013, 05:25 PM
Personally I believe that some of the best memories for YOU are when they are younger!! It is nice to go at different ages so that you can see their personalities grow in the new surrounding. I wouldn't worry too much about height as most things are kid friendly with an adult along of course. For us, cost is always a factor and frankly, you aren't paying more than lap for the younger ones for flights and no tickets into the parks which is nice for all! I'd say go for it. We have done those ages in Disney several times over the years and never regretted it!

I agree! Remember when they are under 3 they are free to get in and I believe 2 and under on flights they can fly free on the lap! So that would save you some money now. It will be fun for everyone while you are there. No, the little ones probably won't remember the trip, but you guys can still make some memories! However, if you really want them to "maybe" remember the trip, then you will have to wait several more years. See what makes the most sense for your family and enjoy whenever you decide is best to go! Watch for flight deals, Southwest just started one that could save you quite a bit!