PDA

View Full Version : Lines

KiNg4aDaY
03-24-2013, 02:56 PM
How have the lines been at WDW these past couple weeks? Im just curious because I have an app on my phone that shows wait times, and it shows waits for most rides right now of under 10 minutes! I thought this was supposed to be spring break crowds and really crazy busy.

I am leaving on the 8th of April and coming back on the 13th. Do you think that the crowds will be lighter than they are now? I'm just curious, I'm going that week regardless. :cool:

Strmchsr
03-24-2013, 03:39 PM
Crowds have been considerably large, as usual, for this week. The reason your app was showing those wait times at that moment is because WDW was under a tornado warning from 2-3 pm EDT and, thus, all rides were shut down and no one was in line. But, before that TT was up at 2 1/2 hours, Soarin was 2 hours, SM was over an hour, as was Splash Mtn. So, normal stuff this time of the year.

SBETigg
03-24-2013, 06:14 PM
I just left last night and the past few days were crazy busy at all parks, not many 10 minute waits. The app wasn't always accurate, I want to add. It lagged behind by about ten-twenty minutes or more it seemed, and sometimes those ten minutes brought big changes in posted wait times and FP return times. It gives you an idea of maybe what to expect, but it's not solid.

Also, anyone who goes by the Unofficial Guide might be surprised (or not) to hear that I found it wildly inaccurate for this trip. It may be that so many people follow it that it has become counter-intuitive to use it, or it might be that they just underestimated. But their "best park" choices were inevitably the wrong park to be in and we were glad we had hoppers to try someplace new, often the park they said to avoid and that park to avoid turned out to be the less crowded feeling/shorter wait times each time.

epceddie
03-25-2013, 12:36 AM
I subscribe to Touring Plans and they weren't even close to being right during our trip back in December. We were expecting light crowds, but all the parks were crazy busy, the monorails were standing room only, and we saw some of the biggest lines we've ever seen at the TTC. People were lined up all the way down the ramps to the entrance area. We were happy we were there more to enjoy OKW than the parks.

Strmchsr
03-25-2013, 12:24 PM
Just to back up what we were saying yesterday, as of this moment (12:30 pm EDT) MK is already at Phase 3 closing. So, yep, it's pretty busy.

ibelieveindisneymagic
03-25-2013, 03:11 PM
That is crazy! Easter week is always insane though!