PDA

View Full Version : Don't miss ?????? to eat at DL

Disney_pups2
03-19-2013, 05:11 PM
What is your MUST stop for food in DL, DTD, or CA????

RedSoxandPatsfan
03-19-2013, 06:23 PM
For me it's always been the Blue Bayou in DL. As a kid I always thought it was so cool that there was a restaurant at the beginning of POTC.

mook3y
03-19-2013, 06:37 PM
For me it's always been the Blue Bayou in DL. As a kid I always thought it was so cool that there was a restaurant at the beginning of POTC.

:number1: I feel the same way! IMHO the best atmosphere of any restaurant I have had a meal at on Disney property. I am a fan of the Jambalaya with a mint julep.

Disney_pups2
03-20-2013, 12:53 AM
Do you need to have a reservation for this restaurant or is it a walk in? It sounds awesome and I think you have both convinced me..lol.

BrerGnat
03-20-2013, 08:59 AM
Blue Bayou USED to be very good. It's sadly just NOT anymore. You do need a reservation to eat here (probably one of maybe 3 restaurants these days that require one). It's still popular, but be forewarned, that's only due to it's reputation from long ago.

Downtown Disney has the best restaurants at DLR, IMO. Naples is excellent. Ralph Brennan's Jazz Kitchen puts Blue Bayou to SHAME. It's amazing. Catal/Uva Bar is also out of this world good. I had one of the best burgers of my life at the Uva bar for lunch on our last visit.

Napa Rose is my personal "do not miss" dining experience. It's one of the most highly rated restaurants in Southern CA. It's an AAA Four Diamond award winning restaurant. I have eaten there 3 times and still have vivid memories of the food there. It's exquisite.

I also really like Storyteller's Cafe at the Grand Calfornian. This place is consistently good as well.

In the parks, I would recommend Carthay Circle at DCA (similar to Napa Rose) or Wine Country Trattoria.

I will also say, don't discount CS food at Disneyland. It's much better than what you find at WDW, as a whole. My new favorite CS location is Tangaroa Terrace at the Disneyland Hotel. I love the Kahlua Pulled Pork flatbread and the crispy chicken sandwich!

Oh, and if you like Churros, get one! They are SO much better at DL than at WDW. Dole Whip as well is better. They only have the pineapple flavor available, but it's so much creamier and smooth. AND, you can take your Dole Whip right into the Tiki Room show and eat it while you watch. :)

DisneyLandMomma
03-20-2013, 01:51 PM
White Water Snacks in the Grand California Hotel has THE best nachos.....YUM!! We also love getting broccoli cheddar soup in bread bowls at either Harbour Gallery in DL or Pacific Wharf place in CA. Fo something sweet, fresh mickey shaped beignetsa the Mint Julep bar in NOS.

NewDVCowner
03-20-2013, 05:34 PM
I really like the bread bowls at Pacific Wharf at CA. They have soup or salads in a bread bowl. I usually get the salads. It's a huge amount of food.

Disney_pups2
03-22-2013, 01:44 AM
The bread bowls... do any of the stops have chili in them??

DisneyLandMomma
03-22-2013, 02:48 AM
Yes at the Coke corner kn Main Street they have a chili bread bowl. Also in Cars Land at one of th Cozy cones, they have a "chili cone carne" which is a cone shaped bread bowl with chili toppd with fritos and cheese.

Carol
03-22-2013, 06:59 PM
They have chili bread bowls at the Golden Horseshoe. ;)

Blue Bayou is a must once for the atmosphere. The food and menu really isn't that great. I would go for lunch if you've never been.

I agree with everything above. Plus;

I really like Big Thunder BBQ. The food is very good, as is the entertainment.

Love the flat bread pizzas at PCH Grill - and their soups and sandwiches. If you like a good burger and onion rings, check out Hungry Bear. It's a great place to eat along the water. I also love the offerings at California Adventure's Wharf area.

The counter service restaurants at Disneyland are much better than WDW. I never eat counter service in Florida but often do in California.

Disney_pups2
03-23-2013, 01:36 AM
They have chili bread bowls at the Golden Horseshoe. ;)

Blue Bayou is a must once for the atmosphere. The food and menu really isn't that great. I would go for lunch if you've never been.

I agree with everything above. Plus;

I really like Big Thunder BBQ. The food is very good, as is the entertainment.

Love the flat bread pizzas at PCH Grill - and their soups and sandwiches. If you like a good burger and onion rings, check out Hungry Bear. It's a great place to eat along the water. I also love the offerings at California Adventure's Wharf area.

The counter service restaurants at Disneyland are much better than WDW. I never eat counter service in Florida but often do in California.
Thanks Carol. Entertainment at the BBQ??? Is the Golden Horseshoe a show like it was in WDW?

Carol
03-23-2013, 12:05 PM
Thanks Carol. Entertainment at the BBQ??? Is the Golden Horseshoe a show like it was in WDW?

Yes. There are singers and a piano player that come out and perform on stage during the BBQ.

And Yes. Billy Hill and the Hillbillies perform at the Golden Horseshoe. They have select days and times so check the schedule, as they do get stuck over at the Ranch upon occasion.

Disney_pups2
03-23-2013, 06:38 PM
Thanks Carol, good info to know!! :thumbsup:

Disney4us2
03-29-2013, 05:59 PM
Here is another to add to my must do list.

We had the pleasure of finally trying Flo's V8 Cafe last Saturday. I loved it.

My (13 yo) DD had he kds mac & chese dinner. It came with apple rings, grapes and peas/carrots. It was too much for her to finish and she has an adult appetite. The kids meals there have very generous portions.

I had the NY strip loin. It comes with 2 side orders. I chose mashed potatoes and peas/carrots. It also came with a roll. Very generous portions and very good.

I have also had the kids breafast and it is almost as big as the adult ones.

I will be back to try more.:mickey: