PDA

View Full Version : Transportation to Universal Studios

sigmaqt95
03-22-2013, 11:45 PM
We are staying at CBR and will not have a car. We would like to spend 1 day at Universal Studios. I do have points available with Enterprise and could get a car rental, but am not sure how we would do that since we would only get it for a day.

Any advice on transportation? Or how to get to a car rental location for 1 day?

Thanks!

caryrae
03-23-2013, 09:36 AM
Isn't there a Enterprise car rental place on property near Downtown Disney and isn't enterprise the ones that pick you up if needed?

Also saw this on the Disney website:

Alamo® Rent A Car, the Official Rental Car of Walt Disney World Resort, has locations at the Orlando International Airport and at the Car Care Center near the parking exit of Magic Kingdom Park. For Emerald Club customers, National Car Rental® also has a location at the Car Care Center. Shuttle service to and from your Disney Resort hotel is provided 7 days a week, Monday through Friday from 6:00 AM to 8:00 PM and Saturday and Sunday from 8:00 AM to 6:00 PM. Holiday hours may vary. Shuttle service should be scheduled at least 1 hour in advance.

Pirate Granny
03-23-2013, 01:28 PM
We just take a cab...call the night before and they will be waiting outside the main bldg...and just walk out when your ready to come back and there are lines of cabs. You have to pay for parking $15, so you need to factor that into to the rental rate. More convenient...door to park enterance almost. $40 each way. We've done this three times. IF you know when you want to come back, you can get a car service...but we wanted to be free to leave when we felt like it, hence the cabs.

ledudes
03-24-2013, 05:44 PM
There is a way to take the public bus from Disney I believe. My husband did it once for a convention. I think it was from ticket and transportation, but I'm not positive.

faline
03-24-2013, 06:14 PM
Lynx Route 111 used to stop at the Ticket and Transportation Center and, I believe, was subsidized by Disney. Disney planned to discontinue this subsidy and I think this route no longer comes to the Ticket and Transportation Center.

NLODisney
03-24-2013, 07:15 PM
You can schedule with Mears for round trip to Universal from any Disney Resort. I think it's around $20.00 per person.

Canuck Park Hopper
03-25-2013, 08:34 PM
Mears is the best bet. It's convenient, fast, cheap and doesn't require any parking, etc.

Call the day before to set up your pick-up time (for outside your resort main bldg). They drop you at the Universal drop-off/bus-loop and you call later in the day/evening when you are ready to go and the operator tells you which bus to get on.

Renting still requires getting to the rental office & paper-work and parking at Universal.

The Lynx is slooooow.

A cab might be a bit faster but easily more $$.

Ltmoko
03-27-2013, 06:54 PM
We used the Lynx bus to get to Universal, Never again, and took a cab back.