PDA

View Full Version : Spa?

Mfarquar
03-22-2013, 12:27 PM
Hi Everyone!

It's been awhile, but I wanted to get your professional opinions about spas in WDW. I haven't had much luck with my searches.

Our cousin and his wife-to-be will be going to WDW and Universal for the first time for their honeymoon this summer.

The bride is very interested in taking a spa break during their stay. Because we're park junkies and Disney usually isn't the first destination I think of for spas, I wanted to see what some of my fellow Intercotees have tried and recommend.

They may stay at the Animal Kingdom Lodge - how is that spa? What about Grand Floridian? I believe Saratoga Springs will be offline while they are there.

They will also be staying on the Universal property. Is this a better choice for spas? Any recommendations for Universal resort spas in case they want to maximize their Disney time?

Thanks in advance for your help!

BugeyedMuggy
03-23-2013, 07:40 AM
We have no knowledge of Universal but have tried the one at GF and the Manderan Spa (not sure on spelling)at the Dolphin and by far the Dolphin is our choice. I believe there are weekday discounts you can check into.

Mfarquar
03-23-2013, 07:54 AM
Thanks very much!

Your experience at the GF matches the little bit I've seen online. People seem unimpressed in comparison to the other choices in the area.

Hopefully some other people have tried the spas as well and can provide some tips on their experiences!

VWL Mom
03-23-2013, 08:45 AM
Beginning January 2013 all Disney spas are owned and operated by Disney so hopefully this will bring them all up to par and allow guests the same experience. Keep in mind, Senses at GF reopened in December under Disney management after undergoing extensive renovations so many of the reviews you're reading may be mute.

Mfarquar
03-27-2013, 12:19 PM
Thanks VWL Mom! This is good to know. I saw that Saratoga Springs' spa will reopen "this summer" according to Disney with a new name. Very helpful!