PDA

View Full Version : Wheel chair & boarding rides?

casey@bat
03-24-2013, 06:36 PM
My daughter has a broken ankle with a cast on it. We leave Friday for Disney. She'll be in a wheel chair. Do we need to bring crutches for her to use to get from her chair to the ride or will her wheel chair go right up to the boarding areas?

Strmchsr
03-24-2013, 08:28 PM
Most rides you can get close but she'll need to be able to go a little bit away from the wheelchair so you should bring crutches or someone will need to support her while she gets to the ride. Usually the rides are marked as "must transfer" and those are the ones where your wheelchair can't get to the ride. A lot of those are the ones kids like so having crutches would be very helpful.

kakn7294
03-24-2013, 11:56 PM
I'd definitely bring the crutches! There are some rides that she can stay in the wheelchair or get very close for transfer but there are some that she will need to be a short distance away and crutches will make that transfer much easier. The cast members out front of each attraction should be able to guide you as to whether she will need the crutches to transfer or not.

casey@bat
03-25-2013, 04:16 PM
Thanks! I forgot about the buses! We will definately take the crutches.