PDA

View Full Version : Breakfast at the value resorts

Scrappy2
03-23-2013, 09:44 AM
During our upcoming trip we will not be staying on property. We have 19 going for 9 nights so we opted for a house instead. My question is my grandson loves the Mickey waffles. We usually stay at Pop and he gets them several mornings. My question is can we drive to Pop one morning, eat breakfast then drive over to the park. When we checked in last month at Pop they checked our DL and name and then checked to see if our name was on the list to check in. They have never done that in the past so I was not sure if they would be ok with 4-5 car loads coming to eat breakfast.

Tekneek
03-23-2013, 10:02 AM
I don't think they would allow that, but I wouldn't know for certain. Only Disney can truly make that call.

The only loophole I know of, regarding getting to a value resort that you're not staying at, is to catch a bus for it from Downtown Disney or one of the parks.

caryrae
03-23-2013, 10:02 AM
You should be able to. We have eaten at Resorts we weren't staying at and never had a problem even when we stayed off site.

Tekneek
03-23-2013, 10:39 AM
You should be able to. We have eaten at Resorts we weren't staying at and never had a problem even when we stayed off site.

But at a regular food court in a Value? Gotta wonder why they even bother checking lists then. I understand when there is a special restaurant.

caryrae
03-23-2013, 10:50 AM
Aren't you allowed to visit resorts though and they give you a pass good for a few hours or something.

Tekneek
03-23-2013, 10:55 AM
Aren't you allowed to visit resorts though and they give you a pass good for a few hours or something.

I wasn't aware, but I will certainly ask next time I am down there. I worry if they might be reluctant if you have several cars full of people, though.

Scrappy2, I would call ahead and see if you can make arrangements with them directly. It probably wouldn't be too much of a hassle if you guys were already on property, but might be better to talk with someone before you load up that entire crew and get turned away after a long discussion with security.

caryrae
03-23-2013, 11:05 AM
Here's a thread that will help. http://intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=197862&highlight=visit+resorts

Tekneek
03-23-2013, 11:18 AM
That is excellent.

My only concern would be so many vehicles all together showing up to visit at once. I would hate to organize that only to have somebody turn us away. Good luck, Scrappy2. I would be very interested in knowing if you have any trouble with this. Sounds like you should be able to pull it off, though. Thanks for the research, caryrae.

This will be useful on our next trip. My wife wants to get pictures of all of the kids next to some of the Dalmatians over at All Star Movies, despite us staying at Port Orleans Riverside. Knowing we should be able to just drive over at our convenience is helpful.

caryrae
03-23-2013, 11:23 AM
I would guess Disney would love it because they are spending money, be it eating or shopping and may get some people excited to stay where they visit at some point. We have visited POR, Boardwalk, Poly, and CR. It's fun just checking out different Resorts and checking out the grounds and the shops.

big blue and hairy
03-23-2013, 03:47 PM
You can do anything that you pay for at any of the resorts. Breakfast should not be a problem at all.

:sulley:

disneydeb
03-23-2013, 04:22 PM
or... go to ebay, find a mickey waffle maker, make bunch and freeze them for a quick breakfast in the morning and eat them at your vacaton house before you drive to the parks.:mickey:

that would save money, save time and you would still have your waffle maker!

VWL Mom
03-23-2013, 05:04 PM
or... go to ebay, find a mickey waffle maker, make bunch and freeze them for a quick breakfast in the morning and eat them at your vacaton house before you drive to the parks.:mickey:

that would save money, save time and you would still have your waffle maker!

I think that's an awesome idea! That way he could have his favorite Mickey waffles every day.