PDA

View Full Version : Departure day breakfast

DANAM
03-22-2013, 11:45 PM
Does anyone have any suggestions for a departure day breakfast. We will be there for New Years leaving tgevfirst week if January. We normally do 'Ohana but the past 2 time we weren't impressed. For the miney I would rather a better meal. We normally eat around 10am before we drive the 10 hours back home. We won't have park tickets that day so anywhere in a park is out. We aren't fans of Chef Mickey or Cape May Cafe. My kids are 12 and 9 so characters are optional. We are staying at AoA but again we have our own vehicle. Any suggestion would be great.

wildernesslady
03-23-2013, 07:56 AM
Kona or Boma are delicious for breakfast.

VWL Mom
03-23-2013, 08:27 AM
Kona is a favorite of ours. I have read great reviews here on both The Wave and Grand Flo Cafe and will be giving them a try this summer. If you're looking for characters, you could try 1900 Park Fare.

caryrae
03-23-2013, 09:53 AM
We had the Kona cafe for breakfast a couple trips ago and thought it was very good. Had the Kona Coffee French Press Pot and Tonga Toast which was awesome.

Kairi_7378
03-23-2013, 12:19 PM
I'd go with Kona, Kouzzina, or Boma.

Pirate Granny
03-23-2013, 01:30 PM
We really enjoyed 1900 Park Fare at the GF...characters are different and buffet was great...

PlutoLover
03-23-2013, 01:43 PM
if you are open to driving out of the "Disney" area International Drive has tons of options that are probably somewhat cheaper

DANAM
03-23-2013, 03:10 PM
Are characters different at 1900 Park Fare different at breakfast then dinner? We are going for dinner and haven't been for breakfast in a while. I'm going to check out the menus at all of your suggestions. Thanks

Pirate Granny
03-23-2013, 04:14 PM
Alice and the Mad Hatter are at breakfast...I forgot who the other two are...I think tigger and hummmm ????

Madame Leona
03-23-2013, 10:03 PM
KONA!!! It's a favortie of mine but it seems like we never make it there. With two little ones, I'm usually outvoted and we end up at Chef Mickey's.

TinkerbellT421
03-23-2013, 10:16 PM
I really enjoyed the food for breakfast at Garden Grove at the Swan. The characters were scarce so it wasn't very good as far as character interaction. But the food was absolutely delicious.

BrerGnat
03-24-2013, 08:09 AM
Our favorite breakfast spot is Captain's Grill at the Yacht Club. They have a VERY good, high quality buffet for around $16/adult, $10 per child. No characters, which is fine with us, but all you can eat for that price is really a great value. There is also an a la carte menu. The food was very, very good. We ate there on the last morning before having to fly home cross country and it worked out really well. We weren't hungry for the rest of the day!

Lindsey310
03-24-2013, 02:23 PM
We consistently choose Kona as our departure day breakfast and are always so happy we do.
Other good choices would be Boma (if you really want to eat a lot) and Olivia's at OKW is good too. :eat:

#1donaldfan
03-27-2013, 12:53 PM
Boma !! We have started a tradition of eating breakfast there before heading out !!! It is the best breakfast on property.....IMHO !!!:thumbsup:

Donald Duck
03-27-2013, 01:32 PM
Our favorite breakfast spot is Captain's Grill at the Yacht Club. They have a VERY good, high quality buffet for around $16/adult, $10 per child. No characters, which is fine with us, but all you can eat for that price is really a great value. There is also an a la carte menu. The food was very, very good. We ate there on the last morning before having to fly home cross country and it worked out really well. We weren't hungry for the rest of the day!

I agree BrerGnat. Whenever we stay at the BC we always eat breakfast at the Captian's Grill.
:mickey:

mousetrapper
03-27-2013, 07:47 PM
We always do Kona for breakfast but not on the final day. Tonga Toast is an absolute MUST. On final days of trips past, we've done an early lunch at Crystal Palace if the gang's in the mood for characters. We also did the tea at the GF on our last day a few years ago and that was a very nice way to end our trip.

DANAM
03-31-2013, 10:44 AM
So many good suggestions. I don't know how to choose. :rocks:

MyDisneyworld
04-02-2013, 09:02 AM
We use to love Ohona for breakfast but that has lost some love from us during our last trip. For something new we tried Boma and really enjoyed it. They have a huge variety and can custom make eggs anyway you would like.
Have a magical trip.

DCDisney
04-18-2013, 03:27 PM
BOMA !! (and that way you can spend as much time as you'd like watching the animals from the various spots around AKL before heading homeward). I'm super picky but I love the food there and always leave STUFFED. BF is a casual Disney fan and will eat nearly anything, but when I was making plans he asked about "that place with the breakfast buffet and the great juice, near the animals". It's his only request of a week-long trip ... it's that good.

Tigerinvestigator
04-19-2013, 11:59 AM
I agree that Boma is a great choice to end a WDW vacation, as well as Kona. We love the AKL and the Poly so they both make good "last stops" before hitting the road back to the real world. We also like Kouzzina for breakfast.:thumbsup:

renecat
04-19-2013, 12:32 PM
You might want to try Captains Grille at the Yacht Club. They offer a buffet or off the menu. We ate there for breakfast in Jan. and it was one of our favorites we had that trip.

MrPeetrie
04-20-2013, 09:25 PM
I'd give a nod to Whispering Canyon Cafe at Wilderness Lodge.

Also, on our last trip, we took boat ride to Downtown Disney, ate an early lunch at Earl of Sandwich, shopped a bit, then headed back for Magical Express. Not a bad way to finish off a great vacation.

SurferStitch
04-23-2013, 12:43 PM
Our very favorite breakfast spot is the Grand Flo Cafe. The food, atmosphere and service are wonderful. It's so relaxing, especially if you're seated all the way in the back of the restaurant.

When we stay at the Flo, we eat there many mornings. Even when we stay at a different resort, we have at least 2 or 3 breakfasts there... especially on departure day.

We just love it there. :cloud9:

BhamWriter
04-23-2013, 04:19 PM
I have upcoming reservations at Kona for my final morning. On my last couple of trips, I've opted for Grand Floridian Cafe, which can also be excellent (although my wife selected a frittata at one meal, but it had no flavor). Kona is an old favorite, so it's back there soon.