PDA

View Full Version : 4 adult females needing privacy

ginny57
03-23-2013, 07:02 PM
I'm planning a trip to WDW in the fall with 3 of my friends. I am trying to decide on accommodations and need some advice / ideas. The goal is a place where we can each have our own bed....and keep the costs reasonable. So what do you think?

Pirate Granny
03-23-2013, 07:40 PM
Two value rooms = four beds, a bathroom in each room. Cheapest option if you need four beds. Or more expensive...the wilderness campgrounds...one full and bunk beds in the bedroom and Murphy bed in living room...only one bathroom, but a full kitchen. Most expensive, Tree House Villas...three bedrooms two baths, BUT the one bedroom has bunk beds...but an additional pull out couch in the living room, full kitchen.

Madame Leona
03-23-2013, 09:59 PM
:ditto:
I have to agree with the two values option. 4 beds/2 bathrooms seems like the best option.

mechanic
03-24-2013, 02:59 AM
You didn't mention if you were only considering on site hotels?

VWL Mom
03-24-2013, 07:20 AM
Two rooms probably would afford you the most privacy and value would be the cheapest but depending on the your style of vacationing, you may want to explore other options.

Are you going to be park commandos or will you be looking to enjoy some resort time? If the later than maybe a mod would be better suited. Are there any teachers, medical, or military in your group? If so then check the rates at the Swan and Dolphin for special offers.

Lots of options out there, can really make ones head spin.

BrerGnat
03-24-2013, 08:02 AM
There are, indeed lots of options.

Two rooms at any resort, Value, Moderate, or Deluxe. 2 bedroom villa at any of the DVC resorts. A suite.

It would help a LOT of you could give us a ballpark estimate of how much each of you is comfortable spending per night.

ginny57
03-24-2013, 08:14 AM
I am usually an on site kinda gal but not adverse to other options since we'll have a car and my annual pass takes care of parking. We do want some down time to enjoy the resort and the budget is not unlimited....would like to stay under $300 a night (total) if we can.

Hammer
03-24-2013, 10:27 AM
When do you all want to go on this trip? Since you have an AP, you could get 2 rooms at a moderate or the Swan and Dolphin and keep to the $300 budget. Personally, Swan/Dolphin would be my first choice, followed by Coronado Springs. More adult, good pool bars and deluxe amenities.

BrerGnat
03-24-2013, 10:57 AM
You might want to look at the Hilton Bonnet Creek. They routinely have rooms around the $150/night range, and they offer specials often. It's technically on property, but not a "Disney" hotel. Also, maybe look at the hotels at Downtown Disney area. There are many there you could get for under $150/night per room.

The Swan/Dolphin will be hard to get in your budget. While they sometimes have rates around $129-149, they also add a resort and parking fee, to the tune of another $31 per day, plus tax, so that might stretch it a bit.

Hammer
03-24-2013, 11:25 AM
You might want to look at the Hilton Bonnet Creek. They routinely have rooms around the $150/night range, and they offer specials often. It's technically on property, but not a "Disney" hotel. Also, maybe look at the hotels at Downtown Disney area. There are many there you could get for under $150/night per room.

The Swan/Dolphin will be hard to get in your budget. While they sometimes have rates around $129-149, they also add a resort and parking fee, to the tune of another $31 per day, plus tax, so that might stretch it a bit.

Another hotel in the area by Bonnet Creek is the Waldorf Astoria. Also offers good rates. Personally, luxurious surrondings and amenities are important to us on our Girls weekends, so I would go with a place like the Waldorf, Bonnet Creek, Hilton at DTD, Swan/Dolphin or Coronado (the last 2 if you can get an AP rate) in that order. If you all plan to be park commandos, 2 rooms at value would suffice.

jonahbear2006
03-26-2013, 03:52 AM
I would book a deluxe room for 5 and bank on sharing the cost of the room. Someone would have to share a bed, two people but if you are girls I could see that being an option. I would rather have the accommodations of staying at a deluxe resort and taking turns sharing a bed, rather than to have the sleep alone option and stay at a value resort.

BrerGnat
03-26-2013, 08:52 AM
I would book a deluxe room for 5 and bank on sharing the cost of the room. Someone would have to share a bed, two people but if you are girls I could see that being an option. I would rather have the accommodations of staying at a deluxe resort and taking turns sharing a bed, rather than to have the sleep alone option and stay at a value resort.

I agree with this. However, for a budget of $300 per night MAX, this eliminates most Deluxe resorts with a daybed, unless they use a significant discount.

mdricks
03-26-2013, 12:19 PM
I travel every year with a group of four guys. Typically we have gotten two rooms at pop with a request for adjoining rooms top floor. We have always travelled during food and wine and have never had our requests denied.

On average, we are able to keep the housing under 600-700 total for 3 nights (ap and aaa discounts have been used).

4 beds, 2 bathrooms, top floor so no stompers above you. Transportation is adequate and food is also better than many other values.

This has worked very well for us.

:number1:

bruin1344
03-26-2013, 01:01 PM
Another vote for 2 value rooms unless there are discounts out there for 2 moderate rooms.

ginny57
03-26-2013, 06:59 PM
Wow....so many good ideas - thanks!

I prefer a Mod (like a hot tub) but Pop may be the way to go unless I can get a good discount on a Mod.

Wish me luck!

roses
03-28-2013, 07:18 PM
You could look into renting from DVC. That way you could get a 2 bedroom. Just a suggestion!

disneynarula
03-29-2013, 04:36 AM
We stayed offsite a few months ago. We rented a condo in the Windsor Hills Resort. We had a three bedroom/two bath condo for $100/night. There was a lovely pool and a hot tub. It was closer to the Disney Parks than some of the Disney Resort Hotels.

Otherwise two rooms at a value resort might be your best option. I would not want to share a bathroom with three other women.