PDA

View Full Version : Birthday dinner (or lunch) ideas?

luvkatiebug
03-22-2013, 02:42 PM
We will be traveling to Disney in July and celebrating my birthday while we are there. Right now we have dinner reservations for Le Cellier, but rethinking this considering the cost and that my oldest daughter is not really a good eater (aka... picky). My husband and I have eaten there on our own, and loved it, but may want to try something new.

I am looking for suggestions for a great place to eat for a 40 something birthday with 2 adults and 2 girls (ages 8 and 12). Any thoughts. We may be in Epcot that day, but nothing is written in stone for that yet. Thanks.:mickey:

cajundisneyfreak
03-22-2013, 06:33 PM
Hi! My 15 year old son is a very picky eater also.Have you tried or considered 50's Prime Time or Sci-Fi at Hollywood Studios? Both places have a fun atmospere and good food.Happy Early Birthday !!!! :mickey:

VWL Mom
03-22-2013, 08:16 PM
If you're going to be in Epcot, Tutto Italia might be a choice where the menu would satisfy both you and your husband and the picky eaters. Since you're staying at BLT, The Wave might be another choice worth looking into. Both offer a nice atmosphere for your birthday.

DANAM
03-23-2013, 03:14 PM
What about one of the monorail hotels. My kids 8 and 11 love 'Ohana and 1900 Park Fare.

Lindsey310
03-24-2013, 02:36 PM
We like: Ohana, Via Napoli or how about Be our Guest? Let us know which you choose!! :eat:

Janmac
03-25-2013, 08:43 AM
Last month I celebrated my birthday at Disney World. I wore my pin all week. :D

Two of the best restaurants that week for birthday fun were Marrakesh at Morocco and Tokyo Dining at Japan, both in Epcot. We had an 8 year old with us (our grandniece) who is kind of a picky eater, in that she doesn't like the usual kid stuff. She does like to eat at Marrakesh and Tokyo Dining.

You can check the menus here at the info central tab at the top. At Marrakesh she got the pasta with the sauce on the side. At Tokyo Dining she got the kids tempura shrimp but mostly ate the rice and shrimp. This was fun because her food came in a dish that looked like a monorail.

The staff at both restaurants were awesome regarding my birthday - so happy to help celebrate. The 8 year old loves Marrakesh because the belly dancer gets the kids out on the floor and teaches them some easy moves but that monorail dish at Tokyo Dining was a lot of fun, as well.

I also had great celebrations at Cape May Cafe - breakfast, and 1900 Park Fare - supper.

Enjoy!

Jan

luvkatiebug
04-01-2013, 04:46 PM
Thanks so much for the ideas. I love the idea of wearing my pin the whole week! We already have reservations for Be Our Guest - so excited about that. (may have to have the "grey stuff"!) I like the idea of the Moroccan restaurant or the Italian one. We ate at the Italian place many years ago (before my girls were born), and that might not be a bad idea. Can wait - we just hit the 100 day mark last week! :mickey:

PETE FROM NYC
04-01-2013, 06:06 PM
When we were there last September, the best meals we had were Le Cellier, Cape May buffet, and 50s Prime Time. ADR got screwed up for 1900 Park Faire so they got us into Grand Floridian Café, where I wound up getting a $20 burger.